News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kat

OO! Well spotted, your royal Chalkiness! :)

lurkalot

Quote from: stuart71 on December 05, 2013, 01:14:02 PM
Hello (again)

Is there a mod to get the arcade to look like http://invisiongames.org/forum/index.php?autocom=arcade

I do like the layout

You mean like on my site ? http://cameracraniums.com/forum/index.php?action=arcade

If you're running SMF Arcade v2.5 RC2 then you need the PDL/Skin Combo plugin  This includes the Jeza skin. ;)

stuart71

Lurkalot  il like the way it is on your site

Would that PDL/Skin combo plugin work on SMF 2.0.6
Im using  Arcade v2.5 RC1

lurkalot

Quote from: stuart71 on December 05, 2013, 05:42:43 PM
Lurkalot  il like the way it is on your site

Would that PDL/Skin combo plugin work on SMF 2.0.6
Im using  Arcade v2.5 RC1

It'll work fine with SMF 2.0.6 But not with Arcade v2.5 RC1, as far as I'm aware it's for Arcade v2.5 RC2  Hopefully Underdog will come along and confirm this. ;)

stuart71

I just uninstalled my Arcade v2.5 RC1
Installed Arcade v2.5 RC2

Installed  the PDL/Skin mod

In my admin im getting the PDL settings but nothing about the Layout format

lurkalot

Quote from: stuart71 on December 05, 2013, 06:13:51 PM
I just uninstalled my Arcade v2.5 RC1
Installed Arcade v2.5 RC2

Installed  the PDL/Skin mod

In my admin im getting the PDL settings but nothing about the Layout format

Admin > Arcade > Settings.  Set Arcade Skin

stuart71

Found it

Thank you for your help  ;)

KalEl025

Quote from: mjohnson025 on September 26, 2013, 07:31:31 PM
Is there an updated version of this mod somewhere? I just tried installing both 2.5RC1 and 2.0.18 and neither one are compatible.

Thanks in advance.
Kal

Still looking for a response to this please.

lurkalot

Quote from: mjohnson025 on December 06, 2013, 04:39:24 PM
Quote from: mjohnson025 on September 26, 2013, 07:31:31 PM
Is there an updated version of this mod somewhere? I just tried installing both 2.5RC1 and 2.0.18 and neither one are compatible.

Thanks in advance.
Kal

Still looking for a response to this please.

What version of SMF are you using?  If it's SMF 2.0.6 then you can use SMF Arcade v2.5 RC2 without problem, you just need to emulate SMF to 2.0.2 to install it. http://www.docskillz.com/docs/index.php?topic=323.0 

And http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_can_I_install_a_mod_that_doesn%27t_work_in_my_SMF_version

GleamPlay.com

I am trying to install Arcade mod
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=36
I emulated to SMF 2.0 RC5 and try to install it

But it said Error in Package Installation
and the error is on ./Sources/ManageSettings.php

Code: (Find) [Select]
   );

// Are we getting info for the help section.
Code: (Add Before) [Select]
      // arcade = arcade (makes sense, right?)
      'arcade' => array(
         'url' => 'action=admin;area=arcade',
         'settings' => array(
            'arcadeEnabled' => 1,
         ),
      ),

I tried to ignore the error and install it and later on my search in admin panel has problems.
(I know I shouldn't)
And then I backup it and restored the forum, luckily.

I know many people can install Arcade mod successfully, is it only me that cannot install it or the mod is out-dated?
Gleam - http://gleamplay.com
The SMF to have fun, meet new friends and play games!

Chalky

Chen Zhen

Gleam.tk,

The first link in the post directly above yours will redirect you to the updated version (RC2).  Imo perusing the posts directly prior to that one will answer your next set of questions after you have the Arcade installed (alternate template, installing IBP games, etc.).

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

jpdc91

Hello,

I have installed smf_2.0.6 with the SMF_Arcade_2.5_RC2 but i have this error:
An error occurred while saving score
Error while saving score for game "9BallSte". Submit system might be invalid, should be "ibp" or user tried to cheat
The arcade settings look like this..
Can you help me please?

Chen Zhen

jpdc91,

The arcade sets save types for games depending on file configuration at the time of installation. If the game you speak of did not have the proper file setup, it did not know how to set the save type so it made it the smf1 default.  To fix this, edit your 9ball game and go to advanced settings where you can set its save type to IBP.  The error you showed for that game told you the save type it needed to be set to (IBP).

For future reference you will need to have the pdl/skin combo plugin installed to use IBP v3.2 games (unless you manipulate game files manually). The game you mentioned is just IBP save type which works for SMF Arcade without any necessary plugins.   

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

vertese

thank you Underdog, you all work so hard to help us.
Thank you.

jpdc91

Great its working..
Thanks 8)

Draffi

QuoteError while saving score for game "9BallSte". Submit system might be invalid, should be "ibp" or user tried to cheat

Where i find this message?

Chen Zhen

Draffi,

From your general forum error log.
Admin->Logs->Error Log

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Draffi

roomeat

Is the smfarcade.info site no longer?
Sorry been away for quite a while no just trying to refresh myself with mods I have installed and need to update.
We were not given dreams, without also being given the power to achieve them.

Advertisement: