News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chen Zhen

dodo88,

Do you have the most recent version installed?  It appears that you have an old version installed (ie. on Troll & Go),
It is located here: http://www.docskillz.com/docs/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=cat3

Try updating the mod to see if it resolves your issue. Make sure to uninstall & delete your current version before applying SMF Arcade RC2.

Use this Arcade plugin to install IBP 2.5 games: PDL/Skin Combo

Regards.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

shazoo!

Hi Underdog,

quick question... I'm in the process of reinstalling all my mod because of some yak up with some mods.

I downloaded RC2 just now.
When installing it, do I emulate as 2.0.2 or can I just go for it at 2.0.7?

lurkalot

Quote from: shazoo! on April 21, 2014, 04:22:44 PM
Hi Underdog,

quick question... I'm in the process of reinstalling all my mod because of some yak up with some mods.

I downloaded RC2 just now.
When installing it, do I emulate as 2.0.2 or can I just go for it at 2.0.7?

Emulate to 2.0.2 and it should be fine. ;)

vertese

Hi,
We have SMF 2.0.7 with SMF 2.5 RC2 arcade installed.
We have over 600 games and everything worked well, until we installed the games in our new SMF forum.
Everything looks ok, and I have checked the permissions re saving the scores.
But after the games are played, the screen just freezes with no games saving.
Please can you advice?

vertese

We really need help with this, our members are keep players and the scores are not saving.
We moved our SMF 2.0.7 set up in 2005, to another with a name change.
please help

margarett

We need at the very least a test account with permission to play and save scores. No admin account is needed.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

vertese

thanks Margarett,
I have sent you the details, thank you for reply.

margarett

Well, TBH I'm not really sure what I'm looking for :P as I don't really know the MOD or how it operates in its "guts"...

Nevertheless, I waited a bunch of time for a first game to load but eventually if loaded. Then I tried "30 seconds". Loaded fast, couldn't submit the score.
I picked Firebug and reloaded the game page. Network analyzer shown a huge wait for this:
http://mochibot.com/my/core.swf?mv=8&fv=8&v=WIN%2012%2C0%2C0%2C70&swfid=3835f44a&l=10301&f=_level0&sb=remote&t=1
(no idea what that is, but I mochibot.com isn't a valid domain name for me, although it is valid in a WHOIS search...)
And the game didn't load again :(

Quote...everything worked well, until we installed the games in our new SMF forum.
What do you mean? Did you change hosts, domain names, etc?

From my point of view, it's that unavailable mochibot.com the culprit. Why? No idea, really...

Edit: I guess this should be related:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mochi_Media
(Mochi Media is the owner of mochibot.com and it seems it was shut down)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

vertese

Yes you very kindly helped us move yesterday.

margarett

Oh... I did?
* margarett feels the memory failing :P

vertese

Hiya
the main problem is with the games saving , the ones that are slow or not working can be deleted , but it is just incredibly annoying that they cannot save the games , I have reinstalled the arcade after the move and it dosent seem to have changed anything.
I would think it is a problem with the database connection ? I will have a another look at it
Thanks

margarett

No, it shouldn't be a database problem. I see 2 possibilities:
- or it is related to that site that the game tries to reach and it was a coincidence you changed server at the same time.
Or
- your new server/host is blocking some connection the game tries to establish.

Can you ask your new host some help on this? Maybe thy can check their logs for some attempted connection that was blocked?

margarett

So, some further investigation...

* Navigating your forums, there are some things (especially images) still pointing to your old domain. Probably not related to this issue...
* There are mixed GET requests to either www.chill4uscarers.co.uk or chill4uscarers.co.uk You need to be sure your paths all correct and they ALL include or don't include the www. Doubts? Check again repair_settings.php.
* There is a failed GET that worries me: http://chill4uscarers.co.uk/forum/arcade.php
* I tried a different game --> http://www.chill4uscarers.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=arcade;sa=play;game=728
It doesn't load but I hear the sound...

fwitt

further to margarett's post check the settings in the arcade admin - settings page as they contain paths that are not included in repair_settings.php

vertese

thank you Margarett and thanks fwitt
We are still working on this and will let you know next week.
Our members are really missing the games, so we hope it will be fixed then.

Harvester

I emulated 2.0.2 as I read in this thread and it seemed to all go well but then when I clicked on teh arcade link I get this error

Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'ifnull'
File: /home3/jared867/public_html/fishinpedia.com/fishin-forums/Sources/ArcadeList.php
Line: 155

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.7, while your database is at version 2.0.2. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Kindred

looks like one group of tables is utf8_unicode_ci and another is utf8_general_ci

they should all be the same
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Harvester

a help desk member told me it would be best if I converted all to utf8_general_ci but after reading the helpfile on how to do it, quite honestly, I was afraid I would screw it up so I never attempted to convert.

Chen Zhen

Harvester,

Since both are utf8 based collations you can use either of the tools provided from this link:
http://webdevelop.comli.com/index.php?topic=32.0

Regards.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Harvester

Quote from: -Underdog- on May 13, 2014, 07:40:44 PM
Harvester,

Since both are utf8 based collations you can use either of the tools provided from this link:
http://webdevelop.comli.com/index.php?topic=32.0

Regards.

Hi Underdog, I installed your tool but I cant find where to access it now, in my admin panel.

Advertisement: