SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandmansa

Can anyone please help me address this problem that I have posted earlier in this thread?  This link will take you right to my question.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=29619.msg1534350#msg1534350

guyute4u

SMF Arcade 2.0.13
SMF 1.1.5

Error:
"You need to enable javascript in order to play games."

Error happens on each game.

My list of packages:
Mod Name Version 
1. express 2 smiley set 2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
2. Page View Counter 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
3. Global Headers Footers 1.3   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
4. Free Smileys 0.9.2.2  [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
5. GoogleTagged 1.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
6. SMF 1.0.13 / 1.1.5 / 2.0 b3.1 Update 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
7. YouTube BBCode 2.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
8. Auto Embed Video Clips 2.0  [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
9. cbi, 1.0 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
10. mp3 Flash Player BBC Tag (XHTML Compliant) 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
11. RSS Feed Poster 1.0.5   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
12. SMF Arcade 2.0.12  [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
13. Location on Member List 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
14. AddThis Social Bookmarks 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
15. TinyPortal 0.983   [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
16. New Topic Button 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
17. Googlebot & Spiders Mod 2.0.3   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
18. Auto Embed Video Clips 2.1.4   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
19. SMF Gallery Lite 1.8.1.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
20. Unique Hit Counter 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
21. cbi, 0.5 0.5  [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
22. RSS Feed Icon 1.1   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
23. Ad Managment 2.3   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
24. Separated Birthdays from Events 1.0  [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
25. Pretty URLs - Base 0.7   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
26. SMF Arcade 2.0.13   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
27. Registration - Show Language mod 1.0.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
28. New RSS Button Per Board 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
29. SMF Links 1.6.6   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
30. Language Tag 1.1.1 

Support account:
ID: JavaissueSMF
PW: JavaissueSMF

URL: http://www.theminx.org [nofollow]

My coding level: Newbie

Can ya help Me? 

niko

Quote from: guyute4u on May 15, 2008, 08:35:09 AM
SMF Arcade 2.0.13
SMF 1.1.5

Error:
"You need to enable javascript in order to play games."

Error happens on each game.

URL: http://www.theminx.org

My coding level: Newbie

Can ya help Me?

Something seems to be messing links in arcade javascript. (Maybe prettyurls?)

Workaround:

Arcade.English.php

$txt['arcade_no_flash'] = 'You have not installed Adobe Flash Player, you need install it before you can play, you also need to have javascript enabled. <a href="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" target="_blank">Install</a>';
$txt['arcade_no_javascript'] = 'You need to enable javascript in order to play games.';
$txt['arcade_please_wait'] = 'Please wait while checking session... (<a href="javascript:ArcadeStart();">Skip</a>)';

Replace with

$txt['arcade_no_flash'] = 'You have not installed Adobe Flash Player, you need install it before you can play, you also need to have javascript enabled.';
$txt['arcade_no_javascript'] = 'You need to enable javascript in order to play games.';
$txt['arcade_please_wait'] = 'Please wait while checking session...';
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

guyute4u

Thanks Niko! I'm gonna try that as soon as I get home.

whatnow

One member on my board keeps generating the same errors messages whenever she plays. Does anyone know why? and what could I do to stop this?

8: Undefined index: arcade
File: /usr/www/users/zz/smf/Sources/Arcade.php
Line: 120

Line: 125

Line: 128

Line: 135

Thanks

guyute4u

That did the trick! Thank you so much Niko!  :D

MissyNL

hello,

I have a problem.. most of my members can play the games.. but some members receive this error..

It seems that Arcade 2.0.13  (and also 2.0.12) doesnt work in internet explorer...
I have smf 1.1.5

Does anybody know what i can do about it?

Best Wishes,

Cynthia
Sorry for my poor English, but i think it's probably better then your Dutch :)

The Saviour

Hello, everyone...

Listen...I'm a little new to using SMF...and for the life of me, cannot get any modifications to install properly using the Package parser in the Admin section of my version of SMF...which is currently 1.1.5.

Now...I'd like to get this arcade installed for my users.  I've tried uploading the package from my desktop as a zipped folder.  I click the Apply Mod link...it goes through its testing, yet it doesn't seem to complete.  About the first 10 files pass, and then the rest of the files have no log entries...just blank spaces.

Well...I continue to click Install and I'm redirected to a "page cannot be displayed" in IE7.  I end up going into the Packages section of Admin and deleting the mod.

Prior to this...I check for installed packages, but it's just not there.

I've even tried looking at the manual for this mod, but that just confuses me more.  I've even looked at SMF's guide to manual installation of mods, but again...confused.

I would really appreciate it...if someone could lend me a hand and walk me through this entire process.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Update...

Nevermind...I have the Arcade up and running.  Thanks to all who replied (sarcasm).

Ur_Irish_Rose

Hello :)

I have this arcade on my forum and I was wondering is there a way i can put trophies on it

as in gold silver bronze

or is there a button to turn this on :|

can you help me pls

thank you in advance
http://www.boards-express-forum.com/BE/index.php
Irish And Proud SMF Charter Member

Angie on Dialysis

wow I notice you guys have ignored Sandman asking about an error 3 times in the last 2 pages. Geeze ... he is asking to help me with my forums. Where else can we go for help if no one will answer here? :(

niko

Quote from: Angie of AKC on May 21, 2008, 02:52:59 AM
wow I notice you guys have ignored Sandman asking about an error 3 times in the last 2 pages. Geeze ... he is asking to help me with my forums. Where else can we go for help if no one will answer here? :(

Well It's little hard to keep track of posts in this large topic.

It's probably some theme edit, since default theme has $first and $last variable (for RTL support) but for some reason they are not there. If you have done manually changes you need to do those also for Arcade button.
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

Angie on Dialysis

Quote from: Niko on May 21, 2008, 03:24:26 AM
Quote from: Angie of AKC on May 21, 2008, 02:52:59 AM

Well It's little hard to keep track of posts in this large topic.

It's probably some theme edit, since default theme has $first and $last variable (for RTL support) but for some reason they are not there. If you have done manually changes you need to do those also for Arcade button.

M-DVD

Hello.

There is a plugin firefox that allows the user to put any score at the end of each game.

Can corrected through the MOD? Is it the fault of flash flash?

Thank you.

Tuplad

Hey there!

I've got the 2.0.12 which I want to update to 2.0.13. How do I do that ? My forum is Dutch and I've got some manual work to do because I'm using an other template than the default. Is there some sort of changelog(*.diff) ?

KameL

Hi... I've installed the latest version for this mod in my SMF site, but i have a little problem with it: when i finish the installation process, my smf gets desynchronised with the theme. The header is good, but all the rest are moved to the right... There's a fix for my problem?

EDIT: That error appears on Firefox... the mod works a bit fine on IE.

EDIT 2: Added screenshots

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/4099/problemaqw4.jpg

EDIT 3: I've fixed it editing the index.template.php replacing this:
echo ($current_action == 'arcade' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , ' <td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'arcade' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '"> <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=arcade">' , $txt['arcade'] , '</a> </td>' , $current_action == 'arcade' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

for this:
  // Arcade
if ($context['user']['is_logged'] && $context['allow_pm'])
                              echo '<li><a' , $current_action=='arcade' ? ' class="current"' : '' , ' href="', $scripturl, '?action=arcade"><span>' , $txt[999] , '</span></a></li>';

and adding a new string in index.{language}.php:
$txt[999] = 'Arcade';

MissyNL

Hello,

I have posted earlier.. but no one is replying. so i try again :D

I have Arcade veersion 2.0.13 installed and have smf 1.1.5. The mod doesn't seem to work in IE.

It gives this error :

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a64/summerbreeze22/Dragndrop.jpg

Please help, because the girls really like this mod!

Thanks!

City Builder

Hi,
I've installed smf_arcade and had to manually edit the Subs.php and index_template.php and did as instructed in the package parser on the mods page for version 1.1.5

I've downloaded some gamepacks from the official site and ftp'd them to the Games directory.

I go into my Admin section and I see Games Administration with three options, (Games, Categories, and settings).

I've set the permissions for the categories and uploaded some of the games to the Games directory on the server (I've even chmodded them to 777 in my attempts) but when I go into any option in the Games administration area, I don't see any options to "install games" or anything like that.

I've tried this in both Firefox browser as well as Internet Exploder 7.0

Can someone tell me what step I've missed and what to do to correct this?

I also saw something on the official site about notify admin to delete accounts so I set that in the smf features settings so that people can't delete their account without my being notified (which didn't help my situation).

So how to I install the games?  (Yes I uploaded the individual files and not the .zip file to the Games directory on the server).

Thanks

Update: Fixed.  The solution was to chmod the Games Directory to 777, I had only chmoded the files themselves to 777 which didn't help anything.  So for anybody else experiencing this problem, try chmod 777 to your Games directory, maybe it will work for you too.

City Builder

Quote from: Lafemme on May 26, 2008, 07:15:26 AM
Hello,

I have Arcade veersion 2.0.13 installed and have smf 1.1.5. The mod doesn't seem to work in IE.

It gives this error :

Thanks!

Do you have Tiny Portal installed?  I get this same error message when trying to add smilies to my forum, and I contacted Tiny Portal admin who says that it's a known issue with Internet Explorer and I should check what is the content of the blocks that I have on my site.  I never found out what is causing it and I switched to firefox browser to deal with those areas where I.E. produces this error message.  However none of our users have reported getting this error when using the regular areas of our site.

Good luck

Update: I get this error message as well.  I've turned off all tiny portal blocks on the site but to no avail, I still get the Dreaded Operation Aborted message from Internet Explorer, however firefox browser doesn't give me any troubles with the arcade.  Im currently using I.E 7.0 but am now going to download the I.E. 8.0 Beta and see if it does the same thing.

MissyNL

Quote from: City Builder on May 26, 2008, 02:42:49 PM
Quote from: Lafemme on May 26, 2008, 07:15:26 AM
Hello,

It gives this error :

Thanks!

Do you have Tiny Portal installed?  I get this same error message when trying to add smilies to my forum, and I contacted Tiny Portal admin who says that it's a known issue with Internet Explorer and I should check what is the content of the blocks that I have on my site.  I never found out what is causing it and I switched to firefox browser to deal with those areas where I.E. produces this error message.  However none of our users have reported getting this error when using the regular areas of our site.

Good luck

Update: I get this error message as well.  I've turned off all tiny portal blocks on the site but to no avail, I still get the Dreaded Operation Aborted message from Internet Explorer, however firefox browser doesn't give me any troubles with the arcade.  Im currently using I.E 7.0 but am now going to download the I.E. 8.0 Beta and see if it does the same thing.

I have tiny portal installed,  however... i do not think TP has something to do with it, since i have no modules added in TP with the arcade and also no blocks..

The thing is.. that the page is loading, but when someone clicks on a game, the member gets this error..
And i can not expect that all my members are going to use firefox.. just because they want to play a game.. :(

Angie on Dialysis

What would prevent additional member groups from having access to ANY games (shows as No Games Available but ONLY to them)?? Permissions in both admin section for whole forums and for the arcade do not prevent these groups (I checked those and nope they are fine) .. and seems to be ONLY additional groups and not default ones .. they USED to have access .. do not know what happened.

So I am hoping someone else has a clue on what could have happened??  1.1.5.   Am not using the default theme.

Advertisement: