SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chalky

Ok, that explains your problem better  :)  It's outside my field of knowledge though since I haven't used the arcade conversion tool.  Have you tried installing a new instance of the game?  As in download the game afresh from ibpdownloads or somewhere?  Not saving scores is an issue I have encountered with some, but very few, games that I have installed and unfortunately ended up scrapping them in favour of others.

Chen Zhen

vertese,

E-Arcade used a different method to determine the save types of games whereas the conversion tool attempts to set those save types depending on files/file types associated with each game.  There may have been some games that did not include the necessary files to determine the appropriate save type and/or other scenarios that may have caused the issue.  Some/many games may require manual save type adjustment which can be determined by viewing the errorlog after attempting to save a score that shows an error.  The error should show the necessary save type setting which can be adjusted by editing the games in question (Advanced Settings -> Submit System).

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

vertese

thank you both
Underdog you have solved the problem, and I can also make some games bigger when they were too small.
I have spent weeks trying to fix these games so your help as allowed me to solve it for the members.
thank you very much - have a great weekend

bud01100

His site is down..

Whats up?

vertese

Bud was that question for me? because we are fixed now.
Thank you

bud01100

Quote from: vertese on October 21, 2013, 10:07:51 AM
Bud was that question for me? because we are fixed now.
Thank you
Hi,

No it was a question in general.. However.. http://www.smfarcade.info 

is not up

Rayvon

I'm on a mad search too, can't find an arcade download anywhere. I'm using SMF 2.0.5 as well.

Linchpin

Is there an SMF Arcade version that works with SMF 2.0.5? The site at hxxp:smfarcade.info [nonactive] has been down for weeks

ThomasA

Is there anywhere to download Arcade Skin since smfarcade.info [nofollow] is down ?

Chalky

I've no idea how "official" or authorised this is but hopefully it will put some of you out of your misery  ;)  http://www.docskillz.com/docs/index.php?board=32.0

ThomasA

Quote from: ChalkCat on October 26, 2013, 07:27:38 AM
I've no idea how "official" or authorised this is but hopefully it will put some of you out of your misery  ;)  http://www.docskillz.com/docs/index.php?board=32.0 [nofollow]

Tnx for the fast feedback, but I still can't find Arcade Skin to change from boring default to the fancy layout  :o

Boring layout

Fancy layout

Chalky

Look at the second page of the link I gave you.  It's called the Jeza Skin.

Always remember to back up your forum before installing any mods, especially those that aren't included on the SMF mod site.

ThomasA

Hmmm... is it up to me, or all the downloads from that site are all 0 kb... broken archive.

Chalky

You're right, damn!  Sorry, I tried.........

ThomasA

Can someone provide another link please? From their own archive, or from another site.

Chalky

The trouble is, it doesn't have a suitable licence to allow re-distribution.  You can't just get it from someone else.

Chen Zhen

To whom it may concern,

The Arcade site is down due to hosting changes (different IP's) and I atm I am not able to get hold of Niko to have him contact his domain provider to make the necessary changes.  When I do finally contact him I will ask if he intends to continue with the arcade site else for permission to post his mod on my site and also the permission to make changes for when SMF 2.1 is released as public. All other SMF Arcade related mods and plugins are available on docskills.com and webdevelop.comli.com.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

fwitt

Quote from: Witch's Black Cat on October 26, 2013, 10:31:46 AM
The trouble is, it doesn't have a suitable licence to allow re-distribution.  You can't just get it from someone else.

Niko allowed Skhilled to distribute it from his site, so it is fine to download from docskillz.
was it docskillz where you got the 0kb downloads as I just downloaded from there and got the full download successfully.
If so were you logged in or a guest?

or for those familiar with GitHub you can get the mod from Niko's repository there hxxps://github.com/SMF-Arcade/SMF-Arcade

vertese

Quotevertese,

E-Arcade used a different method to determine the save types of games whereas the conversion tool attempts to set those save types depending on files/file types associated with each game.  There may have been some games that did not include the necessary files to determine the appropriate save type and/or other scenarios that may have caused the issue.  Some/many games may require manual save type adjustment which can be determined by viewing the errorlog after attempting to save a score that shows an error.  The error should show the necessary save type setting which can be adjusted by editing the games in question (Advanced Settings -> Submit System).
Please could you advice re this game Mahjonggg2JS
It is again a favourite game, but I cannot get it to keep the score.  I looked in the error log and there was only a long list of numbers showing.
any help appreciated.
thanks

mike1984

Does this mod have an upgrade? I have an old version installed (2.5 RC1.1D) and I'd like to upgrade to the newest version, but I don't want to lose the data I've already got and I'd rather not have to fiddle around uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Advertisement: