News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Simple Image Upload

Started by Sium, March 02, 2009, 12:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JF3000

On the default theme it does this once images are added to the site, adds the line br everywhere:

<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

How do i remove them?

aquascape

Please tell me how to install the mod. for my 2.0.7 (now upgrade to 2.0.8)
I tried to edit as stated in the link but I do not understand this section
File Operations
Move the included file "imgbb.js" to "./Themes/default/scripts".

May be it is common to every mod but I am not computer expert. please explain more or it is just a note to admin

felizycontento

Quote from: Sono on January 13, 2014, 07:23:42 PM
Would it be possible to set this mod to display the original image uploaded to the server instead of the thumbnail? Or to display a bigger sized thumbnail?

I am willing to get this too. A 1024 thumbnail would be great

villasg

Plz are any way to display the ORIGINAL image not the thumbnail ?
Like the older version .
If not i think rollback to previous version 1.4.0 ....

Any help please ?

felizycontento

Quote from: villasg on August 28, 2016, 12:58:44 PM
Plz are any way to display the ORIGINAL image not the thumbnail ?
Like the older version .
If not i think rollback to previous version 1.4.0 ....

Any help please ?

Does it fix the problem?

phishinfool

a blessing, this add on is a blessing.
Thank you.

If a member uploads an image, can they later delete it?

shoppy

Quote from: JF3000 on June 22, 2016, 09:57:08 AM
On the default theme it does this once images are added to the site, adds the line br everywhere:

<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

How do i remove them?

Did you find a solution for this problem because I have the same thing here.

ModelBoatMayhem

Can anyone testify to the reliability of the new version of this Mod please?

Quote from: ModelBoIyhem on February 26, 2014, 05:55:56 AM

A great Mod but totally unreliable....  >:(
That's my firm opinion.... but what do I know?!

frankiekam

With reference to my post http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=296621.msg3856242#msg3856242

I discovered that the file download at the site h t t p : / / p o s t i m a g e . o r g / m o d . p h p
no longer works.  When you click the Download button a server ginx error occurs. Bummer!

So you are no longer able to download the file siu_smf_english_family.zip.
Never fear! I have uploaded the file to my own server. You can download it from  h t t p : / / b i t . l y / 2 j u T C 3 n

Hope this helps,
Frankie Kam

Jailer

Quote from: ModelBoatMayhem on January 17, 2017, 04:44:58 AM

Can anyone testify to the reliability of the new version of this Mod please?

Quote from: ModelBoIyhem on February 26, 2014, 05:55:56 AM

A great Mod but totally unreliable....  >:(

Well I've only had it installed for a couple weeks now but it's working perfectly for me. My users love it.

tdennis

I just downloaded the imgbb.com/mod from the imgbb.com site and then installed it in my SMF 2.0.13 forum. It installed fine, no errors. My problem the "Add a photo" link does not show when adding a new topic/post. I went through my Admin features and can not find a place to turn the option on nor to set any parameters. What am I missing?
Dennis

Shambles

I just installed it - the link shows just beneath the textbox, thus:

Did you tick the box for your theme, during installation?

tdennis

Here is what I have found out after asking about the mod.

I found out the MOD works for at least two of my members. They both see the link and have uploaded photos. Works slick as can be.

I installed the imgbb/mod and it loaded fine, no errors but I could not find the link to upload the photos. I assumed the MOD was not working. Jon, one of my members, has uploaded several photos without a hitch. Another member who is in Italy on vacation sees the link and has uploaded 4 photos using his smart phone.

I can not see the link on my HP desktop running Windows 7 Pro with Firefox, or Safari or IE browsers, I then tried my android smart phone with Chrome, Firefox and the android browser can't see the link. Tried my ASUS tablet with Chrome and Firefox and can't see the link. Last thing I tried is my wife's laptop with IE and Firefox and I can't see the link.

Then I decided the problem is with my normal Admin login so I used a test login that has regular member permissions and I still can not see the link! Beginning to think I am going crazy!

This is stupid but it does not show up on a new topic or a reply or in a PM (does for the other two members). What could be causing this problem.

Thanks
Dennis

Shambles

Are you all using the same theme?

tdennis

I think so but I just created a new test membership with regular member permissions and when I use this login I can see the upload link and the MOD works perfectly. Since the other person that can not see the upload link is one of my Admin and has the same Admin permissions as I do I suspect the problem is associated with our Admin profiles but that is strange. I did just look through my profile to see if there was anything set that might possibly be associated with the problem and I saw nothing.
Thanks
Dennis

tdennis

Quote from: Shambles on March 23, 2017, 05:43:01 PM
Are you all using the same theme?

Shambles thanks for the hint! I looked at my admin login and the test membership I tested with and both had the same theme. I created a new test membership that went in with the default theme and the mod showed up and worked perfectly. Not sure what was wrong with that theme but its no problem to get rid of it!
Thanks for your help,
Dennis

Shambles

During installation there's a checkbox (or multiple checkboxes) that allows you to apply theme-related changes to your other theme(s).

It's easy to overlook those additional bits.

Quote from: Shambles on March 23, 2017, 02:50:34 PM
Did you tick the box for your theme, during installation?

MULITRI

I have installed this Mod and the two testing posts i made were fine.

I had downloaded their Mod with Family Safe and Full Image, and everything is correct, the link to Inserte An Image it's shown as Shambles has posted some replies above.

I'd open an account with them, but i can figure my members should do the same if they want their pictures at hand and organized, instead to upload them anonymously.

For this, what i didn't found is where that "Insert An Image" code is placed, to add some piece of additional text advicing to create an account with them.

I have added that suggestion to the tutorial i made about everything to create a Topic or Reply.... but as you all know, 1% of users read those tutorials :D

Great Mod for non expertise users... Thanks :)

Dave llewellyn

Hello can anyone help me fix this problem?

Seeing a problem with this mod, Simple Image Upload 2.0.0 -  https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1669

I would ask the Author of the mod but looks like they not been on line 6 months...

what happen is once you upload a photo it adds a link in description box but adds <br /> both sides of the photo once posted, if you remove the <br /> from the down loaded link its fine, but members don't really get that.

here a Attachment showing the problem and my package manager to show what I am using with SMF 2.0.14

Tapatalk SMF 2.0 Plugin 4.4.1  [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
EzPortal 3.2  [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
SMF 2.0.14 Update 1.0  [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
SMF 2.0.12 Update 1.0[ List Files ] [ Delete ]
SMF Gallery Lite 6.0[ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
Google Analytics Code 1.5.1  [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
Yet Another YouTube BBCode Tag 4.1  [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
Signature Area BBCode Buttons 2.0.3  [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
Forum Firewall 2.0.0  [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
Simple Image Upload 2.0.0 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
SMF 2.0.13 Update 1.0  [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
Like Posts 2.0.5 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
Simple Audio Video Embedder 4.0.3  [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

Cheers Dave

PS I've had a read of this page and looks to be a on going problem.   

purson

Quote from: shoppy on November 12, 2016, 12:55:01 AM
Quote from: JF3000 on June 22, 2016, 09:57:08 AM

How do i remove them?

Did you find a solution for this problem because I have the same thing here.

Quote from: Dave llewellyn on May 27, 2017, 08:37:18 AM
Hello can anyone help me fix this problem?

Seeing a problem with this mod, Simple Image Upload 2.0.0 -  https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1669

I would ask the Author of the mod but looks like they not been on line 6 months...

what happen is once you upload a photo it adds a link in description box but adds <br /> both sides of the photo once posted, if you remove the <br /> from

Hi,

I've just installed this MOD and I fixed this problem by editing the MOD myself. It is really simple:

1. Go to your server and open this file: FORUM_ROOT_FOLDER/Themes/default/scripts/imgbb.js
2. Search for the string "<br />". You should find it around this code:

... imgbb_text.replace(new RegExp("\n",'g'),"<br />")) ...

3. Replace the "<br />" by "\n". It should look like this after the change:

... imgbb_text.replace(new RegExp("\n",'g'),"\n")) ...

4. Save the file and this issue should be fixed.

Advertisement: