Update/upgrade confusion

Started by Peter Duggan, March 06, 2005, 05:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Duggan

From the downloads page:

Update
QuoteUpdate package from the previous beta version. You can use the upgrade package too, but it's larger.
Use this if you have SMF 1.0 (or higher) installed. Remember to run upgrade.php, and if you're not using English get the new language files.

Not for previous *beta* version, so this should just be 'previous version'!

Upgrade    
QuoteUpgrade package from YaBB SE 1.5.5 and any previous beta version of SMF. Contains English only, download any other languages below.
Use this if you have YaBB SE 1.5.5, SMF 1.0, or lower installed - just use upgrade.php.

Some confusion on where SMF 1.0 belongs (let alone its RC versions)?

Having just downloaded the wrong package (update) by 56K dial-up to deal with my 1.0 RC2 boards (not technically 'beta') and been left with many outdated files, things could and should IMHO be made much clearer here.

Alexandre P.

May I suggest this ?

Update
QuoteIf you are running SMF 1.0 (or higher) without any mod, use this package to update your forum to the most current release.  You can use the upgrade package too, but it's larger.
Remember to run upgrade.php and, if you use other languages than English, to get the updated language files.

Upgrade    
QuoteUse this package to upgrade your current YaBB SE 1.5.5 or any previous version of SMF to the lastest release.  Use this package too if you have mods installed (you will have to re-install them after the upgrade).
Remember to run upgrade.php and, if you use other languages than English, to get the updated language files.
Aucun support par M.P., courriel ou messagerie instantanée / No support by P.M., email or I.M.

Advertisement: