News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Custom Smilies

Started by blar, November 19, 2003, 07:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blar

a new option in the user profile options. user can select board or own smilies (http://myserver/mysmilies/)

morph

Coming soon!

blar

i mean my own smilies on my server or local path

morph

Ah, I see.  That could pose as a security risk though.  Using anything from an outside source is always bound for something bad to end up happening... Atleast thats what I think.

Coming soon!

blar

no its the same as the avatars. your can choose local or remote avatars. i want the same for my smilies

Tyris

I'd say this would be less of a security risk than avatars... coz the user is the only one who personally see's them... and hence the only one who can do any damage to their own computer...

[Unknown]

It becomes tricky when "add more smileys" functionality is used..... (and yes, it's built in.) I don't think it should be a standard feature.

-[Unknown]

blar

then only make user avatars only for the basic smilies.

i like the Gold Smiley Set 18x18 from Joseph Fung at YaBB Board Smiley Sets

Fizzy

So you mean you could have 20 messages in a thread topic, each member showing their own smilies ?
Wouldn't that cause the page to load up a zillion times slower if they are calling the smilies in from 20 different servers?
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A.E.

[Unknown]

Quote from: Fizzy on November 21, 2003, 03:43:11 AM
So you mean you could have 20 messages in a thread topic, each member showing their own smilies ?
Wouldn't that cause the page to load up a zillion times slower if they are calling the smilies in from 20 different servers?

No, we mean any given member can chose to have *ALL* the smileys show up, *for them,* as a certain set.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: