All forum admins should look: SMF 2.0 iPhone and iPod Touch Theme (NOW FREE!)

Started by farfromperfection, March 10, 2009, 11:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragooon

A few issues :
Hiding or showing child boards doesn't make a difference, it does show new boards with greyed name and time, but the name is parent's only as well as the URL.

No child boards on message index.

EDIT : For first issue
Open BoardIndex.template
Code (Find) Select
foreach ($board['children'] as $child)
{

echo '
<li class="child', !$board['new'] ? ' off' : '', '">
<a href="', $board['href'], '"', $i==count($category['boards']) ? ' class="last"' : '' ,'>', $board['name'],'
<div class="description">', $board['last_post']['time']=='N/A' ? $txt['no'] . ' ' . $txt['topics'] : $board['last_post']['time'] . ' ' . $txt['by'] . ' ' . $board['last_post']['member']['name'],
'</div></a>
</li>
';

}

Replace with
{

echo '
<li class="child', !$child['new'] ? ' off' : '', '">
<a href="', $child['href'], '"', $i==count($category['boards']) ? ' class="last"' : '' ,'>', $child['name'],'
<div class="description">', $child['last_post']['time']=='N/A' ? $txt['no'] . ' ' . $txt['topics'] : $child['last_post']['time'] . ' ' . $txt['by'] . ' ' . $child['last_post']['member']['name'],
'</div></a>
</li>
';

}

Antechinus

Great job. Thank you for your efforts. I'm sure this theme will be very popular.

farfromperfection

Quote from: Dragooon on March 19, 2009, 03:55:49 AM
A few issues :
Hiding or showing child boards doesn't make a difference, it does show new boards with greyed name and time, but the name is parent's only as well as the URL.

No child boards on message index.

EDIT : For first issue
Open BoardIndex.template
Code (Find) Select
{

echo '
<li class="child', !$board['new'] ? ' off' : '', '">
<a href="', $board['href'], '"', $i==count($category['boards']) ? ' class="last"' : '' ,'>', $board['name'],'
<div class="description">', $board['last_post']['time']=='N/A' ? $txt['no'] . ' ' . $txt['topics'] : $board['last_post']['time'] . ' ' . $txt['by'] . ' ' . $board['last_post']['member']['name'],
'</div></a>
</li>
';

}

Replace with
{

echo '
<li class="child', !$child['new'] ? ' off' : '', '">
<a href="', $child['href'], '"', $i==count($category['boards']) ? ' class="last"' : '' ,'>', $child['name'],'
<div class="description">', $child['last_post']['time']=='N/A' ? $txt['no'] . ' ' . $txt['topics'] : $child['last_post']['time'] . ' ' . $txt['by'] . ' ' . $child['last_post']['member']['name'],
'</div></a>
</li>
';

}

I just realized this! I just put it onto an SMF 1.x site of mine (with a few changes) and saw this. Can't believe I was so stupid  :-[

farfromperfection

another issue is I forgot to include the SMF copyright stuff! I had it hidden from the start since I wasn't sure what to do with it so I thought I'd leave it until the end. Then I completely forgot. The version for download now has the copyright stuff.

Jade Elizabeth

Hey you arent stupid, just learning!

And what you have is AWESOME! So be proud, don't put yourself down ;D.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

farfromperfection

Thanks!
To all who download, let me know of any issues you have! Thanks

KahneFan

Hmm, I just loaded this from your blog to a 2.0RC1 test site of mine that has 0 mods and I get...

Unable to load the 'main_above' template.
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: Jade on March 19, 2009, 08:57:49 AM
Hey you arent stupid, just learning!

And what you have is AWESOME! So be proud, don't put yourself down ;D.

+1 to that!

People cant be perfect in all the things. These AWSOME creations are quite unique and you rock in that!

farfromperfection

Quote from: KahneFan on March 19, 2009, 03:43:01 PM
Hmm, I just loaded this from your blog to a 2.0RC1 test site of mine that has 0 mods and I get...

Unable to load the 'main_above' template.
This is the same problem I mentioned before when I uploaded the zip directly in SMF. All the files are there but they're empty! I thought it was just my server.
You'll have to upload the files directly to your Themes dir
Hopefully somebody can tell me what I'm doing wrong so I can fix this asap!

KahneFan

Replace your theme_info file with this...

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<theme-info xmlns="http://www.simplemachines.org/xml/theme-info" xmlns:smf="http://www.simplemachines.org/">
<id>farfromperfection:smf4iphone05</id>
<version>2.0 RC1</version>
<name>smf4iphone05</name>
<author name="FarFromPerfection.com">[email protected]</author>
<website>http://www.farfromperfection.com/</website>
<layers>html,body</layers>
<templates>index</templates>
</theme-info>

Your names didn't match and they didn't match the file name. I made it so all three match and it loads just fine.

KahneFan

Should there not be a scroll bar? I'm testing on a full size screen and there doesn't appear to be a way to scroll?

http://ipostyoupost.com/SMFThemes/index.php?theme=34

farfromperfection

Quote from: KahneFan on March 19, 2009, 04:31:42 PM
Should there not be a scroll bar? I'm testing on a full size screen and there doesn't appear to be a way to scroll?

http://ipostyoupost.com/SMFThemes/index.php?theme=34
The theme isn't for full size screens ;)

KahneFan

I figured that, just wasn't sure if there's still a way to allow scrolling. FYI, it works on my blackberry with no issues that I've seen so far. My BB has a scroll ball and it scroll just fine. When my Wife gets home I'll test it on her Treo as well. I know it's for "iPhone", but it's always good to work on multiple mobile versions :D

1 Thought, if there's a site with a lot of boards, it could take a while to get to the menu buttons (home). If you were to shrink the menu bar to about hald the size, can you use "position: fixed; bottom: 0px;" to fix it to the bottom of the screen? Since the iPhone is touch screen, you would always have the ability to press home.

farfromperfection

Quote from: KahneFan on March 19, 2009, 04:46:05 PM
I figured that, just wasn't sure if there's still a way to allow scrolling. FYI, it works on my blackberry with no issues that I've seen so far. My BB has a scroll ball and it scroll just fine. When my Wife gets home I'll test it on her Treo as well. I know it's for "iPhone", but it's always good to work on multiple mobile versions :D

1 Thought, if there's a site with a lot of boards, it could take a while to get to the menu buttons (home). If you were to shrink the menu bar to about hald the size, can you use "position: fixed; bottom: 0px;" to fix it to the bottom of the screen? Since the iPhone is touch screen, you would always have the ability to press home.
Thats what the menu button at the top right is for. It scrolls to the bottom of the page.
Position: fixed doesn't work on iPhone,
I tried to get around it so that the menubar could be fixed to the bottom but there was no way to do it smoothly.
And the tab bar couldnt be made any smaller since iphones have a high ppi so its small enough already. Also its a standard iphone ui element.

Dragooon

One thing, you seem to be missing the page indexes from the message view, topic view, PM view pages :).

farfromperfection

I know they're missing from the PM. but theyre not missing from messageindex.template or display.template  ??? which do you mean

Dragooon

farfromperfection

okay I've just fixed that, and some other problems and released it as 0.6 link

To everybody who tries it out: let me know of any issues or feature requests. I want to get the final release out asap so that I can work on porting it to SMF 1.x  ;D

farfromperfection

However...I have the name and everything right in the theme_info.xml file but STILL all files are blank once SMF unzips them if I upload them in a zip!

Advertisement: