All forum admins should look: SMF 2.0 iPhone and iPod Touch Theme (NOW FREE!)

Started by farfromperfection, March 10, 2009, 11:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m771401

Quote from: Fabius85 on April 09, 2010, 05:48:38 PM
ok, i found the problem, there are table, tr and td tags, starting just before logo div and ending just before copyrights div. you have 2 options:
1) remove that tags
2) edit style.css and add "table tr td" before other tags in the stylesheet tag gerarchy

i suggest you to find a way to remove that table/tr/td tags which i think are not necessary in smf4iphone view of the forum.

With your help and Bloc's we were able to resolve the formatting issue.
Many thanks to the both of you.

The solution can be found here > http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=32327.0 [nofollow]

derby

I have installed but theme/mod i tested it but it not working...any help where the problem will  be coming from?
LATEST JOB VACANCIES

www.derbhotjobs.com

butchs

The cookies and cache are saved for 24 hours so you have to wait for them to expire or log in with another IP address.  Then you must log into your server with a UA that gets "is_mobile:true" at [nofollow]http://detectfree.moviladetection.com/[/nofollow] for the theme to switch.
O:)
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Fabius85

To everyone installing SMF4iPhone Theme and Mod, and having issues, please first follow this steps:

STEP  1
Did you get any errors while installing theme and/or mod?
If not go to next step. If you got errors, tell me what happened so i can help you.

STEP 2
Check if you configured correctly SMF4iPhone Mod settings (in Admin > Modification Settings > SMF4iPhone)
Check if theme's IDs you set are correct. If not, then set them correctly and click "Save".

STEP 3
You need to clear your forum cache, not only your browser cache, so:
First go to Admin > Forum Maintenance, and under "Empty the file cache" click on Run task now.
Then if you have an iPhone/iPodTouch -> into your iPhone/iPodTouch go to Preferences > Safari and tap on Clear history, Clear cookies, Clear cache. Go to next step.
If you're testing theme/mod using a desktop browser with a User Agent Faker -> Set your fake iPhone User Agent. Clear your browser cookies related to your forum and your browser cache. Go to next step.

STEP 4
Using Safari Mobile (or your desktop browser) try to open your forum index. Be sure that "?theme=#" parameter is NOT set at the end of the url you enter, so just "http://www.yoursite.com/forum/index.php".

If after doing this the theme still doesn't load automatically, report it here.

~DS~

Quote from: butchs on April 02, 2010, 11:25:54 AM
Dismal Shadow --> Please try running with database sessions enabled (if they are not) until we guess at what is happening and debug a solution.
Use database driven sessions? It's always have been enabled since...

BTW...I am unable to get it to work with the new Opera.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/opera-mini-web-browser/id363729560?mt=8
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

butchs

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on April 14, 2010, 03:48:55 AM
Use database driven sessions? It's always have been enabled since...

The sessions handling was fixed in the last release.  You non longer need DB sessions for this mod.

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on April 14, 2010, 03:48:55 AM
BTW...I am unable to get it to work with the new Opera.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/opera-mini-web-browser/id363729560?mt=8

To add a new UA string enter the string key in the phrase list via the admin panel.

I believe Opera Mini has the following UA string:
Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.16823/1126; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

So to make it switch on theme #1 "SMF4IPhone" you need to add "Opera Mini" to the theme #1 phrase in the admin panel "Adjust SMF4iPhone Settings" as follows:
iphone|ipod|android|mobile|Safari Mobile|Opera Mini
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Fabius85

Quote from: butchs on April 14, 2010, 07:44:24 AM
To add a new UA string enter the string key in the phrase list via the admin panel.

I believe Opera Mini has the following UA string:
Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.16823/1126; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

So to make it switch on theme #1 "SMF4IPhone" you need to add "Opera Mini" to the theme #1 phrase in the admin panel "Adjust SMF4iPhone Settings" as follows:
iphone|ipod|android|mobile|Safari Mobile|Opera Mini
just tried that, and it works :)
"Opera Mini" user agent will be added by default in the new mod release, when it will come out.

ps: after adding that user agent to the list, dont forget to clear your forum cache!

butchs

That is the beauty of this mod.  Someone else is detecting the device and all you need to do is adjust your UA in the admin section.  You do not need to download a new mod version for every new device since the admin can enter it themselves.  Instead you can put together a UA key list that can be typed in?
8)

~DS~

"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Fabius85

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on April 14, 2010, 01:07:11 PM
It works but it's...ugly.
this theme was designed for Safari Mobile. on the AppStore there are tons of browser apps, we cannot fit every browser display... it would be a never ending work...
however, i tried it and it is not so bad. obviously it doesnt look the same as in safari mobile.

butchs

togume

Just wanted to jump in here and say thanks! I've been tracking this for a while, and finally installed it today without a problem. Nice work!

It still does not look like this has been approved. What's the deal with them!?

p.s. Opera for iPhone is not so great. Many pages don't render well on it; latest reviews are not so favorable...

kaamaru

Quote from: togume on April 14, 2010, 07:15:14 PM
Just wanted to jump in here and say thanks! I've been tracking this for a while, and finally installed it today without a problem. Nice work!

It still does not look like this has been approved. What's the deal with them!?

p.s. Opera for iPhone is not so great. Many pages don't render well on it; latest reviews are not so favorable...

Yeah this theme on opera displays strange.

Fabius85

Finally the theme was approved!
HERE IT IS!

So from now on please use the following topic to talk about the SMF4iPhone Theme:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=376475

In SMF4iPhone Theme's page the SMF4iPhone Mod is available for download too, however the mod will have, when approved, it's own page on SMF Mod Site.
So, utill it is approved, we can still use this topic to talk about the SMF4iPhone Mod.

freerunnering

I installed the new mod and got this
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '*' in /home/h4ck3r/public_html/forum/index.php on line 133

i went into the file and the line was
} */ */

I deleted the second */ and now it's all fine but think it's a problem with the mod.

:D

freerunnering

The new mod works alot better now though thanks!

freerunnering

Thanks i saw them both but only noticed that one was newer after i posted!

kaamaru

Advertisement: