News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

New Theme

Started by gunner, March 07, 2005, 07:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunner

Hi all.

Would it be possible that someone could come up with a mozilla Firefox Theme?

I've tried modifying a couple of themes,but it just doesnt look right.

If someone out there has a kind enough heart,and is interested in coming up with a mozilla firefox theme,and specially with portuguese buttons,i would aprecciate it.

I think it would be a very popular theme...what do u all think?

Cumps
Gunner

Miraenda

I think it would be cool to have a theme with a Firefox emphasis and colors :)

I couldn't produce such a theme either, however, as I am graphically-impaired for creating stuff like that ;)

Trekkie101

hmm it would look cool, I remember a discussion a while back on trying to use XUL for it.

bloc

How should a Mozilla theme look like...I mean, adopt one of the skins for it, or make it  look like a (the) browser?

sameoldspud

You mean a theme just like the default Firefox theme?

Trekkie101

Quote from: Bloc on March 07, 2005, 01:00:05 PM
How should a Mozilla theme look like...I mean, adopt one of the skins for it, or make it look like a (the) browser?

Blue, Orange, Have a fox somewhere.

Miraenda

I would say it should have tabs rather than button graphics/links perhaps, have the firefox colors, the icons like arrows, refresh and stuff could be used for topic icons...not sure.  Just throwing out ideas here  :)

Oh, and it should be fast-loading and compliant like the browser, too for that matter (to stay with the essence of what Firefox stands for) ;)

bloc

I wonder....could the graphics from the standard Firefox theme/skin be used elsewhere? anyone knows..? Or is it purely for the browser?

Miraenda

I'm not certain, however, you could always contact Mozilla to see whether there is an issue in using their graphics for a forum theme.  I would think that having a template based off Firefox would be considered promoting it, and Mozilla would be happy to let you use graphics so long as they were credited?

The contact page would be at http://www.mozilla.org/contact/

Alternatively, there are the Firefox official forums at http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=forum/

gunner

Hi all,nice to see that we are getting a couple of ideias through..

I have currently a windows firefox visual theme,and it looks rather nice,if anyone is interested in it,by all means send us a private message,and maybe someone will take something out of it to create a firefoz theme.

Maybe the fox could be the background image,or even the buttons have a little orange fox on it...who knows...

Cumps
Gunner

Fizzy

A FF template ? ? ?

* Fizzy smacks his lips

Now that does sound like a good idea
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A.E.

bloc

I checked the firefox website, and it seem not to allow using the graphics. So it would have to be made without it - or writing back and getting permission.

Advertisement: