News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Ultimate Profile

Started by JovanT, March 12, 2009, 12:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cmely

Hi everybody,

I have a permission problem with UP : I would like to make it available to only specific groups in my forum.
So what I did was :
- In UP admin panel, I unchecked "Enable UP for all members"
- In membergroups permission, I unchecked also "Edit UP"

But this changed nothing, all members can still access and edit their UP.

Do you have any ideas on how I could solve that ?

Thanks in advance !

CerebralJam

VERY STRANGE... I looked at this thread, and it didn't seem to have any more replies after 2009.  I went away and ended up posting in the support area the following: 

Hi there, I wasn't sure where to post this, but am hoping someone out there can help me anyway.  I have looked in the mod section and the mod Ultimate Profile has not been updated in the support thread since 2009.  It has been working fine for me, until today, I noticed when I tried to access my own profile, there is a link in there for 4shared that appears to have been deleted by the 4shared website - along with my membership!  :D  I've been away/quiet for a long time.

Anyway, my problem is, when I click my profile I immediately get transferred to 4shared with a 'this file is no longer available for download' message.

How do I get into the profile, database file?  I've tried looking via mysql but the fields I require to edit are not on my profile list it throws up.  The only time I see ultimate profile is in the packages list and I don't know what to do here as it doesn't give specific members profile details.  Does anyone know where this stuff is stored?  Whatever and how disable this link?  It is not giving me a chance to do so - the redirect is so swift.  It wasn't doing this before.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

UPDATE:  I have actually managed to solve this problem and will leave the answer here should anyone else be unfortunate enough to run into it.

Go to Modification Settings>Ultimate Profile.  Then uncheck allow Media Box and save.  You should now be able to access your own profile!  Or the problematic one.  In Modify Profile, go to Ultimate Profile and leave this page open.  Then (if like me you have two tabs open) recheck the Media Box and save.  You should now be able to see the offending link and delete it.  Voila!  Easier than I thought and doesn't involve touching anything in database.

Thanks again, I will now delete my other post.  :)

Kindred

strange... because I never did that and I never had that offending link.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Cmely

With Ultimate Profile come the Portfolio in wich user's can add their pictures and organize them in album.

It is also possible to customize completely the design of the UP page. Does someone knows if it is possible (and how) to give to the portfolio the same design than the Ultimate Profile Page ?

hcfwesker

Quote from: Cmely on May 15, 2014, 04:53:25 AMDoes someone knows if it is possible (and how) to give to the portfolio the same design than the Ultimate Profile Page ?

I have a theory, and you can try it, just revert changes back if it doesn't work.  Since I haven't tested there may be other edits involved, but this is just from glancing at the package files ...

ProfilePictures.template.php

Find
function template_pictures_view()
{
global $context, $settings, $txt, $scripturl;

Add AFTER
// Output user's customization code.
if ($modSettings['profile_allow_customize'] == 1)
echo '
<!-- start of user\'s customization code -->
',
un_htmlspecialchars(@$context['member']['options']['css'])
, '
<!-- end of user\'s customization code -->

';
echo '
<div class="div1"></div>
';

Not entirely sure since I'm not sure what the exact page link you are referring to.

Arantor

That seems lovely and secure. Just ripe for an XSS vulnerability.

Cmely

@hcfwesker :

First of all, thank you very much for your help, you put me on the right tracks !

Here is a profile example and here is the corresponding portfolio
Here is another profile example and here is the corresponding portfolio

I have few comments though :
1. The code you provided have to be pasted at least  in template_pictures_view() and in template_album_show()
2. The test on 'profile_allow_customize' doesn't trigger on my forum. So I've disabled it. I may be wrong but I don't think it was really mandatory in so far as the Portfolio can be accessed only if the member have enable Ultimate Profile. It seems to me to be redundant here.

But, once again, thank you hcfwesker, this was really important to me :)

Biology Forums

The person who created this mod did not include a way to remove 'buddies' that have deleted their account.

SilverKnight

Hi guys, i am Ireheart (or Silverknight on here)

I have made a Git repository for Ultimate Profile here:

-- github link removed - see next post for reasons - Kindred --

Feel free to submit bug-fixes\patches\additions towards this, the end goal is to keep this mod up to date without having to navigate the 155 pages on here to find resolutions to your problems which have already been resolved.

So far punjabilokvirsa's solution has been applied, any fixes\"neutral" additions will be accredited towards the author.

Kindred

Silverknight...

The original author never released this mod under an open source license.
That means that the license defaults to the most restrictive, closed source one.

Which, in the end, means that you can not modify and/or distribute modified versions of this mod without express permission form the author.

Unless you have completely recoded the mod, you need to remove that from GitHub as it violates the github ToS.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MarkJ

I have this mod up and running - damn good it is too - but I have an issue with uploaded profile image sizes as they become huge compared to the original?  This seems odd to me, and if anything I would like it the other way around as in images are optimised on upload.  Just wondering if this can be corrected as it will just eat up server space as is.  Anyone know why this is happening?

ʜᴏᴍɪᴄɪᴅᴇ

how do i remove the text "online" i tied doing it in the UltimateProfile.template.php file but everytime i deleted the Online text the number "1" would replace where the original "online" text was

Kindred

Well, HOW did you "delete the online text"?
Слaва
Украинi

ʜᴏᴍɪᴄɪᴅᴇ

Quote from: Kindred on September 01, 2014, 08:31:01 PM
Well, HOW did you "delete the online text"?

deleted a node in the file

Kindred

WHAT?

Sorry, that is nonsensical...   WHAT did you delete?

(and you can not just randomly delete code...)
Слaва
Украинi

avisona30

Hey author of this mod please update this for smf 2.0.8

Thank you

br360

This works fine in 2.0.8. You don't even have to emulate.

avisona30

Hi I need support about this mod.

I install it my SMF 2.0.8 forum. but problem is after install it when I try to open Modification Settings under admin panel it's show a blank page. now tell me what to do. Other parts of forum working fine.

Kindred

First... "Now tell me what to do" is rather demanding.   

Second... When you installed the mod, were there any errors? Because what you describe is not normal behavior for a proper installation.

Other mods installed?
What theme?
Слaва
Украинi

margarett

Just to add something:
A blank page is a PHP error. So you should check in your server logs for it. That's the first step to debug the issue ;)

Quote from: Kindred on September 19, 2014, 06:43:52 AM
When you installed the mod, were there any errors?
^^ This. I confirm it installs perfectly clean in 2.0.8. So make sure you had no errors when installing it.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: