News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Ultimate Profile

Started by JovanT, March 12, 2009, 12:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GleamPlay.com

Hi, is it possible to change the style of Buddy List back to the old one?

New one:
http://i.imgur.com/O6aywlo.png

Thanks!!!
Gleam - http://gleamplay.com
The SMF to have fun, meet new friends and play games!

excalibur2015

Hi , forgive me if this is in the wrong place but I cannot find the info I was looking for and have added this here to see if you can help.

I have installed SMF 2.0.10 full install and wondered if the Ultimate Profile would work in the new update , The file installed with not  a problem but when I went to the profile page I got this message.

Unknown column 'com.time' in 'field list'
File: /home/innocent/public_html/Sources/Profile-View.php
Line: 246

Can anyone tell me the answers to the following questions.

1. Is Ultimate Profile compatible with 2.0.10
2. If so do I have to modify a file to get it to work with the system?.
3. if it is not compatible with 2.0.10 can anyone take up the task of getting it to work and if possible for the 2.1.0 which is going through tests at the moment .

I am a novice at this and my members have expressed an interest as have I to get this mod to work in the profile area.

Thanks

melanie1986

Hi Ex, we have the latest updates on our SMF2. and the UP works a treat. If no one else answers I'll see if I can get my boss man to post here for you.

Kindred

The error suggests that a) the install was not actually without problem and you ignored an error telling you that the install would not be compete or b) your mod did not actaully fully install... Especially the database part
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

if you had searched this mods support topic you would have found this at least a few times.

this is not related to the mod not installing cleanly or errors during the install. this error happens after the install has been completed. seems that a column is missing in the database and has to be added.

Quote from: Illori on December 08, 2013, 08:26:18 PM
Quote from: Illori on August 20, 2011, 12:34:56 PM
Quote from: SunKing on July 31, 2011, 05:51:48 PM
To quickly restate what has been posted several times and perhaps obscured, if you are getting the error:
Unknown column 'com.time' in 'field list'
File: /home/content/88/6470888/html/Sources/Profile-View.php
Line: 246

Here:

I am not going to explain to you the inner workings of phpMyAdmin nor how to log into anything through your host. If you have questions with these, try using Google or contacting your host.

Once you have phpMyAdmin open, and you have clicked on your database at the top of the left-hand column, you'll notice tabs at the top.

Structure    SQL    Search    Query    Export    Import    Operations

Select the SQL tab and type/paste the following line into that box:

ALTER TABLE smf_profile_comments ADD time INT NOT NULL AFTER date

Make sure to replace smf_ with your table prefix.

Now click Go and the query will be run. This should fix the problem.

excalibur2015

Thanks for your help in this matter . I had looked at this section but did not match the information at that time , my mistake and I apologise.

melanie1986 I appreciate your help and if there is any other information from your boss I would be grateful .

Kindred, I have noted your statement but I assure you I never install any mod or theme which is not compatible with the current one smf2 I have at this present time , also kindred I never install any mod that shows signs of having a problem with the installation after showing an error in the system . All mods I install  have been clean as far as I have been aware and nothing has shown up in the system as being a problem .

I do take your point that it may have been an error which did not show or that the installation was not as clean and full as I thought but why did the system not state there was a problem with the installation and incorrectly stated it had installed correctly . I ran a check on the system to see if there were any errors anywhere and it came back it was running perfectly . Only when I pressed the profile button did the error in the database line show.

Illori thank you for the information you posted and I will try and get that sorted once I have sorted the other problems which are not related to this one . That is on another part of this site and will be searching for the answer to this one.

Cruiser57

Hi...

I' like to get a little help for the Media-Box in Ultimate Profile... (field is stored in _themes DB).

I'd like to enter following code to play a video on my Ultimate Profile:
<video controls="controls" autoplay="autoplay"> 
<source src="../video.webm" type="video/webm" /> 
<source src="../video.ogv" type="video/ogg" /> 
<source src="../video.mp4" type="video/mp4"/>
</video>

When I enter this text and save it, the field is "empty" and nothing happens...

I've put this text directly to the SQL-Database, and after saving, I got my video in my Profile.

So, I believe, the might be a "Blocker" somewhere in the PHP-Code.  Has anyone a hint, how to get rid of this "Blocking Code" ?

(If I use "normal text", I can save it correctly in the Media-Box)

Thanks for any Help

Tom

Kindred

you do **NOT** want to "get rid" of that blocking code.   it is there for the security of your site.
Without it, someone could post a hack script and take control of your site  -- this is the same reason that HTML code will not work within a post either.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Cruiser57

Hi, and thanks for your reply...

from that point of vue, you're completely right.

Is there any "allowed" way, to have a Video in the Media-Box instead ?

Thanks, Tom

Kindred

get one of the youtube or other video BBC mods?maybe?
Слaва
Украинi

hispanomc

Hey guys i am having problems with my ultimate profile comments.

Look at the image.

For some reason the profile photos on the comments are HUGE... ¿How can i change the size of the profile picture while comenting?

Thanks in advance

Switz_d0d

Can anyone walk me through how to add the "Like Posts" modification to have the total likes earned to show on the ultimate profile area.  Perhaps under "Last Active".  It appears in the postbits, and is supposed to show up in the profile, however, when I installed ultimate it went away because i would assume it is not located anymore where it used to be.

Here is the like mod's parse for 2.10
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse

Kindred

Well, it "disappeared" because the ultimate profile mod uses a completely different template to display the profile... And was built before the likes mod, therefore it has no code to access the likes...

So, you would have to code it in fresh...
Слaва
Украинi

Switz_d0d

That is what I need help with lol.  What file should I edit for Ultimate Profile.  And what code should I use to add the the members "Total Likes"? 

There are other things I want to add the the Ultimate Profile user area like the country flags mod, mottos, forum rank, etc etc.  I just need to see how one is done.  I'll also do one for Dream Portal (if I keep DP, their site has been offline which contains all of their mods).  But I need to learn somewhere and it appears this mods developer remains pretty active to take questions. 

Thanks

Kindred

no idea what code you need to add... you would be best served to ask in the support topic for those other mods...

as for what file:

ultimateprofile.template.php :)
Слaва
Украинi

Switz_d0d

Alright thanks.  It adds the Total Likes to their post bits so I would assume that if I dig around what was added there it should roughly translate to ultimateprofile.template.php

Rene88

Hello

is there a dutch translation?
i cant find it.

Rene88

nvm i translate myself :)

but another quiestion. hope someone can help.
all new memebers get the ultimate profiel selection to edit but existing users dont have it.

Kindred

sounds like you need to check the permissions
Слaва
Украинi

Rene88

Thanks! that was the problem! fixt it :)

Advertisement: