Ultimate Profile

Started by JovanT, March 12, 2009, 12:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avisona30

Quote from: Kindred on September 19, 2014, 06:43:52 AM
First... "Now tell me what to do" is rather demanding.   

Second... When you installed the mod, were there any errors? Because what you describe is not normal behavior for a proper installation.

Other mods installed?
What theme?

I tried with SMF default curve them.

I have these mods install

1. last login 2.9

2. PM Attachments 1.6

3. Activity in Profile 1.1

4. FantasticSmileys 1.0

5. Auto Code Live
Links 1.0.1
Simple ImgBR
Upload Image in
CSS - upload by
URL

7. BxK's WAP Mod 1.6

8. Tinypic Plugin 1.0.0

9. Do not enter 1.1

10. Ultimate Profile 0.9.1

11. Users Online
Today 2.1

12. SMFPacks
Shoutbox 1.0.5

13. Addthis widget in
first post 2.0

14. YouTube BBCode 2.6

Show Joined,
Location,
Username In Topic
View

Add Facebook
Like, Tweet, and
Google +1

Akshtsaklani7

Well I really want this mod on my forum but I am facing 2 problems..

1. Avatar size of the person who comments appears huge (bigger than the page itself). You may see comment on my profile for example, screenshot attached.

2. The people who were my buddies before installing the mod do not appear in my buddy list. And I cannot send them a friend request as well (you are already buddies error).

Please Help

avisona30

Is there anybody here who can solve my problem. author of this mod busy I think 

avisona30

Hey it's irritating me lot. when I install this mod in SMF 2.0.8 Modification Settings under admin panel is not working means when I click that tab my forum shows blank page.

now I uninstalled this mod and found horrible think. when I click Modification Settings tab it's open and there I found Ultimate profile tab and I click on that saw some square box.

now tell me how to completely uninstalled this mod from my forum.

Kindred

avisona30,
Quote from: Kindred on September 19, 2014, 06:43:52 AM
When you installed the mod, were there any errors?

Also
this is not a real time support site. You posted a partial response, yesterday (and didn't answer the most important question that was asked (see above).   It is generally considered good form to wait a least 24 hours for a response (which you did not)

As for uninstall...   I believe that whatever you have done proves my point...  you probably DID have errors during the install (and ignored them) and then had further errors during the uninstall (and ignored them) which leaves your system is a very odd state of having a partially instaled/uninstalled mod sitting in the code.

If this is the case, then the only solution (other than a clean file load) is to manually remove the mod code

Akshtsaklani7,

I think there was a bug in the buddies system in this mod...   do a search of this topic for the fix
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

avisona30

Then tell me how to remove the code manually. and what means of fresh file install.

And sorry for not showing patients.

Kindred

go to the mod site.
select 2.0.8 fro the dropdown next to "manual install for" and click the button.

This will tell you all of the actions that were taken during the install process.
Do those in reverse.
(if it says add ---   then remove that code.  If it says replace... with...   then find the new code and replace it back with the old code)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Akshtsaklani7

Quote from: Akshtsaklani7 on September 20, 2014, 01:17:31 AM
Well I really want this mod on my forum but I am facing 2 problems..

1. Avatar size of the person who comments appears huge (bigger than the page itself). You may see comment on my profile for example, screenshot attached.

2. The people who were my buddies before installing the mod do not appear in my buddy list. And I cannot send them a friend request as well (you are already buddies error).

Please Help

Bump

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on September 20, 2014, 07:33:57 AM
Akshtsaklani7,

I think there was a bug in the buddies system in this mod...   do a search of this topic for the fix
Слaва
Украинi

Biology Forums

Anyone else find that the report function doesn't work?

queennikki1972

I have the buddy list in ultimate profile showing only in certain members of the default Registered Members Group.. all people are same member group but cannot see buddies.. except a few

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on September 20, 2014, 07:33:57 AM
Слaва
Украинi

Biology Forums

Report member fix:

In profile.php, replace:

// Find all of this forum's administrators.
$request = db_query("
SELECT ID_MEMBER, emailAddress, lngfile
FROM {$db_prefix}members
WHERE ID_GROUP = 1 OR FIND_IN_SET(1, additionalGroups)
AND notifyTypes != 4
ORDER BY lngfile", __FILE__, __LINE__);

With

$request = db_query("
SELECT ID_MEMBER, realName, emailAddress, lngfile
FROM {$db_prefix}members
WHERE (ID_GROUP = 1 OR FIND_IN_SET(1, additionalGroups))

Kindred

Hmmmm..., why?  I think it works as it is... (?)
Слaва
Украинi

Arantor

Fairly sure notifyTypes != 4 is that way for a reason.

Kindred

and why put realname in the query... I don't think it is needed.
Слaва
Украинi

Biology Forums

realname isn't needed, accident.

with notifytypes in it, the query doesn't work, I don't know why...

Arantor

Define 'doesn't work'.

I could imagine a precedence issue where the AND gets processed before the OR where () should be used.

As in:

// Find all of this forum's administrators.
$request = db_query("
SELECT ID_MEMBER, emailAddress, lngfile
FROM {$db_prefix}members
WHERE (ID_GROUP = 1 OR FIND_IN_SET(1, additionalGroups))
AND notifyTypes != 4

Biology Forums

Doesn't work as in, it doesn't send an email nor does it print anything when I print_r the query.

I tried yours, and it also didn't send. What does AND notifyTypes != 4 do exactly?

Quote from: Kindred on October 23, 2014, 10:37:08 PM
Hmmmm..., why?  I think it works as it is... (?)

No, it doesn't for me and on a fresh install...

Arantor

Notify types corresponds to the notification types in your profile settings. As in, 4 is 'for topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me of: NOTHING AT ALL'.

Which means you sort of need to exclude type 4 for those who don't want notification. I suggest you check your profile settings to see if you have opted out of such.

Advertisement: