News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Ultimate Profile

Started by JovanT, March 12, 2009, 12:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biology Forums

I do have it on nothing at all... Interesting. Problem is, I don't want to change it to any of the other three options (I'm on my forum everyday anyway), so it would be best to remove it completely, right?

Arantor

Um, what?

The whole point is that you're sending notifications to people... if they want them. So leave it how it is because it was working how it was supposed to work.

Biology Forums

This notification is a report that's sent to admins only. I'm the only prominent admin.

Arantor

Then I don't understand what the problem is. You don't want it on any of the other options, you're on the forum every day... so what exactly is the problem with leaving it alone?

Biology Forums

I don't know why it's not sending...

The query specifies, you must be an admin And you're not on option 4.
I'm an admin and I am on option 4.

Therefore, in order for the script to work, I need to be on option 1, 2, or 3, but not 4.

Hence, it's better to remove that condition.

Is this the correct logic?

Kindred

well... it might be -- in your case alone.

In most cases - by the standard logic, if the admin has said "don't send me notifications" then the exclusion for case=4 is absolutely correct.
So, your "fix" breaks the standard logic because you have decided to bypass the logic.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

No, it's not the correct logic at all.

The condition says: you must be an admin and have told SMF you want to receive notifications. You have told it you do not - therefore you won't receive any.

It is working to the correct design of SMF.

But since this is for reports and you're already active every day, why do you need them by email? You already turned off all other such notifications.

Apllicmz

good Work
when Update dont forget portuguese file
Here and attach

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese_pt-utf8.php" error="skip">
        <operation>
            <search position="end" />
            <add><![CDATA[
$txt['ultimate_profile'] = '&Uacute;ltimo perfil';
$txt['permissionname_edit_ultimate_profile'] = 'Editar &uacute;ltimo perfil';
$txt['permissionname_simple_edit_ultimate_profile_own'] = 'Editar seu &uacute;ltimo perfil';
$txt['permissionname_simple_edit_ultimate_profile_any'] = 'Editar  &uacute;ltimo perfil de outras pessoas';
$txt['permissionname_edit_ultimate_profile_own'] = 'Pr&oacute;prio perfil';
$txt['permissionname_edit_ultimate_profile_any'] = 'Qualquer perfil';
$txt['permissionhelp_edit_ultimate_profile'] = 'Esta permiss&atilde;o permite ao utilizador editar o &uacute;ltimo perfil.';
$txt['cannot_edit_ultimate_profile_own'] = 'Você n&atilde;o tem permiss&atilde;o para editar o seu pr&oacute;prio &uacute;ltimo  perfil.';
$txt['cannot_edit_ultimate_profile_any'] = 'Você n&atilde;o tem permiss&atilde;o para editar qualquer &uacute;ltimo perfil.';

]]></add>
        </operation>
    </file>

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese_pt.php" error="skip">
        <operation>
            <search position="end" />
            <add><![CDATA[
$txt['ultimate_profile'] = '&Uacute;ltimo perfil';
$txt['permissionname_edit_ultimate_profile'] = 'Editar &uacute;ltimo perfil';
$txt['permissionname_simple_edit_ultimate_profile_own'] = 'Editar seu &uacute;ltimo perfil';
$txt['permissionname_simple_edit_ultimate_profile_any'] = 'Editar  &uacute;ltimo perfil de outras pessoas';
$txt['permissionname_edit_ultimate_profile_own'] = 'Pr&oacute;prio perfil';
$txt['permissionname_edit_ultimate_profile_any'] = 'Qualquer perfil';
$txt['permissionhelp_edit_ultimate_profile'] = 'Esta permiss&atilde;o permite ao utilizador editar o &uacute;ltimo perfil.';
$txt['cannot_edit_ultimate_profile_own'] = 'Você n&atilde;o tem permiss&atilde;o para editar o seu pr&oacute;prio &uacute;ltimo  perfil.';
$txt['cannot_edit_ultimate_profile_any'] = 'Você n&atilde;o tem permiss&atilde;o para editar qualquer &uacute;ltimo perfil.';

]]></add>
        </operation>
    </file>

420Connect.co.uk

Could someone tell me what to edit out to remove this:

(problem number 5 in attached picture)

Thank you! :D
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

Kindred

well, WHERE is "problem #5" actually DISPLAYED?

You include screen shot cuts without actually indicating what screen the shot is from.
A URL showing the issue in addition to a screen shot is often useful as well.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

420Connect.co.uk

Thank you for the reply as always Kindred,

The problem I'm referring to is found on a members profile..

I'd like to remove the text version of "Online" as the image replaces it's need..

testing account:

www.420connect.info
u: smftest
pw: smftest

I've attached my UltPro.template & profile.template should these be of any use for someone who knows what to look for! :)

Thanks again, and help received if much appreciated!
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

420Connect.co.uk

Just to update I've solved that now ^^ with the help of TrayBake :) (Y)

Another small thing I'd like to add...

On the page where a member edits their ultimate profile..

easy fix:
The description of the "My Media" box

- Could anyone tell me where I'd be able to add to the description people see?

better fix:
or alternatively would it be possible to enable the "my media" box to allow the new format of youtube video embedding..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qpgTC9MDx1o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rather than

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/uJRhKMDt6Lk?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/uJRhKMDt6Lk?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" /></object>

As always, thank you in advance for any help you can provide! :)

hcfwesker

Quote from: 420connect.info on November 19, 2014, 03:19:54 PM
easy fix:
The description of the "My Media" box

- Could anyone tell me where I'd be able to add to the description people see?

Themes/default/languages/UltimateProfile.english.php

$txt['profile_media_desc'] = 'You can paste codes for your favorite videos, music... here. Also, HTML and CSS are supported.';

420Connect.co.uk

Thank you hcfwesker! :)

Also, can anyone help getting the referral system to integrate with the ultimate profile mod?
(wasn't sure if this would be best posted here or the referral mod's topic...
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=226191.1180)

Thank you

AumoeLooure

I keep getting this error after installing Ultimate Profile:

"Unknown column 'com.time' in 'field list'

So I tried to uninstall it, and even though it no longer lists it as there even in the FTP, it still lists the Ultimate Profile control panel in Mod settings.

Please help! I can't for the life of me get the profiles back!

Kindred

how did you uninstall it?

Did you just delete it?  That does not uninstall a mod....
Слaва
Украинi

420Connect.co.uk

Can someone help me allow BBC in about me / interests / my media boxes.
and display the buttons for them above the boxes where you enter your text.

Thank you

420Connect.co.uk

Quote from: 420connect.info on February 06, 2015, 12:13:04 PM
Can someone help me allow BBC in about me / interests / my media boxes.
and display the buttons for them above the boxes where you enter your text.

Thank you

update: manage to enable bbc in the boxes,
struggling to add the bbc above them and for it to work with the box.

420Connect.co.uk

:P I can't stop playing with ultimate profile! :P

This time I'm wondering if it would be easy enough to combine the pages where you edit your my media/interests etc. info with the default smf 'index.php?action=profile;area=forumprofile' page?

so all their profile information would be entered on one page, instead of having the extra 'index.php?action=profile;area=customized' page.

Many thanks in advance!

Kindred

actually, no... not that easy.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: