News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Porting a theme from phpBB

Started by Trekkie101, March 07, 2005, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trekkie101

Ive ow'ed a friend a favor for a while now and when I showed him SMF and told him he could keep he messages and members he was dieing to move but one thing held him back, the theme, his site couldnt live without the comicBook theme, I showed him chat bubbles and showed his members but they all still wanted the same comicBook theme.

Ive moved half the graphics over so far and got half them working, im currently working on the CSS, and then im going to work on the look, theres a few things that will need moved around a bit but it should look great and only a little different when finished.

Ill post some screen shots soon.

Note: Original theme was created by Spectre at http://www.gamerhaven.com/
Note2: I have also got permission to port it.
Note3: I promise it will look better than my previous themes.

Graphics 45%
CSS 98%
Layout 15%
Completion 53%

Oldiesmann

Too bad we can't release SMF's Comic theme... It's much better than that phpBB theme :)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Trekkie101

Quote from: Oldiesmann on March 07, 2005, 08:32:50 PM
Too bad we can't release SMF's Comic theme... It's much better than that phpBB theme :)

Yeah it looks cool.

Jerry

the comic theme is alright, but I don't like the way it displays posts that much..

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

_complex

Quote from: Jerry on March 08, 2005, 02:32:55 AM
the comic theme is alright, but I don't like the way it displays posts that much..

Yeah me neither, but it is pretty nice.......

Advertisement: