Dynamic Memberlist 3.0

Started by Antechinus, March 19, 2009, 11:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheListener

Quote from: archvillainxx on April 06, 2012, 02:53:33 PM
Hey, this modification isn't working with SMF version 2.0.2. Its a fresh installation of the forum with an edited version of the default theme.
These are the errors I get.

Installations actions for "Dynamic_Memberlist"
1.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Memberlist.php   Test failed
   1.   Replace   ./Sources/Memberlist.php   Test successful
   2.   Replace   ./Sources/Memberlist.php   Test failed

Install in Other Themes
   Execute Modification   ./Themes/core/css/rtl.css   Test failed
   1.   Add After   ./Themes/core/css/rtl.css   Test failed

This mod is one of the best there is.

Unless you intend to use the Core theme then I would ignore these.

Have a look at the parser which you can find at the location where you downloaded the mod.

The file edits can be found there.

Antechinus

I'll take a look at it on a vanilla 2.0.2, just in case. Been a while since I checked it, but it should still work. The failed edits are most likely due to some other mod that affects the memberlist.

TheListener

electricwildflower

Fantastic mod i have this working on my test forum which is 2.0.5 but a slight problem below.

I am using the blackstorm theme and the look of the memberlist doesn't look right i have included a photo below to show you what i mean. Do i have to visit /Themes/Blackstorm/css and edit the index.css file to change the style if so what part would i edited unless i need to edit something else.

Cheers.

electricwildflower

It's ok i figured it out just needed to modify some of the images in the blackstorm/images folder :)

electricwildflower

I have come across one more problem everything works well on smf 2.0.5 but the only problem is when i click on Last Active i am greeted with.

An Error Has Occurred!
"The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: sort"

i am unsure what this means or how to solve it any help would be great Thanks :)

Antechinus

I suppose I should re-code it to not use images for the backgrounds. They're not really needed these days (unless you want rounded corners in old versions of IE).

I'll take a look at the sorting thing, but am rather busy at the moment so probably wont update the mod for a while.

Yaya K 47

QuoteI have come across one more problem everything works well on smf 2.0.5 but the only problem is when i click on Last Active i am greeted with.

An Error Has Occurred!
"The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: sort"

i am unsure what this means or how to solve it any help would be great Thanks

Same problem, somebody can help with that issue ?

Antechinus

Ok, have updated the zip on the download page, to fix the error with the "Last Active" sorting option. This is a temporary fix just to get rid of the error.

The new zip installs and works with 2.0.7. Nobody is running anything earlier than 2.0.7, right? :D

I'm currently revamping all the CSS (including some more responsive stuff) and getting rid of the images too (will use CSS3 instead). Will upload the improved version once it's sorted.

Antechinus

Been playing with this a bit. Have it basically running, with use of CSS3 (ie: no images) and with improved markup. Has basic responsiveness for phone-sized screens, and letter sorting links are a more appropriate size for fingers, without looking stupid on desktop. Still needs some work (RTL support, default colours, some detailing, etc) but shouldn't take that long to finish.

Antechinus

Ok, finally got around to doing an update, which is more of a complete rewrite. Not sure if it will be submitted as a complete new mod that will deprecate this one, or just be done as a new version of the same mod. Depends what the infamous Purple Peeps think.

Anyway, the new version will also handle the who's online list, and the buddies and ignore lists, as well as the usual member list. Has RTL support, no custom images required (all CSS), buttons sized to be usable on touchscreen, auto resizing of avatars, and compatibility with Dougiefresh's Quick Buddies mod.

I won't go overboard on responsive since the whole thing is basically responsive anyway, and the 2.0.x default theme isn't. People can add customised responsive tweaks if they want them.

It's basically sorted already. Just needs a bit more cleaning up here and there, to simplify the CSS slightly, and then the install/uninstall XML written and tested.

Jade Elizabeth

Well SMF is getting a re-write and is still called SMF...this IS a dynamic memberlist still just a really awesome update! So I would still have it as a new version of this :D.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Antechinus

Hokay Jadeykinz, I now haz one zippy ready for borking your test site.

:D *does happy dance* :D

I have tested it pretty well already, but have a go and see if I've missed anything.

Jade Elizabeth

I have empty find and replaces on the themes CSS files lol
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Antechinus

Well you must have played around with your CSS. :D

Jade Elizabeth

Nah it was a bloody big blonde moment where I forgot to clear my cache! :-[ Oops! ha ha

Antechinus

Ok, latest version is on the mod site now. Made a couple of tweaks based on grumbling from Jade. Expect she will still find something to grumble about. :D

Jade Elizabeth

Woohoo! Changes and a challenge >:D

lurkalot

Quote from: Antechinus on August 30, 2015, 07:10:42 PM
Ok, latest version is on the mod site now. Made a couple of tweaks based on grumbling from Jade. Expect she will still find something to grumble about. :D

Great mod, just tried it out.  Looks fantastic on the default theme, but not so good on dark themes, that would be my only grumble if I was into grumbling. :)

Edit: That said, it looks great in your dark theme in the image above.  So perhaps it's just my setup, apologies if it is.

Antechinus

That's because when I coded it up originally I was using all the dark theme's CSS, so that's what you see in the early screenshots. Obviously I can't code the actual mod to tell if(context['theme']['is_el_darko']) {make CSS all different} so for the mod istself everyone just gets the basic colours that suit the 2.0.x default theme.

Yes, these would look like total rubbish on dark themes, and probably on most light themes too. Given there are so many of both around, I don't really want to get into providing the best palettes for all of them. :)

I suppose I could whip up a couple of alternatives for my old dark Curve variants, just to give people ideas.

Advertisement: