News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SOLVED

Started by Katiuska, March 03, 2010, 03:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katiuska

I used to receive them until I decided to delete my acct. from the forum.  The acct. does not get deleted inmediately so I think a day or two later I was able to cancel that.
Now I do not receive email notifications to the threads I reply to or when I get PMs.  The owner of the forum just told me that she has all the emails sent to me in her spam folder.  I know she is a very busy mom so I wanted to come here and get advice on what she can do so I can give it to her.

Also, when I use another email it does work.  It just happens with my att email.

TIA

Chas Large

Hi Tia,

When an account is deleted the system cannot send e-mails to the address in that account unless the admin refuses to accept the deletion but that depends on the forum setting on account deletions.

If the Admin has e-mails to you in her spam account it sounds like they are being rejected by your e-mail host or the address was incorrect.

Has your deleted account be reset so it can be used now?
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Katiuska

I have no idea but I will send her this link  ;)

Katiuska

If she needs to reset it, how does she go about doing that?

Chas Large

As I mentioned above, it depends on how account deletion is set in your forum. If she has it set that Admins need to approve account deletion and she has not yet approved it, she can reject it and the account will be restored. If not, then the account will have to be recreated by a new registration. Then old posts can be reallocated (providing that they too have not been deleted).

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Katiuska

Thank you very much.  I sent her the link and hopefully she can make it better lol

Chas Large

OK, please let us know if this issue gets resolved by marking this topic as solved. :)

Katiuska

I will as soon as she fixes it.  She still trying to figure out where to find my deletion request.

Katiuska

Thank you.  I just decided to create a new email and that's it. Thanks

Chas Large

I'll mark the topic solved then, thanks for letting us know. :)

Advertisement: