News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Boards in Categories

Started by Diego Andrés, March 23, 2009, 02:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diego Andrés

Link to Mod

Boards in Cats

Version: 1.5 Date 2012-05-11
Compatibility: 2.0.2

NOTE: This theme will only install on themes that use the DEFAULT Boardindex.template.php. Maual edits will be needed on themes with custom Boardindex.template.php files.

Features
Allows you to divide your categories into boards.

Configuration
In ADMIN --> MODIFICATIONS

Size Tips:(because of margins around the boxes)
99% = 1 board | 49% = 2 boards | 32% = 3 boards | 24% = 4 boards | 19% = 5 boards
Note: Number + % = fluid width. Number (without %) = fixed width.

Height Tip: The height setting controls the overall height of your name/description/child board area. You should make this as large as your largest board so that all your boards are uniform in height.
Note: use a whole number only. No % sign needed.

Support
For support visit the Official SMF Support Thread or the I Post You Post site.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

SilverKnight

Needs a 1.1x version, and should really be optional.

KahneFan

Quote from: SilverKnight on March 25, 2009, 10:20:21 PM
Needs a 1.1x version,

I don't plan on working backwards.

Quote from: SilverKnight on March 25, 2009, 10:20:21 PM
...and should really be optional.

??

Is "optional" a comment on a feature you would like to see within the mod, or do you mean this should be a standard SMF feature?
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

SilverKnight

What i mean is,  some forums should show it in that format, and some forums can be normal, i mean this is a great feature, but i have boards that look better with it, and some without it.

KahneFan

I'm not sure how I could do this on a per board basis. So you're saying you would want a home page like:

Cat 1
- Board 1
- Board 2
- Board 3

Cat 2
- Board 1 - Board 2 - Board 3

Cat 3
- Board 1
- Board 2
- Board 3

SilverKnight

Quote from: KahneFan on June 05, 2009, 12:53:42 PM
I'm not sure how I could do this on a per board basis. So you're saying you would want a home page like:

Cat 1
- Board 1
- Board 2
- Board 3

Cat 2
- Board 1 - Board 2 - Board 3

Cat 3
- Board 1
- Board 2
- Board 3

Yeah, something like that, so it's optional on each Catagory.

SilverKnight

To add on what im suggesting, ill propose what im in need of.

What im looking for is to be able to have the standard SMF layout, but for Game Server forums, have them how yours is styled, maybe alittle smaller than how yours is, but you get the picture. Because of how neat it is, and i have many game server forums, so it would make it look tidier.

So yeah, how you put it would be nice.

Standard SMF, and being able to use your style too, but in set catagories.

KahneFan

Unfortunately I would not have time at the moment. However, per my "Want My Mod?" thread, if anyone would like to take this over, just let me know. Please see the restrictions listed in the WMM thread as to what I ask in order to take a mod over.

[Core]

!RFAN

ukhalik2

very nice mod.
can you make it compatible for smf 2.0 rc3 ?

Liam.

I took this mod over from KahneFan, and I do plan to update this to work with 2.0 RC2/3 as soon as possible, no release date yet though.

ukhalik2

Quote from: Liam. on May 30, 2010, 12:51:39 PM
I took this mod over from KahneFan, and I do plan to update this to work with 2.0 RC2/3 as soon as possible, no release date yet though.
Wow,
Glad to hear that, good luck.

pointalk

Please Compatibility: smf1.1.11

Joe_

Hey, I would love to use this mod for my forums, but my current forum version is 2.0 final, could the creator of this mod or someone else please update this mod for my current forum version? thanks.

Matthew K.

Hey there!

First of all, I am no longer supporting any modifications of mine that I have offered up for grabs to get new developers. On the same note, anyone who attempts to re-distribute an update of this modification without written permission from me will be breaking copyright laws.

Best Regards,
Labradoodle-360

Joe_

Well if someone offered to update it, would you be willing to give them permission to?

Matthew K.

No, which is why I posted what I did right above.

If somebody wants to take it over, they need to contact me via PM and I will discuss handing it over, and the terms.

KahneFan

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on September 12, 2011, 03:08:11 PM
No, which is why I posted what I did right above.

If somebody wants to take it over, they need to contact me via PM and I will discuss handing it over, and the terms.

Quote from: KahneFan on June 23, 2009, 09:48:07 AM
I've had several things come up in my real life which have taken me away from my web life. I'm opening ALL of my mods up to anyone who would like to take any of them over. HOWEVER, if any are taken over, I ask that an original credit to me be left somewhere in the description, and I ask that NONE of the mods will become paid for. I built the mods as free mods and I ask that they stay that way. As for credit, a simple "Originally created by KahneFan @ ipostyoupost.com" is all I ask, then you can credit yourself the rest of the way.

Mod List:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=profile;u=130133

Edit: Also, if you are taking over a mod, please only take it over if you are going to do/fix something on it. Don't take it over if you're simply going to put your name on it and then let it sit as is... I can do that :P

Will you be charging someone to take over this mod I provided for free?

Matthew K.

Advertisement: