News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Boards in Categories

Started by Diego Andrés, March 23, 2009, 02:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diego Andrés

Quote from: elf_fu on April 26, 2014, 04:31:49 PM
Quote from: Diego Andrés on April 12, 2014, 11:43:51 PM
I'll give it a check tomorrow and I'll try to help you to install the mod fine

Thank you! I really appreciate that! Take your time :) I know you're busy.

I'm sorry I had a very busy weeks and I forgot this. Can I help you in editing the file anyway? Or do I came too late?  :P

Regards.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

elf_fu

Quote from: Diego Andrés on April 12, 2014, 11:43:51 PM

I'm sorry I had a very busy weeks and I forgot this. Can I help you in editing the file anyway? Or do I came too late?
Regards.

I would still love all the help I can get (and need lol) with editing my file to make this work, yes, please!

GR

Diego Andrés

Rk2910

Hi DA,
I appreciate you picking up this mod - I like the way it looks and works.
I am using the overviewlight_20a theme and the columns in it look really nice IMO.
The problem I'm having is I'm not sure if the theme I'm using is "dynamic" (not sure I am using the right term to describe auto scaling for each viewer's screen resolution)
When I check the site on a different machine with different rez the categories no longer line up and look rather shocking.
Does this mod auto-scale?
I can PM you the url to take a peek if you like.

Diego Andrés

It is not responsive/auto-scalable.
And I think that not worth the time to update it at this moment, but probably for SMF 2.1 the mod gets updated and obviously redesigned

Rk2910

After a little digging the OverviewLight is not responsive either - it's set at 990px Wide.  Not sure if a theme has a vertical setting. So I wonder why, depending on the rez of the PC I'm looking at the site on, the columns are either the way I set them or out of whack?  When I say out of whack, it seems the size (i.e. 247) has visually changed and the cats are not the same size anymore. Any ideas?   The rez on one of my PC is 1600x900 and the other is 1900x1080.

UPDATE: Well a little more digging is that it is not a rez thing but a browser thing.  I sized the columns using FireFox/Mozilla and the out-of-whackness is when I view the site with IE.

Arantor

Because like all DzinerStudio themes it's set to a fixed width by default. That's generally how they design them.

Rk2910

elf_fu

Thank you so much for trying to help me! I don't want to seem rude or ungrateful, but I've changed my mind about boards in cats and am attempting another look/mod. So very sorry, and good luck with this mod! It's really neat!

GR

Rk2910

Is there any code I can add that will help IE display the theme correctly?

Rk2910

So I have weird update - even though I really like this mod, I uninstalled this theme and my forum still has the columns like I had them set previously.  Any idea what file I need to poke around in to remove the code? (Waiting for the next update)

Advertisement: