fully customize which parts of the admin cp can be accessed by certain members

Started by olger901, November 21, 2003, 04:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

olger901

Hello, I don't know if it's already possible but I would love to see such a feature as I described before, to be able to choose which parts of the Admin Area, a certain group can access
for example

When I make a smilies editor I want that group to be only able to access the admin area and be able to only see the smilies option

another example

When I make a board manager, this user must only be able to edit board, add board or remove boards etc.

Meaning, being able to control which options of the admin panel can and can't be accessed by a certain membergroup

[Unknown]

Well, there are more general permission groupings for administrative permissions.... but not quite that distinct, currently.

-[Unknown]

olger901

Ok nice to know :)
What about this way then, dividing the admin control panel certain control panel groups and then letting the administrator choose which groups of the admin control panel can be accessed by a certain member group for example

A Group named Forum Administration (where you can edit, delete, create forums)
A group named User Administration (where you can create, delete, edit, promote users)
A group named Style Administration (where you can create, delete edit skins, smilies etc)
A group named General Administration (for General board preferences etc)
A group named Log Administration (where you can view edit and empty the logs)
A group named Extra Administration (where you can administrate misc stuff, the news for example)

and then making a Menu where you can select which parts can and can't be accessed by a certain member group

I also would like to see such a panel where you can choose what certain member groups can and can't moderate on a forum, for example they can lock threads in a certain forum, and make them sticky but they can,t delete any threads

[Unknown]

The permissions system is more powerful than that... you get to make your own groups and give them your own permissions... but yeah, it's sorta like that.

And yes, the permissions go that far - sticky, lock own, delete replies to your own topics, etc.

-[Unknown]

olger901

woot! I am certainly gonna try your Forum when it comes out, and if I like it I will definately buy it :), when this board comes out I bet it will beat the sh*t out of vBulletin, phpBB and Invisionboard :)

Ben_S

Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

olger901

Advertisement: