News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

WoW - World of Warcraft Tooltips

Started by Garou, March 28, 2009, 04:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stfox100

Here's the actual problem many will encounter with their hosts:
Quotefsock = open - won't work due to PHP suexec and main PHP restrictions. You cannot access other files / urls outside user directory /home/user/public_html
You will have to ask them if they will around the problem for you.
And I do not believe any host would not have some version of mod_security, be it an old version or new.

Carya

Quote from: stfox100 on June 04, 2009, 10:31:44 PM
Here's the actual problem many will encounter with their hosts:
Quotefsock = open - won't work due to PHP suexec and main PHP restrictions. You cannot access other files / urls outside user directory /home/user/public_html
You will have to ask them if they will around the problem for you.
And I do not believe any host would not have some version of mod_security, be it an old version or new.

Fox --

This having been said, what other forms of security can be imposed on php that are equivalent (I've put up my ini and build info) that I could ask the hosting provider about the server info.

Again, I've got root access and can pretty much do anything I want/need to the server. I would just prefer to run the "vanilla install" for the box because I'm not a sysadmin, I'm a developer who knows just enough admin stuff to get done what I eventually need to get done :-)

Garou --

Thanks for various suggestions. I will do research/learning on the magic_quotes_gpc and variables_order just so I know more about what I'm doing and make the changes you suggest :) (While I still stand by what I said above, I also try to be a more learned developer, or sysop friendly one hehe), and then for the three below -- how high do you suggest I go with those. I -was- surprised on max_execution_time -- that seemed pretty low. I've done a number of commercial portal builds in the past and have seen rather large numbers for things like this to keep timeouts and errors from occurring.

Since this is my only experience with SMF, what sorts of numbers are more typical for 'moderately' robust sites?

Thanks again all.

Garou

I rarely suggest vanilla installs. For the most part they will work but all to often they are too restrictive or worse yet not restrictive enough opening you to a broad range of attacks.

memory_limit is the important on and it really depends on traffic on your server and you available memory. Id say between 100 and 500 is safe. Much more then that and your site can get bogged down when multiple apps are running and you have low memory. Less can really slow a site down as its having to pass too much info back and forth.

With all the high speed internet available now these times can safely be a little low somewhere between 90 and 120. If something doesn't pass in that amount of time there really is something wrong with it. Sites that deal primarily with dial up users may want to set it a lot higher in the 300-500 range.

stfox100

Try changing:
allow_call_time_pass_reference to on in your php.ini
I've looked at your php html, and although a bit basic, but easier config, it looks ok. Unless I missed something in the miles of config lines...LOL.
If that doesn't work, I may have to study a little more on that file.

Axodious

Found a "bug" of sorts, when you do [wow]ItemID[/wow] it links the item fine with color and everything however the name is the number you linked instead of the actual item name. An example of a problem where you need to use ItemID is the following 2 items with the same name http://www.wowhead.com/?item=46038 http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44434 .

Would there be a way to convert the ItemID to the actual item name?
"You make my heart pound; my mouth water. Yeah, there's nothing like a chili dog." Sonic the Hedgehog

Garou

You can enter the number ie  [wow]46038[/wow] but it will display the number not the text. The color will still match the items quality and tool tip to the proper item.

DarkCloud14's WoW Itemstats works like that so I suppose its possible. Ill keep it in mind for a future update. I never really intended to compete with his mod I just needed something that would work in 2.0 and this was easy to port over from Horis' phpBB mod and it doesn't take up space in the DB like item stats does.

None the less I give credit for this issue to Blizzard though, they shouldn never give a quest item and a real item the same name.

Ferrin

Nice mod!

But have a suggestion for improvement. The script "power.js" should inside the local folder "wow".

Prevents a slowdown in the loading of the Forum. If the page "wowhead" for example is not fully accessible or similar.

My English is not the best. German is more my language.

Pascoa

Hi garou,

First, grats for your mod.

But, im having the same problem as Carya...

- Im running 2.0 RC1-1
- The mod works FINE at default theme (both link and [wow] tag)

But at the other theme (popularFX), its not working properly.

The link goes fine and the tooltip appear,s but the [wow] tag is returning:

blahblahblah/forum/index.php/wow/wowhead_wrapper.php?item=Lightbringer%20Faceguard

I also made the chances at index.template.php and Modifications.english.php. But it´s still broken...

Any help?

Garou

Make sure the header in the index.template.phpis set up correctly,

By default that particular theme should look like...
// ]]></script>';

echo '
</head>

and change to...
// ]]></script>

<script src="http://www.wowhead.com/widgets/power.js"></script>
<script src="wow/jquery-1.3.2.min.js"></script>
<script src="wow/wowhead_linker.js"></script> ';

echo '
</head>

That should fix you up.

Just tested and it works on my test server.

Pascoa

the '; at the end just the theme down... i had to remove it to make it work again.

But i dont know why, after i removed it, the tag just started to work fine!

Thanks for your help. Really  :D :D :D

bluelime

I get XML-code right up my face if I click on a link with [wow]-tags around it. Also the item doesn't get colorized even though both libcurl and fopen ist useable.
Is there someway around that?

Example:

<wowhead>

<item id="45142">
<name>Remorse</name>
<level>232</level>
<quality id="4">Epic</quality>
<class id="2">Weapons</class>
<subclass id="7">One-Handed Swords</subclass>
<icon displayId="58939">INV_Sword_135</icon>
<inventorySlot id="13">One-Hand</inventorySlot>

<htmlTooltip>
<table><tr><td><b class="q4">Remorse</b><br /><!--bo-->Binds when picked up<table width="100%"><tr><td>One-Hand</td><th>Sword</th></tr></table><table width="100%"><tr><td>187 - 349 Damage</td><th>Speed 1.50</th></tr></table>(178.7 damage per second)<br />+52 Agility<br />+51 Stamina<!--e--><!--ps--><br />Durability 105 / 105<br />Requires Level 80</td></tr></table><table><tr><td><span class="q2">Equip: Improves haste rating by 34&nbsp;<small>(<!--r80:36:34-->1.04%&nbsp;@&nbsp;L80)</small>.</span><br /><span class="q2">Equip: Increases your expertise rating by 29&nbsp;<small>(<!--r80:37:29-->3.54&nbsp;@&nbsp;L80)</small>.</span><br /><span class="q2">Equip: Increases attack power by 74.</span></td></tr></table>
</htmlTooltip>

<json>
id:45142,name:'3Remorse',level:232,reqlevel:80,dps:178.7,speed:1.50,slot:13,source:[2],sourcemore:[{t:1,ti:33186,n:'Razorscale',z:4273,dd:2}],classs:2,subclass:7
</json>

<jsonEquip>
slotbak:13,displayid:58939,reqlevel:80,dmgmin1:187,dmgmax1:349,dmgtype1:0,speed:1.50,atkpwr:74,hastertng:34,exprtng:29,agi:52,sta:51,dura:105,dps:178.7,sellprice:214979,mledps:178.7,mledmgmin:187,mledmgmax:349,mlespeed:1.50
</jsonEquip>
<link>http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45142</link>
</item>
</wowhead>

There is also one snippet of text there with the XML-code that says there isn't any style-information associated with this XML-file.

Garou

That code is somewhat irrelevant its just the data the mod gets from Wowhead, the rest of the mod will change the style info once its in your forum. Now we just need to find out why the mod isn't translating it correctly.

The first thing I have to ask are you using a custom theme, which one, and does the mod work in the default theme if you are using a custom theme?

bluelime

I'm running SMF 1.1.9 with PS Black theme by Fussilet. I'm sorry to say I can't test it with the default theme as it does no longer exist on my server (I really have no idea where it went).

I'll have to say you do a really good work here so far btw. Keep it up!

Garou

Wow no default theme? I'm surprised that you can get any mods to install, I bet its hiding in there someplace.

That said you have a pretty common problem I'm finding with this mod with custom themes.
Find...
// ]]></script>';

echo '
</head>

and replace with...
// ]]></script>

echo '
</head>

A lot of custom themes are popping that echo statement before the head ends. By the rules of HTML that's technically incorrect but most modern browsers let it pass anyway. I guess I need to talk to a theme designer and find out why they are doing it that way. *shrug*

Thanks for the complement, though the real credit goes to Horis, the guy that originally wrote the code for another message board system. 90% of the work is his I just formally ported it to SMF and made a couple minor changes.  :)

[unplugged]

Hello. I was helping someone install this mod on their site and was getting some of the same errors being asked about here. I managed to get the mod working and just figured I would share what I did.

He was having the problem with the link being /forum/index.php/wow/wowhead_wrapper.php?item=Lightbringer%20Faceguard. I removed this by going into Subs.php and finding href="wow/wowhead_wrapper.php?item=$1" and changing it to href="../wow/wowhead_wrapper.php?item=$1".

To get the .js files to be found I had to go into the index.template.php and change       // ]]></script>

echo '
</head>
to       // ]]></script>';

global $boardurl;
  echo'<script src="http://www.wowhead.com/widgets/power.js"></script>
<script src="'.$boardurl.'/wow/jquery-1.3.2.min.js"></script>
<script src="'.$boardurl.'/wow/wowhead_linker.js"></script>';

echo '
</head>

This seemed to do the trick, at least on his site. Everything works as desired now. The direct link, the [ url ], and the [ wow ] all work flawlessly now.
Hope this helps someone else and prevents them from spending two and a half hours editing, breaking, undoing, editing again....etc  :P  Enjoy.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

Garou

Thanks for posting your fix SunKing. Ill test this with the server setups I work with and if it works on all of them Ill make this a permanent change to the mod.  :)

ltdeta

QuoteNote: Quests, Spells, and Achievements are not currently supported.

than we can expect the other modes?  ;)

Garou

The way the java script works no. I'm currently learning more about java script to see if I can make this happen however quests, spells, and achievements aren't distinguished by quality color the way  items are. I assume that's why the original author didn't include them in the script. You can still grab them via direct link such as...
[url=http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=1126]Mark of the Wild Rank 1[/url]
or
[url=http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=48469]Mark of the Wild Rank 9[/url]
and the tooltip will show. Technically that's the way Wowhead intended their powered script to work anyway.

The problems is with most forums and CMS, you can not easily enter a piece of HTML code like say...
<a href="http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30987" class="q4">Lightbringer Faceguard</a>
The additional scripts in the mod makes it much easier. :)

mangloide

I ran 1.1.9 and Could not get it originally working with Default Theme or Custom.

After Changing the items in wow folder to 644 - default theme worked but no custom theme would.

Use the code posted by SunKing and it now works for with with custom theme. My custom theme I only had index.template to edit - appeared everything else it pulled from default.

Thanks for all the work guys.

gatek33per

I've gotten The Tool tips to work on Default Theme and
"Iron Wow" Theme

With the Iron Wow Template it only works using

[url=http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30987]Lightbringer Faceguard[/url]

For some reason I can't get it to work via
[wow]Titansteel Spellblade
[/wow]

My theme does not have a post.template.php or modifications.english.php
so i copied them over to  the "Iron Wow" themes folder..

Still not working .. and pulling my hair out :)

Advertisement: