Childboards Only

Started by Bulakbol, April 07, 2009, 03:53:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulakbol

Link to Mod

Author: Bulakbol    Mod Name: ChildboardsOnly    Version:1.0
Tested: Freshly installed SMF 1.1.8 and SMF 2.0 RC1

Childboards Only

• The parentboard topics will be hidden. This mod will display only the childboards.
  • The hidden parentboard topics will be shown if the switch is enabled.
    SMF 2.0 RC1 - Admnin =>  Features and Options => Layout, "Enable the display of parentboard topics".
    SMF 1.1.8 - Admnin =>  Features and Options => Layout and Options, "Enable the display of parentboard topics".

Author: Bulakbol    Mod Name: ChildboardsOnly    Version:2.0
Tested: Freshly installed SMF 1.1.9 and SMF 2.0 RC1-1

Childboards Only

• The parentboard topics will be hidden. This mod will display only the childboards.
  • The parentboard topics will be hidden if checkbox is ticked.
    Admnin => Boards => Modify Boards => Modify, "Show Childboards only:". It is at the bottom.
Version 2.0

• Replaced on/off switch with hide/show switch.
  • You can now select which board to show or hide parentboard topics.

Please uninstall the old version before installing this version.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

KahneFan

#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

fords8

Mod installed great! And is a great mod also! Nice work!

RIGILKENTARUS

This hide post of the parentboard if exist less than 2?¿?

this will be great, but also exist some configuration to do that except for the admin.
WwW.ChileDescargas.Com Comunidad de Descargas..... Si no lo tenemos, pidelo y lo traemos.......

Bulakbol

Thanks for the compliments guys.  :)

@RIGILKENTARUS
It will hide all the parenboard topic. It will leave only the chilboards visible.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

Groundhog

Great Mod

I use child boards within child boards and even I was a little confused when seeing messages and child boards in the same page. This now gives me the the option to tidy things up a little.

I also like that it knows if there is a child board within a child board.

Well done and thanks.  :)

Bulakbol

I know there will be only handful of people that need this mod but I still decided to share it. Thanks for the nice word Groundhog  :)

Groundhog

Hi Bulakbol

Can you please confirm that you get the "on.gif" for the child boards? This may have stopped working for me I think. Unless I need to clear my cache or something?

The Parent board shows the "on.gif" and then when I open the parent board there is no active "on.gif" displayed on the child board, only the "off.gif" even though there are new messages in the child board with the "new.gif".

Will this be a bug or not?

Thanks again.

Bulakbol

@Groundhog
I think this mod is not the cause of your issue. What version of SMF?

Groundhog

Hi Bulakbol

I'm using SMF 2.0 RC1.

The last few posts did indicate correctly. I'm assuming that it is probably a cache related problem or something similar.

Sorry for that.

Thanks again.

UPDATE:

Here is what was causing my problem for anyone else who experiences this.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=285356.msg2017044#msg2017044

Bulakbol

No problem Groundhog. I understand of course.

PalmBeachPreps

I'm lost!  Does this mod hide ALL parent boards?

Bulakbol

If your parent board has child boards, enter the parent board and you'll see the parent board topics at the bottom with the list of child boards on top. This mod will hide the topics of the parenboard so you'll see only the child boards.

RIGILKENTARUS

I like this mod but can do you make it more excellent if we can select only some determined parentboards to activate the modification.
WwW.ChileDescargas.Com Comunidad de Descargas..... Si no lo tenemos, pidelo y lo traemos.......

Bulakbol

Yes, it would be nice. I'll leave it for the next update/version though when I have time. Thanks for the suggestion.

FragaCampos

Quote from: RIGILKENTARUS on April 23, 2009, 06:30:59 PM
I like this mod but can do you make it more excellent if we can select only some determined parentboards to activate the modification.

This would be great and will make the mod even better. I'll wait for that to install it.
Thank you very much for sharing!

kingkingston

The thing about this mod is,it makes everything much better set out,especially if you like having lots of child boards

°「κıℓℓεr」°

Nice Mod, but could you set it out so you can do it Board-Specific? I have main boards that I want people to post in, but for my games section, etcetera I want to be specific just for the Gaming section...

Bulakbol

Thanks guys. I started working on it. I am adding a text box where you can enter board id's. Give me a day or so.

FragaCampos

Advertisement: