News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Support Helpers Redux

Started by H, April 07, 2009, 06:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H

We have always strived to provide fast and professional support and are continually looking for ways to improve the quality of our support, and encourage more of you to help out in the community while bettering your skills.

Last year we launched a support group that provided some additional support tools. We've now gone even further and added some more team tools and a community support discussion board to help solve those harder problems.

So the features of the Community Support Helper group now include:

Support quick-links bar

This bar helps you select where you want to give support, and view pending support topics.

The Support topics script

This script collects all unsolved support topics from the boards and displays them in an easy to use list. If you have over 100 posts, you'll also be able to mark topics as solved

A documentation dropdown

This displays a list of documents which are commonly referred to in support. Selecting one inserts the link into your post for you!

Wikilinks

These help you quickly link to common topics and stickies that may be helpful in support!

A new board

This board is for all support helpers to help each other solve support topics faster by talking with other support helpers about possible solutions.

We hope to also use this group (in addition to SHOTM) as a base for recruiting more people to the support team!

Please signup now! Visit the Group membership page of your profile
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

JBlaze

Very nice H and the whole Team. This is definately going to make for less frustration when searching for previous topics or Docs.

Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Dragooon

And I was wondering why I was seeing the Support helpers board, thanks guys :)

[SAP]Francis

Vehicles Forum

Founded By Francis Morissette

H

-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

ethankcvds

I've got a question do the regular Support Members have a link that shows new tickets for CM HD(If you don't you may want to look into it ;D .)?
No Pm's for support please!

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Atleast a few people if not all...??
<----------------- ME!!! :P

H

Quote from: ethankcvds on April 17, 2009, 10:46:05 PM
I've got a question do the regular Support Members have a link that shows new tickets for CM HD(If you don't you may want to look into it ;D .)?

All the team have unread helpdesk items showing in addition to topics on their unread lists. As the HD is private, this isn't something that anyone not on the team will be able to see :)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

TheListener

How much knowledge is required in regards to files, mods php etc?

mashby

Knowledge is power. Supporting others with your knowledge is more important than how much knowledge you may or may not have. In the end, if you can provide support anywhere, it's appreciated and wanted.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

[SAP]Francis

Vehicles Forum

Founded By Francis Morissette

KensonPlays

Sorry if this is late, I can't figure out hpw to use wikilinks. How do you use them?

xenovanis

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

JBlaze

Ah, those screenshots make me miss the old default theme...

Dunno why though heh

And yes, I did just post to a 5 year old topic. Sue me 8)
Jason Clemons

Arantor

I miss the old default theme too :(

Antes

is that theme still in SVN ? I may upgrade it to SMF 2.1 :) after current one finishes ofc :P

kat

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be. ;)

I prefer the old forum, in total, as you all must know. :P

Bloody good to have you around, again, JB! I've kinda missed your weirdness, you know.

The place is full of old grannies, now.

JBlaze

Quote from: K@ on October 30, 2014, 08:30:11 AM
Bloody good to have you around, again, JB! I've kinda missed your weirdness, you know.
Weirdness, eh? This isn't even my final form!

I'm not really back, per se. Just trolling around helping out here and there, and making the random trolly post :P
Jason Clemons

kat

In England, there's a phrase...

To be "Off your trolley" means that you're mental.

Arantor

He's suggesting that he's being a troll >:D

Advertisement: