Reply Button In Every Post

Started by Joe N, April 08, 2009, 01:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alphacaveman

It's this mod. Just like what you just did. Thank you so much! It's attached.

gbsothere

Quote from: alphacaveman on July 12, 2010, 10:03:29 PM
It's this mod. Just like what you just did. Thank you so much! It's attached.

Classic theme for this one, as well?
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

gbsothere

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

alphacaveman

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

gbsothere

Afro

this mod should be upgraded to 2.0 RC3.

gbsothere

Quote from: Afro on September 26, 2010, 05:19:43 PM
this mod should be upgraded to 2.0 RC3.

I think I did on my previous RC3 test board, but I dumped the board to use the space for something else and those files are gone.  I've not done it on my current RC3 board.  I'll play with the codes and see if I can remember what I did (if no one else has sorted it by the time I'm done.)

gbsothere

Actually, Afro, in RC3, simply finding, in Display.template.php

// Can they reply? Have they turned on quick reply?

And adding before:

// How about replying at any point?
        if ($context['can_reply'] && !empty($options['display_quick_reply']))
            echo '
                                   <li class="reply_button"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=post;reply=', $message['id'], ';topic=', $context['current_topic'], '.', $context['start'], ';num_replies=', $context['num_replies'], '" onclick="doReply(',
                                   $message['id'], ');">', $txt['reply'], '</a></li>';

will put the reply button in every post and, at least on my test board, it works just fine. 

The only thing is that I've never been quite sure how this is suppose to work with Quick Reply (because I've never fooled around with it) so someone else might want to either provide additional codes or explain to me how it's supposed to work in conjunction with Quick Reply, so that I can muck around with it, although, you can probably figure that out a lot faster than I can.

:)

KahneFan

Quote from: KahneFan on July 01, 2010, 10:03:04 PM
Originally I had it so that, if you had QR activated, clicking the reply button would send you to the QR box at the bottom of the page. If you do not have the QR activated, it would take you to a new page. And, if you were not registered, you would be taken to registration.
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

Afro

Quote from: gbsothere on September 27, 2010, 02:41:33 PM
Actually, Afro, in RC3, simply finding, in Display.template.php

And adding before:

// How about replying at any point?
            echo '
                                   <li class="reply_button"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=post;reply=', $message['id'], ';topic=', $context['current_topic'], '.', $context['start'], ';num_replies=', $context['num_replies'], '" onclick="doReply(',
                                   $message['id'], ');">', $txt['reply'], '</a></li>';

will put the reply button in every post and, at least on my test board, it works just fine. 

The only thing is that I've never been quite sure how this is suppose to work with Quick Reply (because I've never fooled around with it) so someone else might want to either provide additional codes or explain to me how it's supposed to work in conjunction with Quick Reply, so that I can muck around with it, although, you can probably figure that out a lot faster than I can.

:)

Worked very well.. but still needs to be upgraded to 2.0 RC3//
People dont really like modifying files manually.

mirahalo

for those users that use quick reply:

if ($context['can_reply'] && !empty($options['display_quick_reply']) && $context['user']['is_logged'] )
      echo '

<li class="quote_button"><a href="#quickreply">', $txt['reply'], '</a></li>';

gbsothere

@ 130860

Thanks for that!   :)

@ KahneFan

This is still one of my favorite mods (and really should have always been a standard feature).   ;)

Shades.

Can someone update this to work with RC4? Thanks! 8)
ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

Joker™

Quote from: BoZilla on November 14, 2010, 09:42:09 PM

themes\default\Display.template.php

Find:

Add before:

// Simple Reply Button
      echo '
            <li class="reply_button"><a href="', $scripturl . '?action=post;topic=' . $context['current_topic'] . '.' . $context['start'] . ';num_replies=' . $context['num_replies'], '">', $txt['reply'], '</a></li>';

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

C4G-TK

Quote from: Joker™ on December 08, 2010, 04:45:24 AM
Quote from: BoZilla on November 14, 2010, 09:42:09 PM

themes\default\Display.template.php

Find:

Add before:

// Simple Reply Button
      echo '
            <li class="reply_button"><a href="', $scripturl . '?action=post;topic=' . $context['current_topic'] . '.' . $context['start'] . ';num_replies=' . $context['num_replies'], '">', $txt['reply'], '</a></li>';

Before someone asks, this works in RC5, too!  ;)

-img removed-

ashishsharma

OK so a newbie here...

...and instead of just being lazy and asking for help, I actually tried adding code into my display.template.php and it did not work. It didn't break anything but I don't have a reply button on each post.  :(

I looked for

// So... quick reply is off, but they *can* reply?
      elseif ($context['can_reply'])
         echo '
               <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=post;quote=', $message['id'], ';topic=', $context['current_topic'], '.', $context['start'], ';num_replies=', $context['num_replies'], ';sesc=', $context['session_id'], '">', $reply_button, '</a>';

and added this before it...

// Simple Reply Button
        if ($context['can_reply'])
         echo '<a href="', $scripturl . '?action=post;topic=' . $context['current_topic'] . '.' . $context['start'] . ';num_replies=' . $context['num_replies'], ';m=', $message['id'], ';poster=', $message['member']['name'], '">', $respond_button, '</a>';

File attached

I am on SMF version 1.1.13 and this is the only change I made. I've got no clue about PHP but tried to follow this thread as much as I could. Any help would be appreciated.

Joker™

Try these edit (Make backup of file before editing it)

Display.template.php

Code (Find:) Select
$reply_button = create_button('quote.gif', 145, 'smf240', 'align="middle"');

Code (Add before:) Select
$quick_reply = create_button('reply.gif', 121, '146', 'align="middle"');

Code (Find:) Select

Code (Add Before:) Select
// Simple Reply Button
if ($context['can_reply'])
echo '
<a href="', $scripturl . '?action=post;topic=' . $context['current_topic'] . '.' . $context['start'] . ';num_replies=' . $context['num_replies'], '">', $quick_reply, '</a>';
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

ashishsharma

Holy crap! It works!!!

Thank you thank you thank you so much!! :-)

Joker™

Quote from: ashishsharma on July 11, 2011, 07:45:53 PM
Holy crap! It works!!!

Thank you thank you thank you so much!! :-)

Your most welcome :).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Advertisement: