News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Excel Spreadsheet (data) into SMF Forum Post?

Started by Killer-B, April 09, 2009, 08:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killer-B

Am not the biggest coding person in the world, but was wondering if it was possible to place data (or the actual sheet) from an Excel databook into a Forum Post?

I know (very little) about the "Insert Table" command... and have had limited success getting 2 columns to "show" properly - but have a 5 column spreadsheet with "rankings" that need to be updated weekly - which I created in Excel... I see tables all over the place on other SMF forums... but have no idea how to do this? I'm having some serious alignment issues :(

Can anyone point me to a link that shows how to do this (if it's doable) or offer some tips as to how tables works?

TIA

KB 8)
SMF 2.0RC1

H

The only easy way of doing this would be to save the spreadsheet as a csv and then use the CSV to table mod. This only works in 1.1.x though
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Killer-B

Thanks for the tip.... sorry I didn't respond sooner, as for some reason, didn't get notification of your response - but will try to export them to csv and see if I can make that work... or maybe the other mod will get updated for 2.0 eventually -

Thanks -

KB
SMF 2.0RC1

Orstio

In Excel, click on File>Web Page Preview.

When the browser opens with the page, right-click, and View Source.

Copy the parts you want, and paste them into your post.

Note - only works if HTML posting is enabled in SMF.

Killer-B

Quote from: Orstio on April 11, 2009, 06:40:58 PM
In Excel, click on File>Web Page Preview.

When the browser opens with the page, right-click, and View Source.

Copy the parts you want, and paste them into your post.

Note - only works if HTML posting is enabled in SMF.
Many thanks for that tip.. the other way didn't work very well - so will try yours...

Sorry for the delayed "thanks" but for whatever reason, I'm not getting notifications on this thread (yes, notify is enabled) - so - not sure why it's not doing that....

Either way, "thanks"!!

KB
SMF 2.0RC1

H

Glad that did what you wanted. Regarding the e-mail, up until recently we've been having some issues with our mail server. These should now be fixed though.
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Killer-B

SMF 2.0RC1

Advertisement: