News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Always logout automatically - Firefox 3

Started by Informatics, April 16, 2009, 11:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Informatics

And what is the relevancy with the browser, especially FF3?

Still wondering hhuh...!

You can catch me @ Forum Informatika a.k.a Indonesian Informatics Online Community @ http://if.web.id

Mods:
1. LinkTree v.1.1.0 [Topic  || Download]
2. Header Rotator v.1.1.0 for 1.1.x | v.2.1 for 2.0 [Topic || Download]

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Well, it maybe that IE is taking in sessions the different way as Firefox does.. And same with Chrome.. Its all about functionality..

IE is redirecting the PHPSESSID back to the index.php whereas both firefox and chrome doesnt. It stops at the first redirection which occurs and doesnt let further redirection.. (Somewhat like internal redirection is not allowed in Firefox and Chrome)

----------------------------------
Well, i'll try provide the maximum information i can....;) dunno about the solution yet..

Informatics

thanx... just please remember that maybe the site will be reinstall on this wednesday.

thanx once again for your hardworking. :D keep smile!.

You can catch me @ Forum Informatika a.k.a Indonesian Informatics Online Community @ http://if.web.id

Mods:

Rumbaar

Is this an issue still?  I notice the test account is no longer valid.

Had you run the 2.0 specific repair_settings.php tool for the forum once you had moved it.  I take it you don't get the same results when you try this on a fresh install on that new hosting service?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

HEB XI 1

I just saw this thread and wanted to note that I am having the same issues and have just given up on FF and gone to IE.  My original posts are in this thread - I was seeing this issue on 7 of my own installations - 2 different hosts, and 4 different SMF versions.  It was also happening on this site and the TinyPortal site, of course over which I have no control over cookies/database sessions, etc.

Something I did note was that it was only happening on my desktop computer.  My husband's computer had no issues.  I also narrowed it down to FF 3 (I think) by reinstalling FF 2 and the issue cleared up.

Now seeing this thread I'm thinking there's something screwy with FF3 but I don't know how to find it to pass it along to their devs?

Informatics

its never solved.

So i have to install our forum. Fresh install ofcourse, and now i wouldn't get this problem anymore.

Thanx.

Mods:

Rumbaar

@HEB XI 1 well that looks like a client side issue, as you had it on all sites.  So no real fault of SMF directly I would assume.

No, but can you test it on a fresh install without all the modifications you've made and see.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

kyledave

Any solutions for these problem.

As a newbie, likewise, I experience this problem
"logging out automatically".  Related to the sessionid
described. 

Please help.

Thanks
kyle

Advertisement: