News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Mambo and SMF - a few problems

Started by 0m39a, March 17, 2005, 05:12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0m39a

Hi everyone,

I have installed Mambo V4.5.1b-Stable and SMF 1-0-2 and used the SMF_BRIDGEv3.02stable to integrate the two together, and followed the tutorial to the word, yet im still having a few problems.  the site link is hxxp:www.megalan.tk [nonactive]

1) - registering.  to register a new member, you have to first click on the forum link, and register through there.  the mambo register link doesnt work properly.  you can see what it does yourself if you click on it.

2) - SMF profile.  simply put, it doesnt work.  I get the error:
"Template Parse Error!
There was a problem loading the /Themes/default/languages/Profile.english.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme."

3) - Themes.  am I correct in understanding that SMF is ment to take on the general theme of the site in which you install it on?  if not, disregard this post, but it would be nice for it to take on the theme of the site though.

thankyou in advance for the advice

-0M39A

Kindred

well, the text the welcome_guest string in your index.english.php needs to be corrected.
see the combined readme at the top of this forum for details.
(simply put, registration need to point to com_smf_reghistration)

You have also not applied the package mambo.tar.gz trhough your SMF package manager.
all of your login links go to the wrong place.  I can not log in, period....

2)  Indeed... it looks as if you tried to play with Profile.template.php at some point.   Try lolading a fresh copy of this file into your default theme directory from the SMF ZIP.

3) no... themes are defined by bthe administrator. You have to install various themes in SMF and/or mambo... it doesn't just happen automatically.   Radianation has made an SMF theme that merges pretty well with that mambo template, however... see the sticky threads at the top of this forum.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

0m39a

ok, i think problem 1 has been fixed.

problem 2 has changed.  i uploaded a fresh copy of Profile.template.php (even though i havent touched it before) and i still get the same error (if you are a regular user you get a similar one, that doesnt list the file directory)

and thanks for the info on the third question.  i reckon ill leave it the way it is for the moment, as i dont want to have to make a new banner for the site, as i quite like the one i made for it.

strange thing with the first one is that i did have mambo.tar.gz installed and enabled.  guess reinstalling it fixed it.

so any tips to fix my remaining problem?

your advice so far has been much appreciated.

btw, if you want i can pm you the admin details so you can have a look for yourself.'

cheers

Kindred

wierd....   I registered (and seem to have successfully created an aco******), but when I attempt to log in, I get a message:

An Error Has Occurred!
You were unable to login. Please check your cookie settings. 

I don't have this problem on any other SMF board I have ever been to...

(I also notice that you have ALOT! of pop-ups on your site)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

0m39a

alot of popups?

there should only be 1 popup (the .tk domain one), and a big ugly google add banner, both of which i dont see.

firefox blocks the popup from a default install, and i have the add block plugin to block google adds ;)

weird problem though.  ive gotten a few friends to test it out and none of them have had any problems with it.

still got the profile error though.  any ideas on that?

Kindred

I get a pop-up blocked each time I go to any page on your site...

I'm not sure what's going on in the background on your site, but every time I try to go to the login, it takes me back to the main site address (it should at least call up the mambo_login action in the address bar).

Are you using htaccess redirects?

wierd... I get the same error on 4 different computer systems...

Is this a new site?
If it is, I really recommend an uninstall of the bridge and a clean re-install of SMF itself.
Слaва
Украинi

0m39a

it just looks like its taking you back to the root of the site, but thats just because of the free .tk domain i use.

if you want to go to the real site, go to hxxp:megalan10.goldeye.info [nonactive]

and its a very new site, only 3 days old now.

not sure why you cant login though, as it works 100% fine for me now, and ive had a couple of mates try registering through it and logging in and they havent had any problems either.  very strange.

i might just have to try a fresh reinstall of SMF though, but i wont have the time to do that for a while though.

no other ideas on the accessing the user profile problem?

Advertisement: