News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Default Membergroup

Started by vbgamer45, May 06, 2009, 02:42:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Link to Mod

Default Membergroup

Original Author: Nas
SMF Version: 2.0.X
Mod Version: 2.0

Description:
This mod assigns all new members to a specific membergroup upon registration.
The group is set by ID in the 'Registration' section of your administration panel.

Why Not Visit:
http://www.smfhacks.com
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

edi67

very useful thx

Italian
// Start Default membergroup by Nas
$txt['default_group'] = 'Gruppo Utente di Default <div class="smalltext">Il numero ID del gruppo utente che verrà asseggnato a tutti i nuovi utenti dopo la registrazione.</div>';
// End Default membergroup by Nas
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

Marcus Forsberg

Afro

I have been manually assigning them on my forum. unfortunately i am on 1.1.8.

can you do this mod for our version plz?

Marcus Forsberg

A mod for you version already exist. Search the mod site.

blow

Is there a way to assign to a specific membergroup only the female users?

Marcus Forsberg

Sure is, but that's not really the meaning for this mod, and couldn't be done with out making it all "from scratch".

blow

Hmm.. I see, thanks.  :(
But that would be useful too...

Daggers

The information on the mod link says this is also compatible with 2.0 RC1, having just installed it on RC1, not RC1-1, it installs but nothing appears in the registration/settings :(

EDIT: Ok I found it. I was looking for the list of membergroups on and not an ID number. IMHO.. a list would be better

Atheo

Where can you find the number for a specific membergroup?

Atheo

Mr_Lon

Cool Mod but one problem:
I'm using SMF RC1 and everything is working but all the members can see
an "unapproved Post"?
That's not right it should be unseen and I can't figure what I may have set wrong.....

Lon

JeremyB.

Are you using a custom theme?
"The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they foul up, there's no law against whacking them around a little."

JeremyB.

Spanish Translation:
$ txt [ 'default_group'] = 'Por defecto membergroup <div class="smallText"> El ID de la membergroup que todos los nuevos miembros deberían ser asignados a momento de la inscripción. </ div>';
"The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they foul up, there's no law against whacking them around a little."

Mr_Lon

Sorry I found my problem!

I'm using this mod with a "Post Moderation" mod to help stop spammers.

I was testing with a "test member" to make a post and checking with another "test regular member" to check to see if the posts were hidden ..... My problem was that the "test regular member" I had assigned an additional membergroup (like moderator) to and didn't remember it. When I removed the additional membergroup from the "test regular member" everythin worked GREAT!

I'm using the "Default Membergroup" mod and the "Post Moderation" mod.

Thanks for the cool mod.

Lon

sepulchre

Mod fails to install into v2.0RC1-2 with the error "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF" Any chance of an update?

Marcus Forsberg

Changelog
1.0.0.2 | July 18 2009
* Supports SMF 2.0 RC1.2.

danielwmoore

Thanks for this mod.

It has enabled me to fix what I saw as an oversight in the original programming of SMF.  All registered users are supposed to be a member of the Regular Members membergroup.  However, if you assign another primary membergroup, they cease to be a member of the regular members, and you have to add those permissions back to the new group.

Now, I have a "Registered Members" group they all go to, which is "invisible" so it is ALWAYS an "additional group".  The group is set to "inherit" permissions from Regular Members, so this fixes my problem of having to manage that part of the permissions within every specialized group.  Now if I want to set up a special group to have permission to "Access Chat" I only have to tick the chat access permissions. (Another mod I'm using.)  Nice work.

This has been a great help to reduce my work load.

Thanks again!

danielwmoore

The mod is not behaving as I thought it would in my above post.

I have disallowed the default group to be the members primary member group by making it invisible.  However, this mod attempts to make it the primary group, which is causing conflicts and problems. 

I need the default member group to always be assigned as a "secondary group" and not the primary member group.

The problem here is the mod does not respect the way the group has been set up.  The mod should check to see if the group is invisible before attempting to assign it as a primary member group.  This makes it basically useless at this point. 

To get the behavior I wanted, I have uninstalled this mod, and edited the file Sources/Subs-Members.php where:
Find:

'additional_groups' => '',

Replace with:

'additional_groups' => '###',

where '###' is the number of the group I wish to make an additional group for all new members.

This is working flawlessly, and much simpler, although not configurable through the admin panel.  However, I could easily add multiple groups here.

Marcus Forsberg

Changelog
1.0.0.3 | November 14 2009
* Supports SMF 2.0 RC2.

Advertisement: