News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[NOTICE] How to secure your site against recent attacks

Started by jblazeofek, May 11, 2009, 08:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yankeestonk

I've seen MANY more "members" signing up that are spammers. I had to set the site to manual approval. I now check each one against Stop Spammer's list. However is there a rule of thumb with that? I asked at Stop Spammer and they really couldn't give me an answer. I usually check the e-mail address and the username. If either have any hits I reject it. However on the I.P. address it is possible that the I.P. is a community one right? Any tips would be appreciated. Dame Spammers!

busterone

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

There's also a mod that automates the checks from Stop Forum Spam, that you have apparently been doing manually.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

JBlaze

Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Acans

"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

maskena

If i take stop spammer and re captca on smf 1.1.13, it Compatible ?

thank's before

Advertisement: