News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 1.1.9 and 2.0 RC1-1 released

Started by Compuart, May 20, 2009, 08:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Compuart

Simple Machines announces the release of SMF 1.1.9 and 2.0 RC1-1, addressing a few vulnerabilities found in SMF 1.1.8 and 2.0 RC1. We strongly recommend that all users upgrade as soon as possible.

It should be noted that SMF 2.0 RC1-1 is not the second release candidate for SMF 2.0, but merely a security-updated version of the first release candidate. The new Curve theme is still scheduled for SMF 2.0 RC2, as announced earlier.

To upgrade, use the package manager to upgrade to either 1.1.9 or 2.0 RC1-1, depending on your version. Simply visit your administration center, where a notice will be displayed, prompting you to upgrade. Click the link, confirm the changes and your forum will be up to date again. Users still running the SMF 1.0.x branch can upgrade to SMF 1.0.17 via the same procedure.

If you cannot upgrade using the package manager, please follow the instructions posted in the Online Manual about installing and upgrading. If you experience a session verification error when inputting FTP details for updating process, please see this topic.

It may be necessary to apply the upgrade manually if mod conflicts mean that you cannot install the patch through the package manager. Instructions for doing this can be found on this page for all versions.

Finally - please do not use this topic for any support requests. You will get a much more prompt response by visiting the relevant support board!

Regards,
Simple Machines

Hendrik Jan Visser
Former Lead Developer & Co-founder www.simplemachines.org
Personal Signature:
Realitynet.nl -> ExpeditieRobinson.net / PekingExpress.org / WieIsDeMol.Com

shadow82x

Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

Fustrate

Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

Amacythe

Trekkie101

Kill Em All

Yay. All we need now is the official release of 2.0!   ;D

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

JBlaze

Very nice work to all who contributed. I think a round of beer is on the house tonight :)
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Maxtor

nice work! i hope to work with my mods :P

foxit2007

aldo

Antechinus

M-DVD

Good, now there is a new method to encrypt the names of the attachments not predictable as the previous one.

Good work :)

Antechinus

Ok, we have one patch and four zips. I think an explanation might help.

Mick.

Crasy

Quote from: JBlaze on May 20, 2009, 08:59:30 PM
Very nice work to all who contributed. I think a round of beer is on the house tonight :)

You deserve a round yourself buddy.

Great work to all who were involved.

Daniel15

Nice work :)
Time to update my forums soon :P

QuoteOk, we have one patch and four zips. I think an explanation might help.
First one is a package installable via the Package Manager, used via automatic updates. The other three are archives of the modified files.
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

4Kstore

¡¡NEW MOD: Sparkles User Names!!!

Sarge

Please do not PM me with support requests unless I invite you to.

http://www.zeriyt.com/   ~   http://www.galeriashqiptare.net/

<H> I had zero posts when I started posting

Advertisement: