News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Error Upgrading to 1.1.9 from 1.1.8

Started by own3mall, May 25, 2009, 02:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

own3mall

I decided to upgrade my forum from SMF 1.1.8 to SMF 1.1.9 after receiving the notification through email.  Unfortunately, I'm having problems.  I've never had problems before when performing an update, but this time, I receive the following error message:

"The upgrader found some old or outdated language files.  Please make certain you uploaded the new versions of all the files included in the package, even the theme and language files for the default theme."

Not sure what is going on.  I used the small update since I already had 1.1.8

I overwrote every file, so what's wrong?  Please help.

Thanks
Eric

TLBSupport

Had the same, found out it didn't like the fact i had Simple Portal 2.2.1 installed, uninstall and then apply patch worked, then i reapply-ed the portal, happy days (until i found out Ajax chat was furbar'd)

own3mall

Quote from: TLBSupport on May 25, 2009, 03:01:55 PM
Had the same, found out it didn't like the fact i had Simple Portal 2.2.1 installed, uninstall and then apply patch worked, then i reapply-ed the portal, happy days (until i found out Ajax chat was furbar'd)

That's not the case in my situation.   I don't have any mods.  Can't figure out what is wrong?

jonnylons

I am having the same issue. I overwrote all the files and made sure they are all the latest files. Perhaps the upgrade.php file is wrong?

I had 1.1.8 running fine and just did an import of my sql data. Now, there is obviously a problem with the data as it needs to adhere to 1.1.9 structure.  :'(

own3mall

Guess they should have further tested this release...

Still having the problem.... no fix yet?

Antechinus

Ignore the language files and just go ahead. If you have overwritten your old files it should be fine. The problem could be caused by Fantastico if your site was installed by that. Fanatstico will install every single language file in SMF including Turkish, Albanian and the rest. The small update pack just includes English.

Antechinus

Quote from: jonnylons on May 25, 2009, 06:31:42 PM
I am having the same issue. I overwrote all the files and made sure they are all the latest files. Perhaps the upgrade.php file is wrong?

I had 1.1.8 running fine and just did an import of my sql data. Now, there is obviously a problem with the data as it needs to adhere to 1.1.9 structure.  :'(
Yes, you need to have the database on 1.1.9. Upload upgrade.php and run it again. You can't import an unconverted 1.1.8 database to 1.1.9 and not expect to get errors.

own3mall

No, I did not use Fantastico to install it.  I originally installed smf 1.1.4 from a manual install from SMF.  I'm not sure if the upgrade was successful, as the upgrade.php did not work.  It instead gave me the error.  How do I ignore it and proceed in the upgrade?

My forum says 1.1.9 is running, but I'm not convinced.  All I did was upload the 1.1.9 files.  I couldn't get the upgrade.php to work.

http://forums.videogames101.net/

vizzini

upgrade.php:363 is failing for me ( 1.1.9 != 1.1.5 )

Since 'Themes/default/languages/index.english.php' is overwritten by the update/upgrade with the 1.1.9 file shouldn't the constant SMF_LANG_VERSION, upgrade.php:28, be changed to 1.1.9?

I changed upgrade.php:363 from:
if (empty($match[1]) || $match[1] != SMF_LANG_VERSION)

to:
if( 0 ) // if (empty($match[1]) || $match[1] != SMF_LANG_VERSION)

and the update worked for me...

own3mall

Quote from: vizzini on May 26, 2009, 12:29:25 AM

Since 'Themes/default/languages/index.english.php' is overwritten by the update/upgrade with the 1.1.9 file shouldn't the constant SMF_LANG_VERSION, upgrade.php:28, be changed to 1.1.9?

That's it!  I changed it to 1.1.9, and it worked!  You don't need to modify the file any further!  I love you for finding the needle in the haystack!  Please fix this SMF and release an update soon! 

own3mall

own3mall

Guess SMF doesn't care... This needs fixing form them, not the individual user who has to track down the issue.

Antechinus

It's being fixed. This issue was put on the bugtracker the other day.

vizzini

While changing the SMF_LANG_VERSION worked for you, it may not work for everyone else. I didn't have the time to dl every language pack to see if the Version string in each of them was '1.1.9'.

Adding ' 0 ) // ' after the 'if (' on line 363 was the sure fire way to skip the 'sanity' check regardless of the version string in the installed language pack.

Eventually a mod will probably move this into the bug board; merging the topics into the earliest one. If you want/need pronto support, you should buy a Charter Membership.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=312713
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=313278
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=313098

H

The upgrade package should have been regenerated so downloading a new upgrade package should make this issue permanently go away
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Advertisement: