Problems converting vb 3.8.2 to smf 1.19

Started by daftscouser, May 27, 2009, 04:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daftscouser

Hi sorry its my first post and I'm asking for help but i'm at a total loss! I am trying to use the vb to sm converter with the updated sql file and keep getting this error:

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of vBulletin 3.7. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: Incorrect database name ''

Now I have checked and double checked both configs to access the database and both are correct. Both boards work perfectly its just when i try to run the converter. Am I doing something wrong or maybe overlooked something?!? Any help at all would be greatly apreciated

EDIT- Forgot to mention that both forums are on the same database

db- cdgclanc_vbcc     vb db prefix- cc_           smf db prefix- swf_

daftscouser

SOLVED!!!

I just used the info from

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=271437.0

worked a treat!!!!! The only thing i had to do was export the vbulletin database, removed the prefix ( in my case cc_ ) then just imported back into the database. Than ran the converter and all completed 100% inc pm's and avatars etc.

Hope this info is useful to other people on vbulletin 3.8.2 wanting to convert to SMF

THANKS goes to TM for his solution from the above link

If this quick fix works for other members could you post your results up for others to read. Cheers  :D

Advertisement: