News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Board Notification Mod - 1.2.2 released

Started by SabreOfParadise, May 28, 2009, 12:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatsTheRent

Hey, question on the this mod.  Is there a separate control for a user to use to turn this on?  For example, right now there is a "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic".  Is this the button that also controls notifications for new topics after this mod is installed?

I'm basically looking for a mod that sends out notifications of new posts to all members, yet allows the member to turn it off but still receive notifications of replies to posts.  Are there separate controls with this mod?  As in "receive notifications of replies to your posts" and also "receive notifications of new topics."

Thanks for the help

SabreOfParadise

Quote from: WhatsTheRent on February 09, 2010, 06:29:42 PM
Is there a separate control for a user to use to turn this on?

No, only the admin can control the use of the Mod function. The Mod is for the board notification so the settings for the topic notification are irrelevant for it.

SabreOfParadise

SMF 2 Final is out now and I'm working on a mod version. This may take a while as I'm on vacation next week.

Richardgm

Quote from: SabreOfParadise on July 01, 2011, 03:13:23 AM
SMF 2 Final is out now and I'm working on a mod version. This may take a while as I'm on vacation next week.

I'm sure there are more persons like myself you didn't come here (prior to now) to say "good work", & "please update".

:)

Martingonnella

Thanks SabreOfParadise. I've been waiting for something like to come out..When you think this can be done by? Nice work.

SabreOfParadise

I'm halfway through but pretty busy with other stuff at the moment so I cannot say when I'll be done. I also don't want to rush things and test it a while.

SabreOfParadise

Finally I've finished the support für SMF 2 and released the version 1.2.0.
Unfortunately I could not reuse the existing French and Spanish translations because the localized files have changed pretty much.

Sorry for the big delay but instead of getting more time I got busier and busier until this week.

Tiny Clanger

Installing version 1.2.0 after TinyPortal, I get:
QuoteFatal error: Function name must be a string in /path/to/TPortal.php on line 3005
Need to comment out the "compability" section at the bottom of TPortal.php.

Top mod!

TC

SabreOfParadise

Quote from: tiny clanger on January 12, 2012, 07:22:10 AMNeed to comment out the "compability" section at the bottom of
TPortal.php.

Great that you have sorted it out.  I was about to write that I have absolutely no clue.  ;)

Quote from: tiny clanger on January 12, 2012, 07:22:10 AMTop mod!

Thanks a lot.  :)

eric1234

Actually this mods notify user through email?

SabreOfParadise

No, it notifies users via smoke signals.  ;D

eline

I will try to use this mod as I get emails to reply on some topic which was missed due to many boards :)

bigjoe11a

I been trying to install this mod, Every time I click the install link. I get this error.

Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /home/frontlin/public_html/df-barracks.com/Sources/TPortal.php on line 3005

Any one have an idea about how to fix this so I can get this mod installed. I run SMF 2.0.2 and Tinyportal 1.105.

Thanks
Joe
SMF Forums http://www.df-barracks.com Where gamers go.

rob54

I have version 1.1.6 running in SMF 1.1.16. Do I need to uninstall and delete the current version or does the install overwrite previous. Also I'm not clear what 1.2.0 does over 1.1.6. Can someone clarify please?

SabreOfParadise

Quote from: rob54 on March 11, 2012, 09:07:56 AM
I have version 1.1.6 running in SMF 1.1.16. Do I need to uninstall and delete the current version or does the install overwrite previous. Also I'm not clear what 1.2.0 does over 1.1.6. Can someone clarify please?

Read the mod description?

QuoteChange Log:

Version 1.2.0
--------------------
* Compatibility with SMF 2 (without the French and Spanish translations which have to be redone, the German translation is included)

There have been no changes for SMF 1 (and none will be made in the future) so installing 1.2.0 or higher has absolutely no effect.

valmiki

Hi Guys!!!

Today I installed the Mod Board Notification Mod. Everything seems fine until I create a reply in a Topic. At this point I get an error:
QuoteIl template e-mail "notify_boards_body_reply" non può essere trovato.
Translated it should sound more or less like this:
QuoteThe e-mail template "notify_boards_body_reply" could not be found.
The Post gets created anyway even though is not shown at first, but the notification of the reply doesn't work.
This happens no matter what group the user belongs to ... it happens also when I am in as administrator.
When a new Topic gets created no problems though.
Could you help me out?

Thank you for your time
Valmiki

SabreOfParadise

Are you using SMF 2?
Does that also happen when a user has English as the selected language?
If not I guess SMF expects a Spanish translation which doesn't exist for Spanish currently. You could copy the missing parts from the English part or translate the following parts so that I can compile the translation into a new version of the mod:

<file name="$languagedir/EmailTemplates.english.php" error="skip">
        <operation>
<search position="after"><![CDATA['notify_boards_once_body' => array(]]></search>
<add><![CDATA['notify_boards_once_body_reply' => array(
/*
@additional_params: notify_boards_once_body_reply
TOPICSUBJECT: The subject of the topic causing the notification
TOPICLINK: A link to the topic.
UNSUBSCRIBELINK: Link to unsubscribe from notifications.
@description:
*/
'subject' => 'New Reply: {TOPICSUBJECT}',
'body' => 'A new reply, \'{TOPICSUBJECT}\', by {POSTERNAME} has been made on a topic on a board you are watching.

You can see it at
{TOPICLINK}

More topics and replies may be posted, but you won\'t receive more email notifications until you return to the board and read some of them.

The text of the reply is shown below:
{MESSAGE}

Unsubscribe to new topics and replies from this board by using this link:
{UNSUBSCRIBELINK}

{REGARDS}',
),
]]></add>
</operation>

<operation>
<search position="after"><![CDATA['notify_boards_once' => array(]]></search>
<add><![CDATA['notify_boards_once_reply' => array(
/*
@additional_params: notify_boards_once_reply
@description:
*/
'body' => 'A new reply, \'{TOPICSUBJECT}\', by {POSTERNAME} has been made on a topic on a board you are watching.

You can see it at
{TOPICLINK}

More topics and replies may be posted, but you won\'t receive more email notifications until you return to the board and read some of them.

{UNSUBSCRIBELINK}

{REGARDS}',
),
]]></add>
</operation>

<operation>
<search position="after"><![CDATA['notify_boards_body' => array(]]></search>
<add><![CDATA['notify_boards_body_reply' => array(
/*
@additional_params: notify_boards_body_reply
@description:
*/

You can see it at
{TOPICLINK}

The text of the reply is shown below:
{MESSAGE}

{UNSUBSCRIBELINK}

{REGARDS}',
),
]]></add>
</operation>

<operation>
<search position="after"><![CDATA['notify_boards' => array(]]></search>
<add><![CDATA['notify_boards_reply' => array(
/*
@additional_params: notify_boards_reply
@description:
*/

You can see it at
{TOPICLINK}

{UNSUBSCRIBELINK}

{REGARDS}',
),
]]></add>
</operation>

<operation><!-- 1. -->
<search position="replace"><![CDATA['body' => 'A new topic, \'{TOPICSUBJECT}\', has been made on a board you are watching.]]></search>
<add><![CDATA['body' => 'A new topic, \'{TOPICSUBJECT}\', by {POSTERNAME} has been made on a board you are watching.]]></add>
</operation>

<operation><!-- 2. -->
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[A new topic, \'{TOPICSUBJECT}\', has been made on a board you are watching.]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[A new topic, \'{TOPICSUBJECT}\', by {POSTERNAME} has been made on a board you are watching.]]></add>
</operation>

<operation><!-- 3. -->
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[A new topic, \'{TOPICSUBJECT}\', has been made on a board you are watching.]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[A new topic, \'{TOPICSUBJECT}\', by {POSTERNAME} has been made on a board you are watching.]]></add>
</operation>

<operation><!-- 4. -->
</operation>
</file>

<file name="$languagedir/ManagePermissions.english.php" error="skip">
        <operation>
<search position="before"><![CDATA[$txt['permissionhelp_mark_notify'] = 'Notification on new topics is a feature that allows a user to receive an email every time a new topic is created on the board they subscribe to.';]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[
// Added by Board Notification Mod
$txt['permissionname_mark_notify_more'] = 'Request notification on new replies for subscribed boards';
$txt['permissionhelp_mark_notify_more'] = 'Addition to the notification on new topics which allows a user to receive an email every time a new reply is created on the board they subscribe to.';]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

valmiki

Dear Sabre,

I am using SMF 2.0.2 in italian.
This morning I have changed the admin language to English and tried to write a reply:
The email template "notify_boards_body_reply" could not be found.
So unless there isn't another place where I need to change the language as well, it might mean that your solution wouldn't work unfortunately ... :(
If you want, still I could apply your solution to see what happens but first you have to give me one more clue since I am not sure where I have to put the code you gave me ...  :P
Anyway, I greatly appreciate your help and I hope that I can quickly fix this problem since my users are screaming right now to get this option available ... upsy!

P.S. Sorry it took me so long for this reply but I expected a notification which never arrived. I guess they are turned on automatically when one writes a topic or replies to one ... upsy again! Now I have asked for notifications.

valmiki

... thinking about it ... it just came to me that you thought I have SMF in Spanish and asked me to fill up missing strings in that language. Well, now you know that my SMF is in Italian coz I am Italian and do live in Italy now but my native tongue is Spanish so even though I haven't a great vocabulary I am sure I could help you filling out the missing strings just, as I asked before let me know a little more in detail how to do it. It would be a pleasure to contribute since so much as been given to me.

Advertisement: