News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

upgrading database version

Started by cubetgio, June 01, 2009, 06:45:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubetgio

Hello,

Somebody could give me an advice to upgrade my database or where to download upgrade.php ?

error message that i get when i try to delete a topic:

"Unknown column 'bc.categoryID' in 'on clause'
File: /web/sites/vhbu3/0/224/52739/public/forum/Sources/RemoveTopic.php
Line: 239

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.9, while your database is at version 1.1.1. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php. "

JBlaze

Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

cubetgio

babjusi

Did you do any modification at all to your forum prior to getting the error?

cubetgio

sure I test a lot of mod installing and uninstalling but i didn't keep the tracking of all that.. :-X

JBlaze

Execute the follwing query in phpMyAdmin
What is phpMyAdmin?

UPDATE `smf_settings` SET `value` = '1.1.9' WHERE `variable` = 'smfVersion' LIMIT 1
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

ade9ja

Hello jblaze i am also encountering such problem database error, below is the error message i got after upgrading from smf 1.1.5 to smf 1.1.9.

Unknown column 'a.file_hash' in 'field list'
File: /home/naijavoi/public_html/Sources/Display.php
Line: 711

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.9, while your database is at version 1.1.5. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.
l
Tips on troubleshooting, installation, upgrading and general maintenance of your PC from the computer planet on www.mypchub.com

青山 素子

How did you do the upgrade? If you used the manual upgrade did you run the upgrade.php script?
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

ade9ja

I up grade from the control panel of my server and i do not run the upgrade.php script because i never know neither do i know how to run it, please help me.
the error message have left when i disable the attachment folder button under the admin panel but i want to enable it without encountering such error for my members to be able to attach file.
my forum site is www.naijavoice.com you can try to attach a file and see what i am talking about ,the attach button is not even available because i have disable it for the error to go away.
Tips on troubleshooting, installation, upgrading and general maintenance of your PC from the computer planet on www.mypchub.com

青山 素子

You upgraded through Fantastico?
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

kilcreek

I am receiving the same error message.  Turning attachments off allows posting to the forum.

yes, I used Fantastico to upgrade to 1.1.9

青山 素子

It looks like the Fantastico folks forgot to do the database change. Not surprised, their "updates" have broken forums in the past.

If you don't have any modifications or customizations, download the small update package from our downloads area and do a manual update as detailed on our online manual.

If you have customizations, it's going to be a bit more difficult for you. You'll need to grab the small update package and just upload update.php and the .sql files ONLY. Once done, follow the update procedure.

We recommend you use SMF's internal update functionality or do manual updates in the future. Updates through Fantastico (and even installs in many cases) just don't work properly.
Motoko-chan

Trekkie101

I've sent off a bit of a scalding email, hopefully they get the message :)

kilcreek

ade9ja

Thanks Motoko-chan for the lecture and enlighting but how can i do the manual update because i have downloaded the package, please kindly explain?

ade9ja

how to i do the manual upgrade please?

青山 素子

Motoko-chan

ade9ja

I have already done the upgrade of the smf forum to 1.1.9 but i encounter an error message whenever i want to view the post, fortunately the error gone away when i disabled the attachment folder in the admin panel, with this i can't upload an image file, i can't attach a file to post and also i can't delete a post as the admin when i try i still got the error message below.

"Unknown column 'a.file_hash' in 'field list'
File: /home/naijavoi/public_html/Sources/ManageAttachments.php
Line: 570

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.9, while your database is at version 1.1.5. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php."

please how can i upgrade the database because i have downloaded the file updatedatabase.php but i don't know how to upgrade the database any way even manually, please kindly explain to your poor boy.
my forum site is www.naijavoice.com

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hi, the error is because of DB changes between 1.1.8 and 1.1.9 that are not currently implemented in your installation, even though your files think so. ( So your files are up to date, your DB is not. )

If you have the updateDatabase.php, just upload it to your forum root - and point your browser to it. In a few seconds your forum should work, even though the script only shows you a white blank page.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Realinfo

I tried updatedatabase.php but I guess It not able to change my database ver as still I get that error..............

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.10, while your database is at version 1.1.5. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Advertisement: