2 shared forum help

Started by Mraza, June 16, 2009, 04:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mraza

can any body help me about THIS TOPIC....THANKS
Signature:
Old Software Engineers Never Dies, They Just Log Out...
! ! ! ! ! 5 Best Movies Thread ! ! ! ! !

Mraza

bump

i have installed 2 forums in one database and share only members, membergroups, themes and attachments tables but i can't find these syntex :
{$db_prefix}im_recipients
{$db_prefix}instant_messages

and i cant find the updateSettings(array in subs.php     ...please any help

Edit: and when i post on my second forum i can see the topic has been posted but when i click to show the content i  got this error "This topic doesn't exist on this board. " what is happening :| and in my forum stats i got this :

Latest Post: "" ( )
Signature:

Mraza

bump please anybody kat H LexArma help

<<<<<<<My condition is exactly like my avatar now
Signature:

Mraza

thanks fir that...
Quote from: mraza on June 17, 2009, 03:32:25 AM
and when i post on my second forum i can see the topic has been posted but when i click to show the content i  got this error "This topic doesn't exist on this board. " what is happening :| and in my forum stats i got this :

Signature:

Mraza

i just want to share the members profile, personal messages, and post count....like on forum one we are discussing the web development and on 2nd forum we are discussing about programming.....there are the same users but will work on two forum...
Quoteand when i post on my second forum i can see the topic has been posted but when i click to show the content i  got this error "This topic doesn't exist on this board. " what is happening :| and in my forum stats i got this :

Signature:

Mraza

well i had already installed one forum with prefix smf_ then i install second forum with prefix smf2_...then i change these codes to all available files in sources directory of second forum as describe below:

{$db_prefix}membergroups" => "smf_membergroups"
{$db_prefix}members" => "smf_members"
{$db_prefix}themes" => "smf_themes"
{$db_prefix}log_karma" => "smf_log_karma"
{$db_prefix}log_online" => "smf_log_online"
{$db_prefix}log_floodcontrol" => "smf_log_floodcontrol"

then i can see the theme has been shared and the member but i can't see the profile from my second forum and if i will post something i can see the title will come up on the board but when i will click it i will get this error "This topic doesn't exist on this board. "...
Signature:

Mraza

the first forum is running without any error, these all concern to 2nd forum. ok the problem was i need to share the profile_comments tables and invite table...that's done...i can see the profile now from second forum. now my main problem is
when i post on my second forum i can see the topic has been posted but when i click to show the content i  got this error "This topic doesn't exist on this board. " what is happening :| and in my forum stats i got this :

[/quote]
Signature:

Mraza

Signature:

Mraza

bump Nas ! you are here can you help in this please
Signature:

Mraza

ok thanks for your reply well when i took a look in my phpmyadmin i check it very closly ..whenever i make a topic in my 2nd forum which is causing the problem my these tables in phpmyadmin are being affected :

<<<<<<<<<THIS IS REALLY MY SITUATION NOW)

1. smf2_log_search_subjects
2. smf2_log_topics
3. smf2_topics
4. smf_log_online
5. smf_messages
6. smf_sessions

i mean they are increasing by one whenever i make a new thread but if i will click the post title to watch the thread i see this message "This topic doesn't exist on this board. " in my 2nd forum...any suggestions  thanks

Signature:

Mraza

oopssss  what a miss ...thanks bro its ok now...

edit: the second thing i want to ask i want to share the mod packages...which tables i need to share? thanks

and is it possible to show the whole info center of first forum on second forum?
Signature:

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: mraza on June 19, 2009, 04:29:08 PM
edit: the second thing i want to ask i want to share the mod packages...which tables i need to share? thanks
The actual packages are files on your server, so no way to share them through the database.
If a mod adds something to the database, then it depends on the mod what you would need.

Quote from: mraza on June 19, 2009, 04:29:08 PM
and is it possible to show the whole info center of first forum on second forum?
No easy way I can think of, except hard coding the database tables to use, directly in the code.
And I wouldn't have a clue as to where to start...
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: