Good Post/Bad Post Mod

Started by OutofOrder, June 17, 2009, 10:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheListener

Quote from: GZ06 on May 18, 2013, 01:14:28 PM
Quote from: CheeseHead05 on May 17, 2013, 12:52:55 AM
Hi,

I would like to know how do I make it possible for every member to be able to vote on a post because currently I am the only able to do so.

go to admin panel and look at member groups permissions.

Er I suggest you read the previous post.

::)

CheeseHead05

Old Fossil,

I went into the membergroups' permission and saw nothing in reference to GPBP. I dont even know what and what not to check..Im stuck!

re1lazz

how to make "Respect points" only show on profile?

re1lazz

CheeseHead05

Does anyone know if it is possible to hook the GP/BP mod up to SMF gallery?

Thanks in advance!

G6

Is it possible to order topics in a board based to their votes? For example i have a board where people can make topics and upvote/downvote them, and i want to order them by their votes, 1st topic has +20, 2nd has +12, 3rd has +7 and so on, and of course the opposite, 1st -2, 2nd -1, 3rd 2. If it's not it would be an awesome update.

Problem, cannot install it.
I use SMF 2.0.4 on a local server, i tried the latest version of "Good Post/Bad Post Mod" and it says "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.". Dunno what's wrong.

Nevermind, i just emulated the mod to SMF 2.0 RC4 and it worked.

Jorge D. Fuentes

Is there a way to reset EVERYONE's Respect Values back to Zero?

I installed this mod and we've had some issues with it, because I enabled negative posting in addition to anonymous voting....
In hindsight, I should have realized things would go awry:

-It seems that people are creating drone/duplicate accounts just to +1 themselves, or to -1 someone they dislike.  Even with a minimum post count, this still happens.  There's no real way to check.
-People are starting to derail topics whenever their posts get -1'd, "Who the hell -1'd me!?  Show yourself!"
-Some people are purposely trolling in order to see who can have the highest negative score.

So I'd like to reset everyone to Zero, then disable negative posting, and enable showing who posted.
I feel that, if I enable showing who posted, it'll only generate more forum strife between members.

I'm using GP/BP 2.0.4, and my SMF is version 2.0.3.

CheeseHead05

Does anyone know why when I install this mod and turn it on, it turns the board grey. But when I uninstall the mod, my board goes back to white...Any ideas? Also, it collapses posts and reads "hidden show this post." which I dont want.

TheListener

From what I can see judging by the images on the mods first post that is supposed to happen.

:)

CheeseHead05

TheListener

CheeseHead05

Oooookkkkkk! Gotcha! It worked! Thanks Old

Bigiain

Does anyone know a way I can include top posts in a SimplePortal block? Is there a quick snippet of BBC or PHP I can drop in?

Skaty

Quote from: Bigiain on July 02, 2013, 08:21:06 AM
Does anyone know a way I can include top posts in a SimplePortal block? Is there a quick snippet of BBC or PHP I can drop in?

i wonder that too

DeroZ

anyone can help me?, i want move  to the right of check box.

DarthRiddle

Can anyone update this so it works with the new SMF 2.0.4?

Skaty

i think there is no options to give a time limit for votes ?

orlandoryo

Years later and nothing on 2.0.4...  :-\

CheeseHead05

I installed a new theme. my GP/BP icons are not showin up on my forum but I transferred all the files to my theme's "image" folder. I have even tried adding the files to the default/images as well as my custom theme's images/posts folder but nothing..any ideas?

InSanitySA

This mod looks awesome cant someone make something similiar for 2.0.4 ?

Advertisement: