Need latest topic/posts nested on front page (like wwwboard)

Started by jaymer, March 30, 2005, 04:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaymer

hi everyone

I have a need to mimic the view of the old WWWBOARD (matts script archive).  There is an example here: http://factotem.org/cgi-bin/kneebbs.pl [nofollow]

The requirement for this guy is that he wants it to look easy and simple when someone (an idiot) comes to his forum - the way most forums look he says is too complicated (yeah, right, tell that to the millions of forum users).  Anyway, if you see the above website, you'll see its a simple list of recent topics & nested replies (sorted in desc date order).

Is there a way to make a view like this - he's got no problem with them going into a regular topic view once they click on any topic/post.

thx very much
jaymer...

jaymer

thx for the reply.
maybe i should have stated that i'm already using Simplicity.  ...maybe I should check over there at their forums  :-[

Simplicity is nice and clean... but i need to expand that list of "Recent Post" or "Recent Topics" (depending on how you have the theme configured) to be the nested view that I'm looking for.   Personally I think the list of Recent Posts/Topics that Simplicity provides is fine... but since it doesn't look like WWWBOARD, then my guy isn't interested.  ::)

thx again
jaymer...

Advertisement: