News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Could I get a list of theme sites - preferable with free themes?

Started by DreamBliss, April 01, 2005, 07:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreamBliss

I'm using phpNuke for my main site with the NukeTechv2 theme installed, which I'm currently happy with. But I need a good techy - preferably flash enabled - theme for smf. I can't seem to find any theme sites - I searched but all I've found so far was the thread here. If anyone knows of any sites where I could get ahold of some themes for smf could you direct me to them?

Thanks!
- Deathbliss

Trekkie101

This is THE site, there arent other theme distro sites (as of yet, hopefully none either)

Miraenda

Actually, though, the theme thread here leaves a lot to be desired for ease of seeing what the themes really look like, so here is a thread on Oldiesmann's forum that has all the themes listed:

http://smf.oldiesmann.us/index.php?topic=46.0

Just click on a theme to see what each one looks like before spending time installing it.

Bloc has a dropdown on his site for all his themes at http://bloczone.net on the right hand side.  Just pick the theme, click the change button, and you can view the board using it.

ViSioNaRy

Once the themes are on Oldies site then someone needs to just add a link to check them out from here on the official Theme page. That would help alot.  :)
ViSioNaRy   ;D

bloc

I think oldesmann's site is great. But in here we could benefit from a section like the mods, even just using the mods, along with some sort of quick overview of the small thumbnails used in the themes thread now.

Or better yet, if the themes themselves was in a separate board(sub-board) a modified theme could be made to show it as a gallery of sorts. I see these things needed:

- one thread per theme
- no reply function, its just a showcase/info thread.
- edit only for creator/SMF team
- ability to attach thumbnails, perhaps with limit on size? Need just thumbnails,like current.
- messageview show first attachment next to name to get a quick look.

Just an idea.

DreamBliss

Well I think we need more themes - ESPECIALLY flash enabled ones, and unfortunately I'm completely Flash-illiterate. I don't agree with the whole phpNuke sell theme thing - I wouldn't ever support that. But I do support members that love these forums making themes to FREELY share with other members. Especially members with artistic ability and Flash skillz.

I'll check out the link, but I admit I'm a bit dissapointed at the lack of theme selection -
- Deathbliss

bloc

When you say flash-enabled - do you mean themes with headers in flash etc.?

DreamBliss

Yeah.. Nice flash effect buttons, menus, etc. Techy stuff that makes you think back to the Playstation 1 and Wipeout. You guys ever see the Wipeout website back when they were pushing Fusion (if I recall correctly)? I have no idea how it looks now, but back then it was something else. Anyhow the closest I've gotten is my phpNuke theme:
http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~nucleus/phpNuke/index.php

Expect some alignment issues if you're not using Internet Explorer. I apologize, but apparently some Firefox users are having trouble. Anyhow I need to find a theme for my forum that fits with the main page.
- Deathbliss

MrFlicks

Ok I visited OldiesMan's Theme site above and tried all the themes.

I could not find what I needed though.

I am trying to find how just to chamge the blue colour of default smf to a shade of plum and to change the buttons to remove SMF Logo to blank buttoms and thats it.

The grey of the default is real easy on the eye and better than white even and any other colour. 

How do  getthis?

Also

HOw would it be possible to make it so that surfers of your site could choose their own skin/theme themselves?

I meaan a site that changes skin/theme to the surfers taste rather than my own preffered coulour scheme.

I have just seen it in action (OK in a slightly different way with oldiesman/s site) so its possible I assume.  How can it be done?  Can we do it?

It would be a marvelous way to present a forum to the public.  Them being able to choose their own skin and would be a great advertising stategy for SMF I would have thought.
MrFlicks
Double T Teds ®™ 6028 Cartoon Characters www.doubletteds.com

www.tvworlds.com/forum (My SMF Forum)

www.HostTed.net www.AffiliatTed.com www.TransactTed.com www.Tted.co.uk

PopLife

Miraenda

On the idea of themes, I don't like the thumbnails at all for them.  I think rather than bothering with thumbnails, there should be a demo gallery just like phpBB has.  I mentioned this on this section of the forum before and another person did yesterday in the Showcase section.  By having a demo gallery, it would connect to this main board but not be an actual skin selection on this board itself, so you'd have to go in via the demo gallery to see that theme.  I really am not certain why that would be so difficult to do as the theme picker already exists as a mod (it is in most of Bloc's themes by default). It is just getting the themes together and setting up the demo area...

DreamBliss

Quote from: MrFlicks on April 02, 2005, 06:23:15 AM
Ok I visited OldiesMan's Theme site above and tried all the themes.

I could not find what I needed though.

I am trying to find how just to chamge the blue colour of default smf to a shade of plum and to change the buttons to remove SMF Logo to blank buttoms and thats it.

The grey of the default is real easy on the eye and better than white even and any other colour. 

How do  getthis?

Also

HOw would it be possible to make it so that surfers of your site could choose their own skin/theme themselves?

I meaan a site that changes skin/theme to the surfers taste rather than my own preffered coulour scheme.

I have just seen it in action (OK in a slightly different way with oldiesman/s site) so its possible I assume.  How can it be done?  Can we do it?

It would be a marvelous way to present a forum to the public.  Them being able to choose their own skin and would be a great advertising stategy for SMF I would have thought.

Go into Admin/Theme and Layout Settings and check the boxes you want to alow users to select their own themes. Go into Admin/Current Theme Settings to modify the template or CSS - the two links at the very top of this section. From here you can chnage the colors you want.
- Deathbliss

MrFlicks

I already paid a first payment to someone to change the clours I want, they just seem to be taking a long time over it.

So does the above allow the surfer to chose their own skin/theme?

as simply as it can be done here

http://smf.oldiesmann.us/index.php?topic=46.0

or is more needed as I am sure someone said above something else needed to be incorporated.
MrFlicks
Double T Teds ®™ 6028 Cartoon Characters www.doubletteds.com

www.tvworlds.com/forum (My SMF Forum)

www.HostTed.net www.AffiliatTed.com www.TransactTed.com www.Tted.co.uk

Lil One

Hey In oldies pages i liked the violet theme... where can i find the download for that theme?

thanks
You get what you want so be happy with it!

Advertisement: