News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Multiple Theme's so Surfers can choose their preference.

Started by MrFlicks, April 02, 2005, 07:40:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFlicks

I want my TVWorlds SMF forum To have a plum colour scheme as opposed to the blue of the default as the standard default for TVWorlds but I would like the surfers who join to be able to choose their own theme/skin so that the site can change look like it does with Oldiesmans smf test board site here

http://smf.oldiesmann.us/index.php?topic=46.0

Is this possible to do (It sort of must be as Oldiesmanns board shows) and if so how?

I believe this would be a great way to reatin members who have a preference of colours for any reason and also would advertise SMF to.

I tried asking this elsewhere but thought I wold start a thread about this subject.
MrFlicks
Double T Teds ®™ 6028 Cartoon Characters www.doubletteds.com

www.tvworlds.com/forum (My SMF Forum)

www.HostTed.net www.AffiliatTed.com www.TransactTed.com www.Tted.co.uk

nokonium

There is modding and modding.

When you run an update it will update the default theme but none of the modded themes, this is why the default should not be modded. However, if you only change the colours via the style.css your default theme can be any colours that you want. If you install themes as copies of the default you can then have as many different theme colours as you want. You can even add background textures or images.

A variation we have on our board is special contrasts for the colourblind and large fonts for those with problems seeing teeny fonts.

MrFlicks

Yeah a deaf, blind and nearly blind version as well would be good.

Oldiesmanns site as above is almost it as it has some of the behaviours that would be good.

I never thought getting a defult site with the blue of the smf default in plum would be quite so time consuming and complicated.

MrFlicks

nokonium

These thumbnails from somethings I designed, the top logo has been modded and the button set changed but the colour is all done with the css

MrFlicks

Totally over my head all that.  Im a salesmen not a coder! LOL

But I noticed something What was that about sound advice?

I was just wondering about Deaf people surfing the web and if they are able to have sound read from words on web pages.  (Not that that button above will have anything to do with that i dont suppose)
MrFlicks

nokonium

You don't have to be a coder, you just need a graphics program and find out what each bit of the stylesheet by changing something in the style.css file and looking to see what changed colour.

Advertisement: