News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 1.1.10 and 2.0 RC1.2 released

Started by Compuart, July 14, 2009, 07:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Compuart

Simple Machines announces the release of SMF 1.1.10 and 2.0 RC1.2, addressing a few vulnerabilities found in SMF 1.1.9 and 2.0 RC1-1. Also for those still using the SMF 1.0.x branch, an upgrade to 1.0.18 was released. We strongly recommend that all users upgrade as soon as possible.

Please note that SMF 2.0 RC1.2 is not the second release candidate for SMF 2.0, but merely a security-updated version of the first release candidate. RC2 is not quite ready yet, and the new Curve theme is still scheduled for SMF 2.0 RC2, as announced earlier. For more information read the latest developers blog entry about progress towards RC2's release.

Users running 2.0 RC1 will need to upgrade to 2.0 RC1-1 BEFORE upgrading to 2.0 RC1.2.

Upgrade automatically by visiting your administration center, where a notice will be displayed prompting you to upgrade. Click the link, confirm the changes and your forum will be up to date again. Additionally, you can upgrade using the package manager by downloading the attached patch, uploading it to the package manager, and applying it as prompted. For help with this refer to the Package Manager section of the Online Manual.

If you cannot upgrade using the package manager, please follow the instructions posted in the Online Manual about installing and upgrading. If you experience a session verification error when inputting FTP details for updating process, please see this topic.

It may be necessary to apply the upgrade manually if mod conflicts mean that you cannot install the patch through the package manager. Instructions for doing this can be found on this page for all versions.

Finally - please do not use this topic for any support requests. You will get a much more prompt response by visiting the relevant support board!

Regards,
Simple Machines
Hendrik Jan Visser
Former Lead Developer & Co-founder www.simplemachines.org
Personal Signature:
Realitynet.nl -> ExpeditieRobinson.net / PekingExpress.org / WieIsDeMol.Com

4Kstore

¡¡NEW MOD: Sparkles User Names!!!

GliG

Only Develop

N3RVE

Quote from: GliG on July 14, 2009, 08:52:28 PM
SMF 1.1.10xxxx will come ? :)

That's under probability, this is just a security update :).

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Amacythe

Two Face

Jntg4

I was just on SMF For Free's forum noticing it was 1.1.10, I was expecting a later release though.
Free Domain Name: http://www.co.cc/?id=167358

eslao

aldo

Arantor

Dermot

Just a lil note, i was using 2.0 RC1-1 and it does not, i repeat does not warn users to update and shows all ok

i manually updated and now shows 2.0 RC 1.2 in red

Another forum i admin was running 1.1.9 and it did prompt to update to 1.1.10 and both current and smf versions showing fine.

Just for clarification.

RoarinRow

Excellent, thanks for the update!   8)

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

Mick.

busterone

SlammedDime

Quote from: Dermot on July 14, 2009, 09:59:36 PM
Just a lil note, i was using 2.0 RC1-1 and it does not, i repeat does not warn users to update and shows all ok

i manually updated and now shows 2.0 RC 1.2 in red

Another forum i admin was running 1.1.9 and it did prompt to update to 1.1.10 and both current and smf versions showing fine.

Just for clarification.

That just means that the scheduled task for retrieving the latest JS files from SMF hasn't run... I have two test installs that it properly prompted for updating after I forced the scheduled task to run.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

sAce

updated !!! no probs

but i was really expecting 1.2 this time :(