News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Requesting a date of birth field upon registering on a smf webpage.

Started by Skuggan, July 23, 2009, 12:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skuggan

Hello,

I would like to see a toggle, on/off, for a date of birth field for users that registers on the website, and after they are done registering it applies that to their user profile. That way everyones birthday would be visible in the calendar, and also their age.

I know there is a user agreement where you agree to be above a certain age, but with this instead that wouldnt be needed as it would calculate their age and either deny or approve them. And users wouldnt have to manually change their birth dates in their user profile.

I'm using smf 1.1.10

Thanks for a wonderful application.

JBlaze

For 1.1.x, you can use the Custom Profile Fields mod which also allows certain fields to be on registration.

For 2.0, this is a standard feature.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Skuggan

deansmar

this is not standard in smf2 RC3,

one can not toggel the Birthdate on/off at Registration.

i am talking about the Profile Fields settings found in Standard Profile Fields, Active or Show on Registration, that is found in "Profile Fields" under  "Configuration"

one can enter in the Custom Profile Fields a Birthdate, but then there is two locations in the Forum profile that show the birthdate.

so i am asking for an extra check box in Configuration - Profile Fields -

Norv

I'm not sure I understand. What should this extra check box do?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

hvyhitter

it should require a user to enter their birthday on registering. Right now there is a profile field that isnt in the "Standard Profile Field" and there doesnt appear to be a way to set it so users MUST enter a DOB on registration. I found this thread by searching for that same problem I am running RC5 and would like to have users enter DOB on registration and it be that one that shows in their profile area on the left of their post (if you turn that on too)

Arantor

I wonder how this would work with different countries' privacy laws...

Advertisement: