News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Making Forms in posts...

Started by fionax, July 29, 2009, 09:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fionax

I am not sure where to put this... or what exactly what I am looking for is called....but here we go.

I run a roleplay forum (Yeah I am a nerd, I KNOW) and we are looking to make it so that the character applications are not visible to anyone but admins when posted. Granted, it is easy enough to block a board from the members, but then how would the hopeful members be able to apply?

What I am looking for is simple enough: A form with input boxes where they can fill it out and submit it, and then it posts in a private Admin only board. This way only the admins can see it while the members can still post it. I hope that makes sense.

Forum: www.absitomen.com [nofollow]
Version: SMF 2.0 RC3
Theme: Darkbreak
Host: Bluehost

Yahmez

You could make a post only board by using permissions. Then in the first topic post a template for members to fill out. Replies will only be seen by who you allow.

fionax

ah that is a good point... so make it post only, so they can't read them unless they are admins?

*headdesk* I can't believe I didn't think of that!

Yahmez

No problem. Two heads banging against the desk are better than one!  :D

If that works for you, could you click the topic solved link at the bottom?

fionax

there is only one issue... T^T... I can't seem to figure out how to make it post only! Read only is easy but post only... I am not sure how.

Yahmez

Instead of read only, use 'Reply Only'

fionax

I am an idiot. I thought I had the new SMF. I have 1.1.9 ><

Sorry to waste your time, I posted this in the wrong board. I don't think 1.1.9 has the ability to do reply only. at least, I can't find it in my permission options.

greyknight17

fionax, is this issue resolved now? The mod posted above seems to be what you are after and it should work fine with SMF 1.1.9. You might want to consider updating to SMF 1.1.10 as there have been security holes that are patched up.

fionax

Oh my. I am so sorry I missed that people replied since then ><

We have since upgraded to 2.0 RC3 and are currently trying to use the Custom Form mod... so yes, this particular issues is resolved!!!! Thanks so much!

Advertisement: