Show online action in profile

Started by Skoen, December 02, 2003, 06:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skoen

I had an idea of another information inserted in the Profile. At the Profile Overview you can see at status of whether the member is online or offline. Wouldn't it be great to have something like this:

If member is online, then add a field that asks Who.php, what is the member doing right now. And add a field below the status saying are the member Online or Offline.
If the member is online, then END (don't add a field).

I think that would be a great addition, not as a mod, but as a feature with an option in the Administration Center. An option if whether it should not show, be available for admin, available for admin, mods, available for all.
Alf Otto 'Skoen' Fagermo
Retired Norwegian translator

pulpitfire

If you're going to do that, why not put it in the memberlist, so you can see everyone at a glance?

Amacythe

I really like this idea, but I think the memberlist tends to get very cluttered with too much info.  I would prefer this option in the member's profile.  (or as an option to show in one or the other or both.)

Skoen

Glad to see that more would want this. In the member list there are too much information, and there it is enough to see whether they are online or offline.
Alf Otto 'Skoen' Fagermo

pulpitfire

maybe you could make the member list collapsable to accomodate more rows of information.

Skoen

ah, that's a nice addition. :)
To make the memberlist collapsable to view more information. Maybe even make a link from the Memberlist to the Who's Online as well ;)
Alf Otto 'Skoen' Fagermo

Advertisement: