News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Hide Topic Replies

Started by tyty1234, August 22, 2009, 07:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martingonnella

Hi,

I know this is cheeky, but could take a quick look? I did check myself, but I could have missed something.

Sapinho®

thank you tyty1234, =) regards

tyty1234

Quote from: Martingonnella on July 31, 2011, 07:16:36 PM
Hi,

I know this is cheeky, but could take a quick look? I did check myself, but I could have missed something.

Everything looks like its there...maybe clear the forum cache?

Quote from: Sapinho® on August 01, 2011, 02:29:14 AM
thank you tyty1234, =) regards

You're welcome :)
My Activity: Inactive
My Links: tyty1234's SMF Site | SMF Package Parser | SMF Helper | My Mods [5]
Subscribe to my SMF blog for updates
PMs for support will not be accepted, unless requested otherwise.

moguns

Can you please up date this mod to 2.2?

PLEASE

shyrax

Is it possible to apply this mod to a specific membergoup and only on one certain board? ie. I want membergroup "Allies" (which is group 15) to not see the replies on board "Upcoming Events" (which is board 11).

lttung

I installed this MOD very long time, now working good with new update (SMF 2.0.7)

But now, i don't need user this mod, when i go to packages, can't uninstall, Hide topic Replies in:  Not Uninstallable (no uninstall section for this version of SMF)

How to uninstall. Thanks.

simplebeer

Also no install, is it because tyty1234 is  Inactive ?

Is there another mod like this one? Can't find it  :-[
Sorry for my poor English, but i think it's probably better then your Dutch :)

margarett

You have emulate 2.0
How can I install a mod that doesn't work in my SMF version?

edit: same for lttung and his "uninstall" problem.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

simplebeer

Thanks it works!

Here is the dutch version  ;)

Quote// Hide Topic Replies Mod.
$txt['hideTopicReplies'] = 'Verberg Topic reacties voor gasten';
$txt['hideTopicReplies_notify'] = 'Hallo Gast! De %2$s in topics zijn verborgen voor gasten. Je mist op dit moment %1$d %2$s. Registreer jezelf of login om de %2$s te bekijken.';
Sorry for my poor English, but i think it's probably better then your Dutch :)

veggiemate

I'm looking at installing the version 1.7 on my forum which is presently running 2.0.5.

The installation can't be done via the package manager as it appears that the support ended at 2.0.

So I'm looking to do things the manual way.....which is a first for me.

Anyhow, I hit the "Parse" button for 2.0 and was presented with the necessary file/code changes which I've made to the relevant files and am now ready to upload/overwrite via FTP.

However, I'm unsure as to what to do with the db_settings.php file. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Cheers

margarett

Don't go manual... Just emulate version 2.0
How can I install a mod that doesn't work in my SMF version?

If you still want to go with the manual changes, upload db_settings.php to you forum root (where SSI.php is) and run the file via browser, eg: www.yourforum.com/db_settings.php
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

veggiemate

Yes, thanks for the reply. I eventually figured out earlier today that one could install an older mod via the last emulated version for this mod which happened to be 2.0 in this instance. I backed up everything before I attempted this and kept my fingers crossed.....and hey presto, it worked like a charm.  Didn't even have to use my manually modded files after all.

Now that I've done this once, I'll be right to install the next 'older' mod  ;)

Thanks again.

Cheers

BillLeeDee

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I have a real need to use this mod (or one that provides similar functionality) but I haven't been able to get this to install or work with 2.0.13. I attempted it under emulation and the install still fails. The only thing I haven't tried is attempting to install it to a clean 2.0.13 install as I would have to shut down my forum to do so.

It appears the developer is MIA and haven't heard back to the email inquiry I sent them. If anybody can provide me with a working solution I would be most grateful.

Portugal

Cool mod and very useful, if a bit changed on certain funtions, like to permit select boards to this funtion be active. If that mod gets new update, please let me know.

Thanks

Quote from: radiocitybill on March 25, 2017, 08:27:17 AM
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I have a real need to use this mod (or one that provides similar functionality) but I haven't been able to get this to install or work with 2.0.13. I attempted it under emulation and the install still fails. The only thing I haven't tried is attempting to install it to a clean 2.0.13 install as I would have to shut down my forum to do so.

It appears the developer is MIA and haven't heard back to the email inquiry I sent them. If anybody can provide me with a working solution I would be most grateful.

BillLeeDee

I'm actually working with a paid coder to update the mod to work with 2.0.13. Perhaps I'll run this by them to see if it's economically feasible to add that feature.

Arantor

Problem is you'd not be legally allowed to redistribute it since there's no licence on the mod granting redistribution so unless your paid coder rewrote it from scratch, you'd not be able to give the mod to people (on the basis that the original code is still copyrighted and no permissive licence)

BillLeeDee

I'm not planning on giving it to anyone, I just need its functionality for my forums. If the original developer was still around I would ask them to update it.

Arantor

That part is fine. It's the part where you were going to ask your dev to add something, as if you were going to share the result... that part would be a problem.

Advertisement: