News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

dQuoteSelection

Started by digger, August 22, 2009, 08:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chalky

Has anyone found a way of using this alongside the normal quote facility rather than replacing it?  I like it, but not enough to forgo the one I already have.

FrizzleFried

Not sure what you mean... if you don't select any text and just hit QUOTE... it works just like the normal QUOTE.  Otherwise,   highlight what you want and then click QUOTE to only quote what you highlighted.

Chalky

Oh.  Mine doesn't.  It's installed on my test forum and if I don't select any text and press the button, it just takes me to the quick reply box and a blank one at that 

So any ideas what I'm doing wrong?  It installed ok and when I select text before hitting the button, it works just like it's supposed to.  I'm on 2.0.2.

Correction:  Sorry it does quote the whole text as normal, but still puts it in the QR box.  I don't want to use QR for normal quotes...

FrizzleFried

AH... I like it going to the QR personally (I have the mod which includes the smileys/bbc buttons on it)...

I am sure it's just a setting somewhere... there is a mod on here that forces QUOTE to the full editor if I recall correctly...

Chalky

Thanks, I'll have a play over the weekend :)  My normal quote was using the full reply box quite nicely without this mod - I don't like mods overwriting processes they don't need to...  ;)

FrizzleFried

Strange... according to this mods author the normal behavior with QUICK REPLY enabled is for quote to go to QUICK REPLY... but this mod changes that.

What do I know?

:)

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1431

DSystem

Working perfect smf 2.0.8

Brazil Portuguese translation attached.

Westwegoman

In SMF 2.0.9, when using a regular quote, it shows the text as "Quote (selected)" instead of quote. How would this be changed so that "Quote" shows above the actual quote like so:

QuoteA quote

Westwegoman

Figured it out.

Stop Quote (selected) from showing in post when a regular quote is used from the bbc buttons with "dQuoteSelection" mod installed.

In Sources/Subs.php

Find:
$txt['quote']

Replace with:
$txt['quoted']

In Themes/default/languages/index.english.php
Find:
$txt['quote'] = 'Quote';

Add after:
$txt['quoted'] = 'Quote';

zorer

Hi, i been installed this mod but nothing happens, no errors, it's just like the normal quote, my theme it's "Anecdota", the mod it's installed, the files are in the correct path, i have the option in the menu, but is not working.

Any hint?

Thanks.

Steve

Are you highlighting text in the post you want to quote? Just highlight any text, click 'Quote (selected)' and the part you highlighted should show up in the post you're about to make. If you click Quote (selected) without highlighting anything, it quotes the whole post just like regular quote does.

If you've done this then obviously it's a theme problem and I'll leave that to the author of this mod.
DO NOT pm me for support!

FrizzleFried

...care to elaborate on what bugfixes are included in the latest version?  I'm trying to determine if it's worth the hassle of upgrading my highly modified forum.

Thanks!

digger

Quote from: FrizzleFried on June 19, 2015, 12:13:27 PM
...care to elaborate on what bugfixes are included in the latest version?  I'm trying to determine if it's worth the hassle of upgrading my highly modified forum.
Thanks!
There is two changes:
1) Input focus set to the textarea when you quote text selected.
2) If nothing selected and quick reply collapsed - full quote goes to a full reply form (like default SMF behavior).

You can upgrade mod easily, because it works without forum and themes code changes.

Steve

Hey digger ... how difficult would it be to add a context menu function? In other words, one would highlight the text to be quoted and then right-click and select 'quote selected' which would do the same as scrolling up and clicking the 'quote selected' button.

digger

Quote from: Steve on July 27, 2015, 04:27:05 PM
Hey digger ... how difficult would it be to add a context menu function? In other words, one would highlight the text to be quoted and then right-click and select 'quote selected' which would do the same as scrolling up and clicking the 'quote selected' button.
I have a test version with this feature. I will add it to the mod as additional option.

Steve

brynn

Love this mod!

Any chance to have it work in PMs?

debiwebi

I apologize for the length of this post, thanks for your patience.

I've had my forum for about a year and a half. I'd been using the Sunset theme, and then a few months ago decided to eliminate it because there were some Mods I wanted that would not work with it, so now everyone is using the default theme Curve.

I have a member who has problems taking partial quotes. Most of my other members don't use quoting at all, they don't understand the concept. ONE member who was always using the Insert Quote button has since learned how to take partial quotes and seems to be okay with it. The member with problems is insisting that the quoting problems started when I eliminated the Sunset theme. I'm sharing his complaints below. He says brackets get inserted into the post, extra formatting tags, font size changes—and they can't be deleted or cleaned up. I've noticed a few times he was missing the end quote tag.

Note: About 2 weeks ago I moved my forum to a different server: fresh install of SMF, fresh install of plugins. The transition went smoothly, no problems. Everything appears to be working just fine—for me.

So my questions are, has anyone heard of these types of problems associated with using dQuoteSelection with the SMF default theme? If so, how do I fix this? Or is it operator error? This member does tend to cut and paste from other web sites, which causes a lot of formatting tag problems, but he's saying that even quoting within my forum causes big problems for him.

From the member (I'd direct quote here but it's in an area not accessible to Guests, http://speakingofseth.com/index.php?msg=5932):

The main recurring things I have seen for me and other users:

*Quoting from any other site will cause all sorts of craziness  in formatting(I stopped quoting from any website a week after the change, noticing it was happening

*Quoting just from this website, literally a thread where you quote what someone said with the Quote button will cause extra [ ] brackets to show up all over the place. I've had as many as ten or more where there should have been none, other than open quote / end quote etc.

*Manually removing the weird formatting used to work, like say 8 weeks ago, I did that as a workaround to get my posts readable again.
Now, when I quote anything, it forces anything I write inside the [ end quote] tag, no matter how many times I retype it, or how it is formatted, it wont show any non quote text, and all the tags were in their normal places.

*Quoting anything (when it works normally) will result in extremely small text font size for one or two lines, or entire paragraphs. Sometimes manually highlighting and changing it works, other times not.

**Quoting anything (when it works normally) will result in extremely small text font size for one or two lines, or entire paragraphs. Sometimes manually highlighting and changing it works, other times not.  The smallest selectable font size is 8 PT, but the weird glitch makes the text about 1 or 2 PT size font.

I manually removed the CODE tag at the start of this post, but it keep putting everything in blue here, I didn't even do it on purpose.

Some mornings it just isn't worth
chewing through the leather straps.
~Emo

Unlimited Own Posts Editing Time

SethStudent

Type of error: Undefined
8: Undefined index:
File: .../Themes/default/languages/Dquote/.english.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 704

I'm getting this error from one member when she takes partial quotes. Her posts look fine. Any idea what this is about?

digger

Quote from: SethStudent on July 18, 2016, 12:37:56 PM
Type of error: Undefined
8: Undefined index:
File: .../Themes/default/languages/Dquote/.english.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 704

I'm getting this error from one member when she takes partial quotes. Her posts look fine. Any idea what this is about?
There is no 700 lines in the /Dquote/.english.php file. Search this error somewhere else.

Advertisement: