News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Each Cat/Board with its own theme

Started by ratboy3474r7, December 02, 2003, 10:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratboy3474r7

I run one forum for several different projects/domains, and since Simple Machines themes seem to be fairly easy to apply, it would be very useful to be able to specify a particular theme for each Category and/or Board.

At its simplest, I suppose the forum admin would specify a theme for each Cat/Board.  More complex (and possibly not very useful) would be allowing the user to specifiy a theme for each Cat/Board.  [I guess it comes down to design philosophy:  Who knows best- the admin or the user?]

Tyris

I think this would conflict far too much with the current method... coz at the moment users select their theme... so unless you let them set one for each board... it wouldn't really work that well... unless you disabled user selectability completely.

That being said... I think it would definately be something nice to see as a mod... and one which I'd happily help write or something (I may end up using it for my forums... tho I think I'll just allow my users to choose).

[Unknown]

bostasp

Tyris

whoa... cool ^_^

can I ask whether user chosen templates will be used instead of a default section one? is it choosable..? or what..?

Tomer

That will look kinda dumb, do you have the URl of wherer you saw it? The forum would look messed up.

Tyris

@ Lamper... I think you -might- misunderstand... each categorie on the board index wont look different... just the pages within them... if you knew that already then just ignore this comment ^.^

ratboy3474r7

pulpitfire

I already use this feature as a mod on YaBB SE.  You can make a different template for each board.

Advertisement: