Share This Topic

Started by Suki, September 06, 2009, 05:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyflash

When a visitor clicks on the Retweet button, the mod creates a message like this:

https://twitter.com/?utm_campaign=BloggerStanco&utm_content=180247732890513408&utm_medium=fb&utm_source=fb#!/BloggerStanco/status/180247732890513408

and ends the message with "via @$name", where "$name" is a name totally "invented" by the button and that has no relevance. Can you add a config for custmize the Twitter @username?

Suki

Quote from: Skyflash on March 15, 2012, 08:38:13 AM
When a visitor clicks on the Retweet button, the mod creates a message like this:

https://twitter.com/?utm_campaign=BloggerStanco&utm_content=180247732890513408&utm_medium=fb&utm_source=fb#!/BloggerStanco/status/180247732890513408

and ends the message with "via @$name", where "$name" is a name totally "invented" by the button and that has no relevance. Can you add a config for custmize the Twitter @username?

The via name is not invented...  please take a look closer to the source file before making any statement...

/* Replace the spaces (if any) in the forum name to  make a cool "via @my_forum_name" for twitter */
      $this->forum_name = str_replace(' ', '_', $context['forum_name']);

Yes I will include a setting for that.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Suki

Quote from: GlitchPC on March 15, 2012, 02:49:39 AM
Well...if it makes you feel any better...yours is the one I'm currently using...even though there's a conflict with another mod...or maybe more for that matter.

I'm not using the jquery, or the AddThis option of your mod, though.

I don't understand some of the responses I get from you, though.  It seems every time I make a comment about one of your mods you seem to think it's a personal attack on you...which it is not.

Just because I install another mod, or mods that conflict with yours does not make it my fault, either....now, does it?

And by the way...at no time did I ever make a personal request for you to design a mod, specifically, for my website.

You constantly make statements about my FAQ mod on other mod's support topic... about how my my mod is useless and stuff... which is unfair... my FAQ mod wasn't built to "compete" with the other mod, it doesn't have as much features as the other mod because it wasn't built to have that many features... it was built to be a lightweight mod.

You constantly say to me that after using one of my mods and found something you don't like you will use another mod...it feels almost as if you were threatened me: "I want to let you know that I'm not going to use your mod anymore and going to use x mod instead".

How would you feel if I start to post on your forum, found something I don't like and start telling everybody about leaving to another forum, then I'll go to that other forum and start telling about how bad your forum is?

How would that make you feel?

Just because I install another mod, or mods that conflict with yours does not make it my fault, either....now, does it?

You are the responsible for putting code on your forum, not me! I'm not forcing you to put bad code on your forum... I did as much as I as can on this mod to make it compatible with the vast majority of mods available, unfortunately, I can't control the way other people do code...
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Suki

Quote from: shubha on March 14, 2012, 11:18:04 PM
Thanks that the JQUERY (4.1.1 version) problem has been solved in wap version, which i already provide the error .Please update to everyone to update this version.

QuoteAgain do the wrong.
Now they are not show in one line if i will chose "below" where i have not try at "above".

If i will not enable the "Add this " in button settings. The G+ is very close to facebook icon. Therefore i have enable the "Add this" in button settings also.

You can fix that using css, every button has a class, you only need to apply a padding/margin to the g+ button.

GlitchPC

QuoteYou constantly make statements about my FAQ mod on other mod's support topic... about how my my mod is useless and stuff...

Show me where I said this...

QuoteYou constantly say to me that after using one of my mods and found something you don't like you will use another mod...it feels almost as if you were threatened me: "I want to let you know that I'm not going to use your mod anymore and going to use x mod instead".

Now...that's my prerogative...isn't it?  If I don't like a mod...it's my decision whether or not I want to use someone else's...correct?  It's common courtesy to let you know this.  It's not a personal attack on you...or your mod.  I just found something better.  Again...show me where I "constantly" say this...

QuoteHow would you feel if I start to post on your forum, found something I don't like and start telling everybody about leaving to another forum, then I'll go to that other forum and start telling about how bad your forum is?

I want to know, verbatim, where you've seen me write/post something...telling anyone how bad your mod is.  I want you to quote exactly what I said and post it here.  If you want to go to my forum and spam it...by all means...go right ahead.

Your behavior towards me has been nothing but childish...and I'm moving on from your mods and this thread.

I'd wish you luck but, personally, I could care less.

Suki

Please do not use any of my mods and if you do, I'm sorry, you are on your own, I'm just gonna ignore your requests.

You have all the right in the world to use whatever you want on your forum, it's your forum, not mine.

You have all the right of the world to say anything about my mods when you have something to say, for example, if my mods are full of bugs or are extremely difficult to install or doesn't install on your SMF version and you have to emulate and do template edits to make it work,  if that was the case, then yes, by all means do complain...

But when you complain because my mod doesn't work on your heavily modified forum and you tell me your "gonna find one mod that does just what I want" (like if I have the fault on that...)  then I'm sorry,   first of all, you won't find any mod that magically will suit your heavily modified forum right away...  this mod is the closest thing you will get, and yet you are complaining because it doesn't work as you want... and walk away telling me you will find something better even when I was given support to you...

If my mods are full of bugs and destroyed your whole forum then yes, complain as much as you want... but that was not the case... 

You uninstalled the FAQ mod because I refuse to add more features, not because my mod was bad...

You uninstalled this mod because this mod doesn't have the open graph crap facebook uses (yes is crap because it makes you modify a lot of things, add some metatags that brakes validation and it doesn't even guarantee the functionality that they claim to provide).

That's why I don't use the open graph thing, it is difficult already for one website to implement, imagine how difficult it is to make it work on thousands of forums with thousands of configurations.

I told you how can you disable the jquery effect, it was a couple of edits to the own mod file, which means it will never gonna brake your forum since you aren't touching your own forum files, yet, you decide to use another mod, and I'm pretty sure you had to do a lot more edits to make it work...  edits directly on your template files, which means it will only work on one theme.

That's why I don't understand when you clam that you will use something better...  does better to you means doing a lot of template edits?

It annoys me that if you have to do some small edits then suddenly you're gonna "find something better" and then you tell me that your gonna find something better: "hey fix my issue or else I'm gonna use something else"... that's the attitude I see when you say you are gonna use another mod... giving the impression that my mod doesn't work when in fact I'm given you support to make it work on your heavily modified forum... it is unfair...

If you found something better, good for you, please keep it to yourself, I'm not interested in knowing it, I don't find it to be courtesy, I find it as a way to put pressure on me to help you solve your issues...  which I don't mind doing it, but I also would like if you do not threaten me with "using something better"  if I don't fix your issues the way you want...  I'm sorry, I don't work like that.

Quote from: GlitchPC on March 08, 2012, 04:59:40 PM
However, just thought I'd let you know...I am looking into other alternatives.

Quote from: GlitchPC on March 09, 2012, 12:16:41 PM

Suki,

I've reverted all of the changes we made since the start of this request for support.  No offense but, I'm just trying to find a social networking mod that does what it's supposed to do without the need for a lot of edits...or, without it conflicting with other mods.

Quote from: GlitchPC on January 29, 2012, 11:26:42 AM

I had been using Suki's FAQ mod...but, decided against it...for numerous reasons.  To each, his own, I guess.  Personally...I'm liking this one much better and just want to thank you for an awesome mod!

Quote from: http://glitchpc.net/index.php?topic=263.msg871#newNo offense to the mod author but, I'd like to find a mod that has no conflicts with other mods...and simply does what I want it to do....which is share topics and posts to a user's social network the way it's supposed to.

I'm sorry, does my mod doesn't do what it's suppose to?

That is a serious claim you know, if you are gonna say something like that then you better have some evidence to back up your words.

GlitchPC

Funny how you see things in YOUR own mind...and how you put words into other people's mouths at your own discretion.
QuoteYou uninstalled the FAQ mod because I refuse to add more features, not because my mod was bad...

This is untrue.  I uninstalled it, because it was using way too many queries.  After I uninstalled it...you decided to recode the mod for file caching instead of using the database.
QuoteYou uninstalled this mod because this mod doesn't have the open graph crap facebook uses (yes is crap because it makes you modify a lot of things, add some metatags that brakes validation and it doesn't even guarantee the functionality that they claim to provide).

Partially true...  I uninstalled this mod due to the OpenGraph issue, yes.  Also for the other reason I stated...and this reason was due to the numerous mods I have installed which may be conflicting with it.  Which I did state in this thread.  Again...you're telling me why...and you really have no clue...only your pre-conceived assumptions as to what I may be thinking.  Apparently, you must be missing something in the translator you're using to translate my replies.

I said...
QuoteSuki,

I've reverted all of the changes we made since the start of this request for support.  No offense but, I'm just trying to find a social networking mod that does what it's supposed to do without the need for a lot of edits...or, without it conflicting with other mods.

Make sure you read the entire quote above.

You said...
QuoteThat is a serious claim you know, if you are gonna say something like that then you better have some evidence to back up your words.

I made no claims...I just stated what I wanted from a mod....without the need for edits...or, conflicting with other mods.  Which is what you said my installed mods were doing with your mod.

QuotePlease do not use any of my mods and if you do, I'm sorry, you are on your own, I'm just gonna ignore your requests.

You have absolutely no worries there...I removed all of those hours ago.

You have given me nothing but "attitude" from the get-go when I installed your FAQ mod and made a feature request.  You commented in that mod that I was "demanding" my request(s).  I'd like all who are reading this thread to read the posts I made in your FAQ mod to see if, at any time, I "demanded" anything.  Again...I think this has a lot to do with your translator and I will not make any further attempts to reply to any of your attempts to get me to do so.

What I find "hilarious"...is that while I was, at no time, rude or offensive...you, on the other hand, were "snotty" and "curt".

I have uninstalled all of your mods and have moved on.

Suki

It's funny how you don't comment about my explanation on how I feel and see your "I'm going to use another mod" phrases.  I did explained what I feel and yet you take the tangent and blame a translator, which BTW I don't use, so you are making the exact same "pre-conceived assumptions" you say I'm doing.

I told you I find it rude when you say "I'm going to use other mods".

Again, I was providing support to you, I told you how to disable the jquery effect, I did the changes myself instead of telling you how to do it, I was being nice but you decided suddenly to "find a better mod", if you  will do that anyway, why do you even post for support here then?  why waste your time?

It is unfair when you say this:

Suki,

Specially since you know you won't find a mod that will magically work on your heavily modified mod, so the claim that you will find a better mod is false, you aren't gonna find that mod, there is no mod that will fit your forum perfectly unless you write it yourself or pay for it.

It's unfair when you say my mod doesn't do what is suppose to do, just because you have to do manual edits doesn't mean my mod doesn't do what it suppose to do, it's unfair on your part to say that.

There aren't that many mods that uses hooks, that means the vast majority do file edits, template edits, naturally, this will cause conflicts with other installations, it's natural and it happens very often due the nature of SMF; however, this doesn't mean the mod doesn't do what it suppose to do like you say.

Every heavily modified forum will need to do manual edits, it is illogic to think that you will find mods that will work without doing any changes.

I think it's unfair on your part to say this mod doesn't do what it suppose to do just because you have to do manual edits.

If you have a clean 2.0.2 SMF installation and you install this mod and it doesn't work as expected, then yes, it is my fault and I will fix any issue.

anyway, I explained what I feel about your "comments", I just want to ask you to not do that again please.

Kindred

just to be clear here...   both the FAQ and the Share This Topic mods installed with no problems and no conflicts on my test forum with 160 other mods.................
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

busterone

160 huh?  Wow, I do remember reading about that test forum sometime back now.
I don't have near that many, only 28 mods installed, but it installed cleanly on mine as well.

Thanks Suki. It works well for me.  :)

luuuciano

Question... about the addthis analytics...
Can we change something to get analytics from our own website? do you know how addthis habdle that?
Maybe each domain/website has a code, that we can include... or something similar?

(it would be a nice feature too)

best regards
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Suki

I use a generic code for the AddThis script, if you want to have analytics then you need to register on their website, and they will give you your unique code/key.

It is to complex to add that as a feature due to the steps it needs, it will confuse some users.

It's pretty straight forward to change the code for your unique addthis script and with a few changes I plan to make for the next version, you won't even need to change code at all.

Bancherd

Using the latest version, working great.  Thanks.  :D

[Lucien]

Wow very nice mod!!

I'm using SMF E-arcade, how can i show the AddThis button on the arcade pages?
I'm using SMF 2.0.2 and SimplePortal 2.3.4

Suki

What is the action name for the arcade?  is it  action=arcade ?

[Lucien]

Quote from: Suki on March 21, 2012, 09:22:56 AM
What is the action name for the arcade?  is it  action=arcade ?

Yes it's /index.php?action=arcade :)

Suki

Open Sources/ShareThis.php  find.

/* Are we in the BoardIndex? */
      if (!isset($_GET['action']) && !isset($_GET['topic']) && !isset($_GET['board']))
         $AddThisEnable = true;

add below:

/* Are we in the arcade action? */
      if (isset($context['current_action']) && $context['current_action'] == 'arcade')
         $AddThisEnable = true;

[Lucien]

Thank you! That works great  :D

Stanyy

Hi Suki, thank you for this great mod.
But one thing is that i do not like the Like button format. I only want the Like button to show the simple count box instead of the long... be the first of your friends to like this... Please what do i have to edit. Thanks in advance.

Suki

The count box and the count button are only avaliable with the XFBML version of the like button, this mod sues the iframe version, you will need to implement the  JavaScript SDK to be able to use the count ox and/or the count button.

Advertisement: