[Accepted] Board tree at top more like YabbSE please :)

Started by catharton, December 04, 2003, 09:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catharton

Hello,

Everything seems fine here compared to YabbSE, except for the absence of the tree-like thing that told you which message board in which category you're in.

The thing that's replaced it looks like this:

Simple Machines Community Forum  |  SMF Support  |  Feature Requests  |  Start new topic

which looks too much like the menu directly above it, especially if someone were to use text instead of graphics for the menu. My users are very keen on using the message boards but they're not the most technically oriented people and I'd like to make an upgrade as easy as possible.

Please can we have the option of the old style YabbSE tree-and-branch thing? It looked a bit like this in case you can't remember:

#Simple Machines Community Forum:
I----#SMF Support:
       I----#Feature Requests:
              I----#Start new topic:

Thanks.

pulpitfire

you want that to be a user option instead of admin? i don't even know if the tree nav is still available in SMF.

Ben_S

Theres an option to switch between inline and tree, in fact the same option is there in yabb se.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

pulpitfire

Quote from: Ben_S on December 04, 2003, 09:50:50 AM
Theres an option to switch between inline and tree, in fact the same option is there in yabb se.

apparently the option is available if you are the admin.

Tomer

[Unknown]

Quote from: Lamper on December 04, 2003, 12:41:46 PM
duh

I'm sorry, but I think this comment is a little uncalled for.

Yes, the folder view is still alive and kicking.  It can easily be selected in the theme options.

-[Unknown]

catharton

:o

Don't worry, I'm not offended (too much)  :)

I don't have SMF installed (in fact I only recently noticed YabbSE didn't seem to be being updated much!) so I don't know what's available to admins yet. I usually wait for the release versions of software as I'm not a big fan of tinkering with beta versions.

If tree/folder option is in admin then I'm a happy bunny, say no more about it.

Thanks for replying so quickly.

[Unknown]

Are you kidding?  3 hours and 20 minutes is horrible!!!  I should be ashamed!

In my defense, I was sleeping at 6:20 am.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: