News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

NiceTooltips

Started by digger, September 14, 2009, 06:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbt

We have tried this on our 2.0 RC3 test forum and it works great. However, we just upgraded our working forum to 2.0 RC3 and installed this and it does not work at all. Have uninstalled and reinstalled more than once, cleaned cache, hard refreshed pages, made sure all is correctly edited in files, both files are in scripts folder. We are using the default curve theme if that matters, no other settings in admin that was seen, and attached is a screenshot of the settings in admin, exactly the same as the test forum. Have tried other numbers in Tooltip will popup only after a certain delay specified in millisecs. An integer value, test forum is a 0.

Thank You for any assistance.

TheListener

sbt

Where have you tried to view this?

Can we see a link to the forum?

sbt

Currently it is in maintenance mode while the other admins decide when to open it, so only the login page is viewable. The test forum was a 1.1.11 that was upgraded to 2.0 RC3 to make sure we could without losing anything or the mods and yesterday we upgraded from the 1.1.11 to 2.0 RC3 and reinstalled all the mods.

Is there any other setting in admin other than the screenshot attached and the permissions?

We are reopening later today so will post link so you can have a look. Thank You for the assistance.

GoldieFR

very neat
thank you !!  :D
SMF 2.0 RC3
my mods [nofollow]

sbt

Hello, we have reopened,
Our link is, http://forum.tutstop.com
Thank You.

TheListener

Quote from: sbt on May 12, 2010, 07:44:23 PM
Hello, we have reopened,
Thank You.

Were there any errors on installing the mod.

Nice color scheme by the way.

digger

Quote from: sbt on May 12, 2010, 07:44:23 PM
Hello, we have reopened,
Thank You.

You don't have this files:

/Themes/default/overlib_mini.js
/Themes/default/overlib_adaptive_width.js

sbt

Quote from: digger on May 12, 2010, 07:55:09 PM
You don't have this files:

Thank You for the assistance and the lovely compliment, I created that theme, lol.

No errors on install and since this is a copy of default curve theme, did make sure to install in other themes, no errors there either.

Hmmmm, it was there in the folder, so looked in server and it wasn't, uploaded both. Cleared cache, hard refresh and nothing still.
All the settings are on. Is there any other thing in admin to fill in or select other than the Modification Settings section in 2.0 RC3 please?
Gotta be missing something cause it works perfect at test forum.

Could try another un-reinstall if you think that may do it.

sbt

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, all files were cleaned of all coding [made sure], all files were installed correctly, only error was one of the codes on recent.php and it was edited correctly manually, all files are in every theme script folder, all settings are set and saved. Not working.
Does it have to use the add_settings.php in the database? It didn't need it at test forum and it is same server.
If it does, we tried it and got errors so we will need inbfo on how to do that please.
No clue what is wrong.

The theme we are using is a copy of default curve that we renamed and recolored. It did not have the languages folder, so added it there with the correct file needed for this mod.
Could that be overwriting? Cause it is the only duplicate since all others are in Sources.

Would you like any of the edited files?

Test forum where it works http://tutstop.com/testsmf2_forum
Working forum where it doesn't http://forum.tutstop.com

Installed mods at both forums are:
SimplePortal 2.3.2
Custom Board Sort 1.0.2
No Temp Directory Removal 1.1.6
Lots_o_Smileys     1.0     
Reason For Editing Mod     2.3.2     
WYSIWYG Quick Reply v2     RC3     
Bookmarks     2.3     
Signature Option Post     1.1.1     
Rename *Child Board* | S-Ace     1.0     
Activity_Bar     1.0.1.2     
First Post on every Page     1.3     
Curve_centered_menu     1.1     
Copy Topics     1.6     
Country Flags     1.1     
Google Translator Flags     1.0     
New In Topic View     1.1     
NiceTooltips     1.6     
Registration redirection     0.1     
Reply Button in All Posts     1.1     
Advanced Reputation System     1.8.1     
Date_Registerd on post     1.0     
Stop Spammer     2.3.7     
Favicon     1.3     
Birthday Posts     0.12.1 Beta

digger

Quote from: sbt on May 14, 2010, 11:27:41 AM
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, all files were cleaned of all coding [made sure], all files were installed correctly, only error was one of the codes on recent.php and it was edited correctly manually, all files are in every theme script folder, all settings are set and saved. Not working.

Copy files into this locations
and mod should be work.

sbt

You are so very awesome! It worked! Thank You so much. Love this mod. Thank You so much for the help. We are upgrading another forum of ours on Tuesday and will remember this trick.

digger

Quote from: sbt on May 14, 2010, 04:55:06 PM
You are so very awesome! It worked! Thank You so much. Love this mod. Thank You so much for the help. We are upgrading another forum of ours on Tuesday and will remember this trick.

This problem happens when forum is upgraded from smf1 to smf2 version. I will fix mod installer in the next release.

sbt

So glad it works, Not alot of clicking to read posts with this, love it.  Thank You again for the help and the awesome mod.

qubbah

Quote from: sbt on May 14, 2010, 06:24:40 PM
So glad it works, Not alot of clicking to read posts with this, love it.  Thank You again for the help and the awesome mod.

YES... i have same problem with u.. but now its going great.. thnk to all..

jimmy6154

Hi, great mod. Exactly what I've been looking for. Just two comments. Is their anyway for it to display just the image and not the text? As well as a way to increase the size of the image/attachment a bit?

thanks

Nickhead

mod installed fine, but when i go to post a thread, with attachments in line there is a problem.

i select the attachment, then how i want it to show in the post.

when i click the post button.

it refreshes the post page and clears all text boxes.  including the previous attachment.

2.0 rc3
newest tooltips.

i would like to add also, dunno if its possible as its another mod, but could it be done, the message preview, on the dynamic memberlist, or even the default memberlist?  not just on the side profile of posts?

great mod, i have it on another forum without the inline attachments also, i just dont know how to fix this error.

.Org, .Net, .Com

neo67

Hi digger,

I have no tooltipps on a SMF RC3 testinstallation.
The "overlib_mini.js" dont appears in the quellcode of the html page.
Have I to activate it somewhere else?

Thanks
neo67

pheasant_plucker

I love this mod but there seems to be a problem with some users on Iphone or Ipod
QuoteUsing an iPod Touch, tapping on a topic brings up the new panel that you see on a PC when you hover the mouse pointer over a topic on Recent Unread Topics, but that's as far as you can go
QuoteIt does it on my iPhone too, running the latest software on a 3GS.  If you select the new posts button it takes you to the thread page.  It seems to open the little box that cannot be closed on the new posts since last visit page....
QuoteSame here on iphone 4 with the latest software 
Any idea how to fix this? Using SMF1.1.11 and TP 0.9.8

Gerry

digger

Advertisement: