News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

NiceTooltips

Started by digger, September 14, 2009, 06:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azasmith

Good evening, I'm not sure how active development is here, but I'll ask anyway, is there anyway to disable this for mobile devices, iPad and iPhone seems to have issues with the hover (requires two presses to go into a thread now instead of just 1, Android is fine and ignores the hover event.) I don't want to disable hover on the entire board, as one tap would open profile dropdown menus etc, so maybe just on this tooltip.

And is it also possible to turn off the parsing of BBCode here. As I don't like the way it loads youtube videos and unresized images.

konstantinusz

Does this tooltip support images too?

digger

Quote from: konstantinusz on June 08, 2014, 03:28:27 PM
Does this tooltip support images too?
Tooltip show images from the message body.

vkmaxx

Excellent mode, works beautiful on 2.0.7!

konstantinusz

Thx, it works, even show images, but if the image is too big, it isn't scaled down. I think it would be handy an option to set to scale down the images to a certain size. And this code section is from one of the xml files:

<add><![CDATA[SUBSTRING(mf.body, 1, ' . (!empty($modSettings['NiceTooltips_lenght']) ? $modSettings['NiceTooltips_lenght'] : 385) . ') AS first_body]]></add>

It seems erroneous, "lenght" instead of "length". Am I rigth?

digger

Quote from: konstantinusz on June 08, 2014, 08:00:31 PM
Thx, it works, even show images, but if the image is too big, it isn't scaled down. I think it would be handy an option to set to scale down the images to a certain size. And this code section is from one of the xml files:
It's already in my to-do list for this mod.

<add><![CDATA[SUBSTRING(mf.body, 1, ' . (!empty($modSettings['NiceTooltips_lenght']) ? $modSettings['NiceTooltips_lenght'] : 385) . ') AS first_body]]></add>
It seems erroneous, "lenght" instead of "length". Am I rigth?
It's just a typo, does not affect the mod work.

Meen2007

Fix images max-width: 250px work for me
.nice_tooltip_bgclass, .nice_tooltip_fgclass img{
height:auto; max-width: 250px;

Sources/Subs.php
find :
.nice_tooltip_fgclass {
text-align: left;
background-color: ' . $modSettings['NiceTooltips_FGCOLOR'] . ';
opacity: ' . $modSettings['NiceTooltips_OPACITY'] / 100 . ';
}
.nice_tooltip_bgclass {
background-color: ' . $modSettings['NiceTooltips_BGCOLOR'] . ';
}

Replace :
.nice_tooltip_fgclass {
text-align: left;
background-color: ' . $modSettings['NiceTooltips_FGCOLOR'] . ';
}
.nice_tooltip_bgclass {
background-color: ' . $modSettings['NiceTooltips_BGCOLOR'] . ';
}
.nice_tooltip_bgclass, .nice_tooltip_fgclass img{
height:auto; max-width: 250px;
}

;D :D

MarkJ

I use large YouTube videos on my forum.  As a work around for this I just resized them so that now they look pretty good in the NiceTooltips box ...

Located this in /Sources/Subs.php

$body = htmlspecialchars(addslashes(parse_bbc($body, $smileys, $cache_id)));

Placed this below

$body=str_replace('571', '180', $body);
        $body=str_replace('950', '300', $body);

571 equates to the height and 950 equates to the width.  You could resize them completely to zero if you wanted and not have the video display at all.

Obviously you can add to the above to cover all the videos you might be using on your site.

I'm using the latest version of smf - 2.8.

Rk2910

Thanks Digger.
Seems it is not working for 2.0.8 - all I get is a tool tip of the topic line itself, nothing else.  Could it be the theme I'm using?  I'm using the Overview Light theme.
No failures on install.  refreshed browser, unless I didn't config something right (actually I didn't change any of the default settings)

amiralib

I update my PHP from 5.2 to 5.4 and my nice Tooltip dont show any thing now :(
does anyone have same problem?

digger

Quote from: amiralib on September 19, 2014, 12:42:54 PM
I update my PHP from 5.2 to 5.4 and my nice Tooltip dont show any thing now :(
does anyone have same problem?
Mod tested for PHP 5.4 & 5.5

420Connect.co.uk

Hi digger,

I started making a new thread then thought suggesting it here may be a better idea..

I'm currently using the NiceTooltips MOD and received a suggestion on my site regarding it that I would like to implement if possible..
(and others too if it made it to a new version?)

Basically, whilst on:

/index.php?action=unread
and
/index.php?action=unreadreplies

we can use the tooltips to preview the latest post, rather than the first post..

Thanks
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

Chas Large

Hi, I've been using Nice ToolTips on my forum for some time now but recently, members have complained that it's become erratic in how it works. Here are some screen shots of tests I've made to try and identify the issue, without success. I'm using version 1.9 by the way and have a 3000mS delay set but reducing this does not solve the problems.

1. The pop up does not appear when the mouse is hovered over the link.

2. The pop up appears but is empty - the most common issue.

The pop up works OK on both old and new topics so it does not seem time related in any way.
Old topic.

New topic.

There are no related error messages in the log.

So my questions are:
1. Has anyone else see either of these two issues?
2. If the issue is know, how can it be fixed.

Many thanks
Chas.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

digger

Quote from: 420connect.info on January 15, 2015, 01:53:13 PM
Basically, whilst on:
/index.php?action=unread
and
we can use the tooltips to preview the latest post, rather than the first post..
Maybe, I can add this with next mod version.

Quote from: Chas Large on January 28, 2015, 05:32:37 AM
Hi, I've been using Nice ToolTips on my forum for some time now but recently, members have complained that it's become erratic in how it works. Here are some screen shots of tests I've made to try and identify the issue, without success. I'm using version 1.9 by the way and have a 3000mS delay set but reducing this does not solve the problems.
I need to see the real examples.

420Connect.co.uk

Quote from: digger on January 28, 2015, 02:20:19 PM
Quote from: 420connect.info on January 15, 2015, 01:53:13 PM
Basically, whilst on:
/index.php?action=unread
and
Maybe, I can add this with next mod version.

~ Much appreciated! :)

www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

Chas Large

Quote from: Chas Large on January 28, 2015, 05:32:37 AM
[/quote]

Visit http://www.fiftyplusforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=95.0 and hover your mouse over the topic "BREAD" and you'll see the pop up appear but with no text from the OP.

You don't need to join to see it.

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Chas Large

Quote from: digger on January 28, 2015, 02:20:19 PM

Quote from: Chas Large on January 29, 2015, 03:52:43 PM

Visit http://www.fiftyplusforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=95.0 and hover your mouse over the topic "BREAD" and you'll see the pop up appear but with no text from the OP.

You don't need to join to see it.

Did you check these out? any ideas as to the problem?

Please bear in mind there is a 5 second delay set before the tooltip appears.

digger

Quote from: Chas Large on February 11, 2015, 12:23:08 PM
I see it, but I can't reproduce itself. Did you have any errors in the forum log?

Chas Large

Quote from: digger on February 11, 2015, 02:17:01 PM
Quote from: Chas Large on February 11, 2015, 12:23:08 PM
I see it, but I can't reproduce itself. Did you have any errors in the forum log?
No, the problem is only apparent on some topics and not others, so I can give you no clues, sorry.

dakey

I just installed this on my 2.0.9. forum and the is mod working  8)
It only seems that the URL is not displayed correct in the tooltip when you use:

[url=http://domain.com]Domain.com[/url]

Any tips?

Advertisement: